My DUI Charges Dropped! A Great Argument

Old May 8th 07, 01:25 PM posted to alt.law-enforcement,alt.true-crime,misc.legal,rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

Default My DUI Charges Dropped! A Great Argument

In article > , Deadrat wrote:

>> There was nothing emotional about it.

> Sorry. I thought that was you who ran off in a snit.

You're making the summary dismissal of the technical aspects and rather
insistant on it.... It is pointless to continue under those conditions,
alternatively I could say you're having an emotional snit and just
refusing to discuss the topic....

> Not much when it comes to traffic control devices. Not much in
> misc.legal.

The only group on this cross post I read is rec.autos.driving.

>> Why should I continue attempting to discuss the technical aspects at
>> all with someone who has no interest in them?

> Because. this. isn't. about. technical. aspects. of. traffic control.

It is part of rec.autos.driving. Are you not watching where you're cross
posting?

>> I should just entertain
>> you with a pointless usenet tit for tat on politics?

> Because. this. is. misc.legal. Not. misc.techie.traffic-control.

This is rec.autos.driving for me.

> It's both. It's not either/or. That's part of your lack of success --
> you think the decisions can be settled by an appeal to technical data and
> only by technical data.

It's an engineering question, not an emotional political one. It's the
politics that has it all screwed up.

Old May 8th 07, 06:29 PM posted to alt.law-enforcement,alt.true-crime,misc.legal,rec.autos.driving
Deadrat

(Brent P) wrote in
:

> In article > , Deadrat
> wrote:
>
>>> There was nothing emotional about it.

>> Sorry. I thought that was you who ran off in a snit.

> You're making the summary dismissal of the technical aspects and
> rather insistant on it.... It is pointless to continue under those
> conditions, alternatively I could say you're having an emotional snit
> and just refusing to discuss the topic....
>
>> Not much when it comes to traffic control devices. Not much in
>> misc.legal.

> The only group on this cross post I read is rec.autos.driving.

Check your cross posts, and consider your total audience.

>>> Why should I continue attempting to discuss the technical aspects at
>>> all with someone who has no interest in them?

>> Because. this. isn't. about. technical. aspects. of. traffic
>> control.

> It is part of rec.autos.driving. Are you not watching where you're
> cross posting?

And the topic is still not about the technical aspects of traffic
control, but the role those aspects play in making law.

>>> I should just entertain
>>> you with a pointless usenet tit for tat on politics?

>> Because. this. is. misc.legal. Not. misc.techie.traffic-control.

> This is rec.autos.driving for me.

You're right. This is pointless.

>> It's both. It's not either/or. That's part of your lack of success
>> -- you think the decisions can be settled by an appeal to technical
>> data and only by technical data.

> It's an engineering question, not an emotional political one. It's the
> politics that has it all screwed up.

That may be, but it's still not simply an engineering question. Until
you realilze that, your frustration will be never ending.

But you're right about rec.autos.driving. You want to talk about things
like the thickness of the colored lenses on traffic lights. I don't.
We're talking past one another here.

Sorry, never mind, and I think we're done.
Old May 8th 07, 07:12 PM posted to alt.law-enforcement,alt.true-crime,can.legal,misc.legal,rec.autos.driving
Matthew T. Russotto

In article >,
Kent Wills > wrote:
>As I understand it, on 7 May 2007 05:18:21 -0700, N8N
> wrote:
>
>>Were the FF's willing to obey the law and just pay their tea taxes
>>etc.?

> They had no recourse for laws that were unfair, or that they
>perceived were unfair.

Certainly they did; they were able to (and did) petition the Crown.
The Crown blew them off, of course.

>>Were they therefore immature?
>>

> No. They were willing to accept the consequences of their
>actions.

Were they, now? The Sons of Liberty did their work in disguise, and
tried to keep their identities secret. The colonists eventually
resisted by force the consequences the British wished to impose. That
doesn't seem to me to be any sort of willing acceptance.
result in a fully-depreciated one.