Road Rage Becomes Assault

Old February 1st 07, 03:21 AM posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving
Eeyore

Default Road Rage Becomes Assault

"Scott en Aztlán" wrote:

> So there's this Penske rental truck (looked to be about a 25 footer)
> heading towards an intersection near my office around lunchtime
> yesterday. Behind it is a silver Mercedes. I guess the truck was going
> too slow, because the Mercedes was tailgating the truck. Suddenly, the
> truck stops sharply

Unloaded trucks do that. That's one reason it's unwise to follow too closely.

> - dunno if he did it on purpose to **** with the
> tailgater or not; the Mercedes was so close behind the truck as to be
> in its blind spot, so the truck driver MAY have been unaware of his
> presence.

Sounds pretty likely to me.

> Since it was raining and the street was slick, the Mercedes
> driver almost rear-ended the Penske truck.
>
> The next thing I know, the doors of the Mercedes fly open and two guys
> get out. They run up to the door of the Penske truck and start to pull
> it open - obviously intending to pull a Reginald Denny on the driver.

Now some of your compatriots would argue that this is a good example of why gun
ownership should be more widespread. The trucker could have shot the 2 jerks and
gone on his way.

Graham

Old February 1st 07, 03:51 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
223rem[_2_]

On Jan 31, 10:21 pm, Eeyore >
wrote:

> Now some of your compatriots would argue that this is a good example of why gun
> ownership should be more widespread. The trucker could have shot the 2 jerks and
> gone on his way.

You're very naive mon ami. Criminals and psychos will always find ways
to get guns. Disarming the law abiding citizens is not the way.

Shouldnt you be more worried about the increasing jihadnik movement in
your own country than guns in America?

Old February 1st 07, 04:06 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Eeyore

223rem wrote:

> On Jan 31, 10:21 pm, Eeyore >
> wrote:
>
> > Now some of your compatriots would argue that this is a good example of why gun
> > ownership should be more widespread. The trucker could have shot the 2 jerks and
> > gone on his way.

> You're very naive mon ami. Criminals and psychos will always find ways
> to get guns. Disarming the law abiding citizens is not the way.
>
> Shouldnt you be more worried about the increasing jihadnik movement in
> your own country than guns in America?

Our homegrown jihadists are now very much under the spotlight and being arrested,
tried and jailed. I foretold this would happen and sure enough now it is. Ppl are
getting sick of their special pleading to be treated differently and more inclined to
tell them where to get off.

The good news is that because firearms are difficult to come by, there hasn't been a
single example of jihadists shooting ppl.

Graham

Old February 1st 07, 04:19 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Arif Khokar

[When are you going to start using a news-reader that actually wraps
lines properly?]

Eeyore wrote:
[Lines rewrapped]
> The good news is that because firearms are difficult to come by,
> there hasn't been a single example of jihadists shooting ppl.

I don't recall a single of example of it in the US either. I begin to
wonder why Europe is having such a problem with them, when the US is
not? Given what I've heard from some people living in the UK, and
elsewhere in Europe, racism and discrimination is far more rampant as
compared to here in the US.
Old February 1st 07, 04:26 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
223rem[_2_]

On Jan 31, 11:06 pm, Eeyore >
wrote:

> The good news is that because firearms are difficult to come by, there hasn't been a
> single example of jihadists shooting ppl.

That's awesome news, they're reduced to blowing people up, which is
not nearly as bad.

Arresting jihadists is futile, there's plenty more where they came
from. Treating the symptoms never works, gotta eliminate the cause of
the disease (Islam). Of course the West is too politically correct for
that

Old February 1st 07, 04:33 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
223rem[_2_]

On Jan 31, 11:19 pm, Arif Khokar > wrote:

> I don't recall a single of example of it in the US either. I begin to
> wonder why Europe is having such a problem with them, when the US is
> not?

Muslim immigration to Europe has been on a far larger scale than to
the US. Main sources=North Africa (to France, mainly) and Pakistan (to
the UK).

> Given what I've heard from some people living in the UK, and
> elsewhere in Europe, racism and discrimination is far more rampant as
> compared to here in the US.

Chinese and other immigrants (including 'internal' migrants, such as
Eastern Europeans and gypsies) are also discriminated agains in
Western Europe. Strangely enough, they dont resort to terrorism. So
somehow the inference 'if (racism or discrimination) then (Blow people
up) is false. I wonder why.

Old February 1st 07, 04:34 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Eeyore

Arif Khokar wrote:

> [When are you going to start using a news-reader that actually wraps
> lines properly?]

I did look at Sea Monkey but there was something that put me off it. I forget
what now.

> Eeyore wrote:
> [Lines rewrapped]
> > The good news is that because firearms are difficult to come by,
> > there hasn't been a single example of jihadists shooting ppl.

> I don't recall a single of example of it in the US either. I begin to
> wonder why Europe is having such a problem with them, when the US is
> not?

The number of Muslims perhaps ? It's 2.8% in the UK IIRC and perhaps as much as
8% in France ( they don't keep exact figures based on creed ).

Additionally many of ours are from Pakistan or descended from parents of those
nationalities originally.

> Given what I've heard from some people living in the UK, and
> elsewhere in Europe, racism and discrimination is far more rampant as
> compared to here in the US.

I suspect not actually. I reckon it gets blown out of proportion here by the
'politically correct' crowd whenever a newsworthy example does happen.

The 'racist' BNP - British National Party - here for example has just a few
thousand members.

Almost everyone gives at least token support to racial equality - even the BNP !
Ppl like me see it as substantially a non-issue, not even worthy of serious
comment.

Graham

Old February 1st 07, 04:36 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article .com>, 223rem wrote:
> On Jan 31, 11:19 pm, Arif Khokar > wrote:
>
>> I don't recall a single of example of it in the US either. I begin to
>> wonder why Europe is having such a problem with them, when the US is
>> not?

> Muslim immigration to Europe has been on a far larger scale than to
> the US. Main sources=North Africa (to France, mainly) and Pakistan (to
> the UK).

I doubt it in raw numbers of people coming in. Maybe per capitia.
Old February 1st 07, 04:37 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Eeyore

223rem wrote:

> Eeyore > wrote:
>
> > The good news is that because firearms are difficult to come by, there hasn't been a
> > single example of jihadists shooting ppl.

> That's awesome news, they're reduced to blowing people up, which is
> not nearly as bad.

Bombs are easier to find / detect than concealed guns by a long way.

> Arresting jihadists is futile, there's plenty more where they came
> from. Treating the symptoms never works, gotta eliminate the cause of
> the disease (Islam). Of course the West is too politically correct for
> that

Islam per se isn't the problem. Check what the Koran *really* says ! Like any religion
it's capable of being misused / abused by bigots and misguided jealots. That's the real
problem.

Graham

Old February 1st 07, 04:38 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
223rem[_2_]

On Jan 31, 11:36 pm, (Brent P)
wrote:

> I doubt it in raw numbers of people coming in. Maybe per capitia.

Both. North Africa --> S. Europe is as bad as Mexico --> USA.

You have no idea. Ever been to Spain or France?!

Road Rage Becomes Assault MLOM Driving 0 February 1st 07 03:18 AM
59% Experience Road Rage During Their Daily Commute John S. Driving 0 January 4th 07 08:41 PM
Road rage??? - Shrink shoots at van carrying kids laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE Driving 31 August 24th 06 08:09 PM
road rage info & news songwrangler Driving 2 June 2nd 05 11:35 AM
Ticketed for Road Rage! maxima1 BMW 25 October 8th 04 12:02 AM