How Does A Car Run on Water?

Old May 11th 08, 09:52 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
jennyjenny

Default How Does A Car Run on Water?

....With this water fuel technology, I have personally saved more than
50% in fuel costs savings ever since I started using this system...
http://tbmcars.googlepages.com/car_r...ter_4_gas_scam
Old May 11th 08, 01:20 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Tom[_2_]

RITE!!!

and santa clause is delivering mail for the post office as a subcontractor
in the off season to make ends meet.

Old May 22nd 08, 05:21 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Mack Fan

I Dono? --but--back during WW11 some of Our Fighter Aircraft had a Water
Injection System that gave Our Fighters More Power in
Emergancies--but--Pilots only could Use It for a very Short period of
Time--as that System was Hard on Engines! a Known Fact--Internal
Engines Do Run Better on a Damp Day! -- --Mack Fan--

Old May 22nd 08, 10:45 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Tom[_2_]

water injection gives more power due to the cooling of the fuel mixture.
but it is also hard on the engine because too much water or an incomplete
vaporization of the mixture can cause a hydrolock condition, which can bend
a connecting rod.

what these guys are talking about is making the engine run on hydrogen that
is produced by a hydrogen generator built into the vehicle.
this system is a joke, because it can not produce enough energy to run
itself.

Old May 23rd 08, 03:31 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Lon

Mack Fan wrote:
> I Dono? --but--back during WW11 some of Our Fighter Aircraft had a Water
> Injection System that gave Our Fighters More Power in
> Emergancies--but--Pilots only could Use It for a very Short period of
> Time--as that System was Hard on Engines! a Known Fact--Internal
> Engines Do Run Better on a Damp Day! -- --Mack Fan--

Ummm, yeah. No wonder the US is going to hell in a handbasket if this
is an example of our educational system.

Water injection was used on civilian air craft well into the 70's as
well as on a turbocharged Oldsmobile engine. The system wasnt hard
on engines, the problems came about when you ran out of water.

Old May 23rd 08, 05:30 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Will Honea[_1_]

Lon wrote:

> Mack Fan wrote:
>> I Dono? --but--back during WW11 some of Our Fighter Aircraft had a Water
>> Injection System that gave Our Fighters More Power in
>> Emergancies--but--Pilots only could Use It for a very Short period of
>> Time--as that System was Hard on Engines! a Known Fact--Internal
>> Engines Do Run Better on a Damp Day! -- --Mack Fan--
>>

> Ummm, yeah. No wonder the US is going to hell in a handbasket if this
> is an example of our educational system.
>
> Water injection was used on civilian air craft well into the 70's as
> well as on a turbocharged Oldsmobile engine. The system wasnt hard
> on engines, the problems came about when you ran out of water.

Aircraft, especially the many-motored mil types, used water injection for
takeoff boost as far back as WW II. According to operating manuals, it
provided a condensed mass that expanded very well while keeping cylinder
head temps within reason. Same dash-1 also warns of stress issues due to
increased cylinder pressures as well as corrosive effects. Seems
superheated steam wants to eat anything it touches <g>. For whatever
reason, the dash-1 called for water off as soon as practical when used for
MTO power. This is the first I had heard of a production auto engine using
it.

--
Will Honea