Is Toyota damaging the reputation of Japan?

Old April 30th 10, 12:49 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
hls

Default Is Toyota damaging the reputation of Japan?

"TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-****"

I think Toyota's problems come from arrogance.
********
I dont know if you can lay it all off on arrogance, but when a company
grows in size and credibility the way Toyota has done, it is not unusual
for it to "get fat" and lose sight of the horizon a little.

With all that has happened, Toyota still produces vehicles that are
quite good, and the performance of Toyota with trying to rectify
the problems that have come to light are, IMO, far better than some
of their Generally Mentioned competitors.

If you will notice, people sometimes behave the same. A clean face,
a period of popularity, a rise to the top, and then the tsunami of hubris.
Some recover, some dont. Jesse James, John Edwards, "Cheetah"
Wood, etc
Old April 30th 10, 02:36 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

On Apr 29, 4:49*pm, "hls" > wrote:
> "TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-****"
>
> I think Toyota's problems come from arrogance.
> ********
> I dont know if you can lay it all off on arrogance, but when a company
> grows in size and credibility the way Toyota has done, it is not unusual
> for it to "get fat" and lose sight of the horizon a little.
>
> With all that has happened, Toyota still produces vehicles that are
> quite good, and the performance of Toyota with trying to rectify
> the problems that have come to light are, IMO, far better than some
> of their Generally Mentioned competitors.
>
> If you will notice, people sometimes behave the same. *A clean face,
> a period of popularity, a rise to the top, and then the tsunami of hubris..
> Some recover, some dont. *Jesse James, John Edwards, "Cheetah"
> Wood, etc

Yeah, it sounds pretty realistic. Toyota is not above the law of the
jungle, and now it's trying to rectify its PUBLIC IMAGE. Call it
SURVIVAL if you will, where other competitors like Mazda and VW are
making better engineered products.

Perception is everything. One minute the sheep say Toyota is the best,
the next who knows.