timing for a 75 jeep cj with a 304 v-8

Old January 31st 09, 07:18 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4

Default timing for a 75 jeep cj with a 304 v-8

I live in a very rural area and I am trying to set the timing on my
jeep. The local parts store does not have the right book. I would
really appreciate any help.
Old February 1st 09, 05:50 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Reed

wrote:
> I live in a very rural area and I am trying to set the timing on my
> jeep. The local parts store does not have the right book. I would
> really appreciate any help.

according to AutoZone at
http://www1.autozone.com/shopping/specsSelect.htm
it is:
"Ignition Timing

For your 1975 Jeep CJ5 (5.0L 2BL OHV):
5 Degrees
Note:

Before top dead center
*Set at warm idle speed (750 RPM)
*Distributor vacuum hose disconnected & plugged
*Transmission in neutral (parking brake engaged)"

Old February 25th 09, 08:07 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
SnoMan

On 1/31/2009 1:18 AM, wrote:
> I live in a very rural area and I am trying to set the timing on my
> jeep. The local parts store does not have the right book. I would
> really appreciate any help.

Automatic or manual?