sim racing group not just iracing group

Old September 2nd 10, 12:48 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
LuvrSmel

Default sim racing group not just iracing group

that being said and agreed upon in a "told ya so" kind of way, I was
surprised to see that my old (3.0GHz) overclocked to (3.4GHz)P4 system runs
NFS undercover more smoothly in Win7 than it did in XP. I have much better
frame rates. FYI, the system is a dual boot running all the same hardware.
How many others are having this success with other games as well?

Old September 2nd 10, 02:11 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jwilson54[_2_]

On 9/1/2010 7:48 PM, Luvrsmel wrote:
> that being said and agreed upon in a "told ya so" kind of way, I was
> surprised to see that my old (3.0GHz) overclocked to (3.4GHz)P4 system
> runs NFS undercover more smoothly in Win7 than it did in XP. I have much
> better frame rates. FYI, the system is a dual boot running all the same
> hardware.
> How many others are having this success with other games as well?

I run ARCA 08 on a dual boot system,and it seems to run alot smoother
under win7 64bit!
Old September 2nd 10, 05:39 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
APLer

"Luvrsmel" > wrote in news:mDBfo.449$89.378@edtnps83:

> that being said and agreed upon in a "told ya so" kind of way, I was
> surprised to see that my old (3.0GHz) overclocked to (3.4GHz)P4 system
> runs NFS undercover more smoothly in Win7 than it did in XP. I have
> much better frame rates. FYI, the system is a dual boot running all
> the same hardware. How many others are having this success with other
> games as well?

If you want to *really* speed up your computer, check out 98lite.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/98lite

I haven't got into the nuts and bolts of it, but apparently you can run
anything that can run in XP with it.

Of course disabling all the crap in startup always helps in any case.