The perfect storm

Old December 25th 05, 09:48 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default The perfect storm

Here it comes, 100% tracking in the USA. A perfect storm of left wing and
right wing issues turning into the tracking and taxing of every vehicle
in the US of A.

http://news.com.com/E-tracking,+comi...3-5980979.html

Just another reason to keep a pre-1982 vehicle.

Old December 25th 05, 11:00 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 02:48:55 -0600,
(Brent P) wrote:

>Here it comes, 100% tracking in the USA. A perfect storm of left wing and
>right wing issues turning into the tracking and taxing of every vehicle
>in the US of A.

http://news.com.com/E-tracking,+comi...3-5980979.html

Look at the bright side: Every vehicle would be able to report its
location and speed in real time. Imagine how accurate the freeway
congestion maps would be with that kind of data source!

>Just another reason to keep a pre-1982 vehicle.

Why 1982? My 2005 vehicle has no such device installed, nor is there
any way one could be installed would would "disable the vehicle" if I
were to disable or remove the tracking device.

Old December 26th 05, 05:52 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article >, Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 02:48:55 -0600,
> (Brent P) wrote:
>
>>Here it comes, 100% tracking in the USA. A perfect storm of left wing and
>>right wing issues turning into the tracking and taxing of every vehicle
>>in the US of A.

http://news.com.com/E-tracking,+comi...3-5980979.html

> Look at the bright side: Every vehicle would be able to report its
> location and speed in real time. Imagine how accurate the freeway
> congestion maps would be with that kind of data source!

Since everyone will be held to go greater than the speed limit, the speed
will always be aproximately zero due traffic never clearing from one set
of rush hours to the next.

>>Just another reason to keep a pre-1982 vehicle.

> Why 1982? My 2005 vehicle has no such device installed, nor is there
> any way one could be installed would would "disable the vehicle" if I
> were to disable or remove the tracking device.

The article describes manditory retrofits to existing vehicles. One can
make a retrofit that can prevent tampering with the device by replacing
the engine management computer. However, where a vehicle doesn't need one
to run, it's possible to just yank the thing out again without any
problems.

Old December 26th 05, 09:05 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.misc

Brent P wrote:
> Here it comes, 100% tracking in the USA. A perfect storm of left wing and
> right wing issues turning into the tracking and taxing of every vehicle
> in the US of A.
>
> http://news.com.com/E-tracking,+comi...3-5980979.html

You reckless drivers are causing this by giving the govt a perfect
argument. All they have to do is point out all the thousands of
children killed and maimed every year by speeders and DUIs and red
light runners etc.

Old December 27th 05, 12:52 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.misc

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
> Brent P wrote:
> > Here it comes, 100% tracking in the USA. A perfect storm of left wing and
> > right wing issues turning into the tracking and taxing of every vehicle
> > in the US of A.
> >
> > http://news.com.com/E-tracking,+comi...3-5980979.html

> You reckless drivers are causing this by giving the govt a perfect
> argument. All they have to do is point out all the thousands of
> children killed and maimed every year by speeders and DUIs and red
> light runners etc.

Yeah, but it's the government's fault for issuing licenses to morons
like yourself. Fortunately you guys seem to be quite adept at killing
yourselves.

Have a good Hannukah?

Old December 27th 05, 09:35 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article >, Scott en Aztlán wrote:

> You mean like the "crossfire injection" engines GM made in the early
> 80s? ROFLMAO!!

No, I mean like the computer controled quadrajet carburator.

Old December 28th 05, 06:52 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.misc

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
> Brent P wrote:
> > Here it comes, 100% tracking in the USA. A perfect storm of left wing and
> > right wing issues turning into the tracking and taxing of every vehicle
> > in the US of A.
> >
> > http://news.com.com/E-tracking,+comi...3-5980979.html

> You reckless drivers are causing this by giving the govt a perfect
> argument. All they have to do is point out all the thousands of
> children killed and maimed every year by speeders and DUIs and red
> light runners etc.

This is how you can make statistics lie...

You, along with the NHTSA, IIHS, and other less than open-minded
organizations have repeatedly bleated the "truth" that "speeding
kills." However, I admit that when conditions allow, I have been known
to exceed the speed limit. I've been doing it ever since I got my
driver's license some 15 years ago. Show me ONE child, or any living
thing larger than a bird or squirrel, that I have killed, maimed, or
even scratched and I will concede that you may have a valid argument.
Furthermore, most people can say the same thing - they exceed the speed
limit on a regular basis and yet manage to go quite a few years without
any incident at all. Why should I, and the majority of the driving
public, be punished due to the fact that other people are simply poor
drivers (regardless of whether or not they exceed the speed limit?)

nate

Bad AAA Tow, New Tires, Do I need to pay for perfect alignment? Stephen Technology 7 October 5th 05 02:24 AM
Philly ice storm classicred Mazda 0 March 9th 05 02:28 AM
The perfect road! Sunset Sam Ford Mustang 59 February 9th 05 04:19 AM
first storm for my jeep j.lef Jeep 13 January 26th 05 12:09 PM
Perfect Holiday Gift Idea [email protected] Jeep 0 December 21st 04 08:47 PM