NC motorists who hit protesters blocking roadways will be legallyprotected under proposed bill

Old May 19th 17, 12:41 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.survivalism,misc.legal,alt.politics.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
Scout[_4_]

Default NC motorists who hit protesters blocking roadways will be legally protected under proposed bill

"Siri Cruise" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Scout" > wrote:
>
>> "Siri Cruise" > wrote in message

>> > I see where you place the value of human life. Be glad others value
>> > your
>> > life
>> > more than you value theirs.

>> When they don't value their own lives enough NOT to jump, move, or stand
>> in
>> front of moving cars....why should I care about their lives?

> In California vehicles yield the right of way to pedestrians regardless of
> whether the pedestrians are making a legal crossing.

Good luck....you will be dead and I will be looking at a minor traffic
violation, if that.

>Call the police when
> suspect jaywalking or obstruction of traffic and let the police deal with
> it.

No, they don't. Nor does that consider the danger, damage and LIVES
obstructing traffic has resulted in.

Sorry, it is illegal to be a pedestrian on the interstate, because it's
extremely dangerous to be walking on or along the interstate....why? Because
people will run your ass over. But good ahead and tell me you won when
you're in ICU and not expected to survive because you decided to take on a
4,000 pound vehicle moving 60 mph.

Old May 19th 17, 12:47 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.survivalism,misc.legal,alt.politics.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
Scout[_4_]

"Siri Cruise" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> nospam > wrote:
>
>> > In California vehicles yield the right of way to pedestrians regardless
>> > of
>> > whether the pedestrians are making a legal crossing.

>> that might be what the law says, but anyone who steps in front of a
>> moving vehicle which shows no signs of slowing down is not going to
>> enjoy the outcome.

> Actual protesters obstruct traffic in a way that the cars have enough time
> see them and stop.

That assumes the driver sees them, is willing to stop, and isn't in fear of
their life by stopping in the middle of a mob.

Well, gee office, I was following the car in front of me by many times the
normal following distance, looked down to see what had dropped on the floor
boards and a moment later I heard a number of thuds and bumps.....sorry if
all those people had to commit suicide by jumping in front of me. Oh, and I
need a list of their names so I can sue their estates for damages.

>They hold up traffic for a short time until the police and
> highway patrol show up and arrest the protestors.

What if the traffic doesn't want to be held up?

What if an ambulance gets trapped in the hold up and someone dies?

What if there are accidents, resulting in damage, injury or lose of life?

Who exactly should we hold criminally and civilly liable for all that?

Ever see this sign?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...d_mway_ent.jpg

Now think real hard...what exactly do you think prohibited means, and if you
ignore that and doing so causes damage, injury or death...who is to blame.

Yep, you stepped in front of my car......and legally murdered yourself.

The road is cleared without

Old May 19th 17, 01:22 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.survivalism,misc.legal,alt.politics.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
Scout[_4_]

"nospam" > wrote in message
> In article
> >, Siri

>> > that might be what the law says, but anyone who steps in front of a
>> > moving vehicle which shows no signs of slowing down is not going to
>> > enjoy the outcome.

>> Actual protesters obstruct traffic in a way that the cars have enough
>> time to
>> see them and stop.

> you were talking about jaywalking.
>
> the entire goal of protesters is to shut down roads and inconvenience
> innocent drivers who just want to go to work or home or wherever it is
> they're going. some of them attack the drivers who insist on getting
> past their crap.

Further, it should be noted that obstructing traffic to the point of
shutting down a road can readily be foreseen to result in traffic accidents,
and thus damage, injury and possibly death.

As such, the protestors could be held legally liable for ALL of
that....including any injury, or death that resulted from their attempt to
obstruct traffic.

Being a pedestrian does NOT mean you can obstruct traffic. Nor does it
absolve you of your responsibilities to prevent dangerous situations and not
to knowingly place yourself into danger.

As such a defense of your acting in willful criminal negligence is certainly
a reasonable defense for anyone having struck you.

Old May 19th 17, 01:23 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.survivalism,misc.legal,alt.politics.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
Scout[_4_]

"Siri Cruise" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Scout" > wrote:
>
>> "Wayne" > wrote in message
>> news

>> > Looks like a sensible bill. Here in LA there have been gangs of thugs
>> > closing the 110 freeway through downtown. I'll bet the motorists
>> > inconvenienced would welcome such a bill in CA.

>> Well, if motorists would decide to clip the first couple jumping out into
>> traffic, I bet the rest would be a lot less eager to follow.
>>

> And then you find out at your trial that was a police officer making a
> traffic
> stop or a roadworker.

That doesn't absolve them of their responsibility to not place themselves
into harm's way, or to intentionally become a traffic hazard that endangers
the lives and property of others.

Old May 19th 17, 01:32 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.survivalism,misc.legal,alt.politics.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
Klaus Schadenfreude[_2_]

On Thu, 18 May 2017 20:22:02 -0400, "Scout"
> wrote:

>"nospam" > wrote in message
.. .
>> In article
>> >, Siri

>>> Actual protesters obstruct traffic in a way that the cars have enough
>>> time to
>>> see them and stop.

>> you were talking about jaywalking.
>>
>> the entire goal of protesters is to shut down roads and inconvenience
>> innocent drivers who just want to go to work or home or wherever it is
>> they're going. some of them attack the drivers who insist on getting
>> past their crap.

>Further, it should be noted that obstructing traffic to the point of
>shutting down a road can readily be foreseen to result in traffic accidents,
>and thus damage, injury and possibly death.
>
>As such, the protestors could be held legally liable for ALL of
>that....including any injury, or death that resulted from their attempt to
>obstruct traffic.
>
>Being a pedestrian does NOT mean you can obstruct traffic. Nor does it
>absolve you of your responsibilities to prevent dangerous situations and not
>to knowingly place yourself into danger.

Particularly when they obstruct traffic with no other purpose OTHER
THAN obstructing traffic, violating the civil rights of others,
preventing emergency vehicles, etc. etc. etc.

Old May 21st 17, 08:03 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.survivalism,misc.legal,alt.politics.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
Gunner Asch[_2_]

On Thu, 18 May 2017 02:16:39 -0000 (UTC), "Wiley E. Coyote"
> wrote:

>> Anyway start an initiative petition to amend the vehicle code.
>>

>Really, Siri? You want the students to kill Ann Coulter. Would it be wrong
>for someone to want you dead?

Sounds fair to me

---

Old May 21st 17, 08:13 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.survivalism,misc.legal,alt.politics.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
Del Gue

On 5/21/2017 1:03 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
> On Thu, 18 May 2017 02:16:39 -0000 (UTC), "Wiley E. Coyote"
> > wrote:
>

>>> Anyway start an initiative petition to amend the vehicle code.
>>>

>> Really, Siri? You want the students to kill Ann Coulter. Would it be wrong
>> for someone to want you dead?

> Sounds fair to me

One more for the list...