nice, low mileage white 1997 miata for XS11E

Old May 8th 10, 09:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Default nice, low mileage white 1997 miata for XS11E

I saw this one today and thought of you, buddy......No HUGE WING & TAK
though, sorry..........

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/1730568366.html

Pat
Old May 8th 10, 10:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

pws > wrote:

> I saw this one today and thought of you, buddy......No HUGE WING &
> TAK though, sorry..........
>
> http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/1730568366.html

Thanks for thinking of me but w/o the HUGE TAK it fails to achieve the
same level of hideousity <-sometimes there's no adequate word so one
has to create a new one!

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old May 9th 10, 02:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chuck[_13_]

The front bumper makes up for the lack of Huge Wing & Tac.
It has a powercard and no supercharger or turbo, leading me to think
that one or the other was removed.

Old May 9th 10, 04:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

"XS11E" > wrote in message
> pws > wrote:
>

> Thanks for thinking of me but w/o the HUGE TAK it fails to achieve the
> same level of hideousity <-sometimes there's no adequate word so one
> has to create a new one!

"XS11E"

Couldn't agree more but I had a different word formed in my mouth very
naturally as I read and looked at that car: FUGLY sort of short for f'n
ugly ;-)

Later,
cd
99BBB

Old May 9th 10, 05:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Grant Edwards[_3_]

On 2010-05-08, pws > wrote:
> I saw this one today and thought of you, buddy......No HUGE WING & TAK
> though, sorry..........
>
> http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/1730568366.html

That wing looks plenty huge to me, and I'm sure a huge tak could be
found on ebay. I have a feeling the exhaust would be too loud for me
though -- the owner seems to have gotten into the habit of shouting
constantly.

--
Grant

Old May 9th 10, 07:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

> "XS11E" > wrote in message

>> Thanks for thinking of me but w/o the HUGE TAK it fails to
>> achieve the same level of hideousity <-sometimes there's no
>> adequate word so one has to create a new one!

> Couldn't agree more but I had a different word formed in my mouth
> very naturally as I read and looked at that car: FUGLY sort of
> short for f'n ugly ;-)

Fugly only begins to describe it.... words fail me...

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old May 9th 10, 07:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Grant Edwards > wrote:

>> http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/1730568366.html

> That wing looks plenty huge to me, and I'm sure a huge tak could
> be found on ebay. I have a feeling the exhaust would be too loud
> for me though -- the owner seems to have gotten into the habit of
> shouting constantly.

I did flag it as prohibited fcr that, hope everyone else did too?

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old May 9th 10, 11:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Domagoj Bagaric[_2_]

On 8.5.2010. 23:27, XS11E wrote:

> Thanks for thinking of me but w/o the HUGE TAK it fails to achieve the

what's a tak?
Old May 9th 10, 01:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Grant Edwards wrote:
> On 2010-05-08, pws > wrote:
>> I saw this one today and thought of you, buddy......No HUGE WING & TAK
>> though, sorry..........
>>
>> http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/1730568366.html

> That wing looks plenty huge to me, and I'm sure a huge tak could be
> found on ebay. I have a feeling the exhaust would be too loud for me
> though -- the owner seems to have gotten into the habit of shouting
> constantly.

Sorry, make that, no HUGE TAK. That part must be shouted for
clarification. :-)

You are correct, that wing is plenty huge. I am not sure how to describe
that rear bumper, I may need to see a more detailed picture of it.

I am probably going to get my butt kicked one day for making fun of
Miatas in my area..............It is all in good spirits, though, to
each their own in "styling" tastes.

Pat
Old May 9th 10, 01:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Domagoj Bagaric wrote:
> On 8.5.2010. 23:27, XS11E wrote:
>
>> Thanks for thinking of me but w/o the HUGE TAK it fails to achieve the

> what's a tak?

Not sure about a tak, but a HUGE TAK! is from an advertisement for a
Miata on Craigslist that was, ummmm, unique.

One of the main selling points was a "HUGE WING & TAK!", which was in
reference to the trunk spoiler and the tachometer.

I am not sure why a HUGE TAK! would be a good thing, but the seller was
apparently proud of it. At least I understand the WING, even though I am
not a fan of them.

Anyway, the HUGE WING & TAK! has been a running joke here for a couple
of years now. :-)

Pat

Fs: 1997 Mazda Miata MX-5 46 k $5,300 [email protected] Mazda 0 October 15th 07 04:11 PM
FA: Flying Miata STB + Hood Prop for 1990 - 1997 Miata pws[_1_] Mazda 0 March 30th 07 02:00 PM
Nice central Texas miata for $3800.00 pws[_1_] Mazda 3 March 14th 07 01:49 AM
poor gas mileage 2000 Miata josh Mazda 4 February 8th 05 03:31 AM
Highest mileage Miata (>408K ?) waltfit Mazda 4 January 14th 05 04:53 AM