How far does your A4 tdi go?

Old November 9th 05, 07:58 PM
Bobby Monk

Default How far does your A4 tdi go?

Right then a challenge for everyone, driving a a4 tdi anyway.

I can get just under 700 miles on a full tank of diesel !

what can u get?

would love to here others

Old November 9th 05, 09:58 PM
Noisy bacon

Bobby Monk wrote:
> Right then a challenge for everyone, driving a a4 tdi anyway.
>
> I can get just under 700 miles on a full tank of diesel !
>
> what can u get?
>
> would love to here others

I thought nobody would ever ask! Is it just me or does everybody reset the
trip when they fill up and then sweat over how far they can get? Do I run it
down to 0 miles to go and hope it doesn't run out of fuel before I can beat
500/600/700 or whatever? And do you love to watch the 'miles to go' seesaw
up and down depending on how you're driving?

Mine's a sport 130 avant and around town I can't quite wring 600 out of a
tank, but recently I got over 700 on a return trip to Devon (I live in
Ipswich)

Old November 9th 05, 10:38 PM
Ronny

"Noisy bacon" > wrote in message
> Bobby Monk wrote:
>> Right then a challenge for everyone, driving a a4 tdi anyway.
>>
>> I can get just under 700 miles on a full tank of diesel !
>>
>> what can u get?
>>
>> would love to here others

> I thought nobody would ever ask! Is it just me or does everybody reset the
> trip when they fill up and then sweat over how far they can get? Do I run
> it
> down to 0 miles to go and hope it doesn't run out of fuel before I can
> beat
> 500/600/700 or whatever? And do you love to watch the 'miles to go' seesaw
> up and down depending on how you're driving?
>
> Mine's a sport 130 avant and around town I can't quite wring 600 out of a
> tank, but recently I got over 700 on a return trip to Devon (I live in
> Ipswich)

I can get 490 out of a 1.8T quattro, but I suppose it doesn't count

BTW remember quattro models have a slightly smaller tank than the front
wheel drive equiv

Old November 9th 05, 11:16 PM
Bobby Monk

unfortunately my a4 is a 96 reg (n) and dont have the luxury of a trip to
tell me how many miles i have left in the tank.

i do however reset the odometer and run right down into the red to see how
far i can go, i do only do this now and again to try and better my previous
milage !!

How geeky is this ? but i do like getting the best out of my car considering
i drive over 3000 miles a month !!

live in leicester work in barnsley !! crazy !!

Old November 9th 05, 11:44 PM
Ronny

"Bobby Monk" > wrote in message
> unfortunately my a4 is a 96 reg (n) and dont have the luxury of a trip to
> tell me how many miles i have left in the tank.

I thought all Audis have a "fuel remaining" readout on the DIS even if your
car is not fitted with the full DIS,

Old November 10th 05, 12:11 AM
Graham

Ronny wrote:
> "Bobby Monk" > wrote in message
>
>>unfortunately my a4 is a 96 reg (n) and dont have the luxury of a trip to
>>tell me how many miles i have left in the tank.
>>

> I thought all Audis have a "fuel remaining" readout on the DIS even if your
> car is not fitted with the full DIS,

Unfortunately, that is not the case. There are at least 3 types of DIS.
One with just an icon display (low fuel, brake test, temp test etc),
"mini" DIS with basic info and "full" DIS with everything.
Old November 10th 05, 08:31 PM
Bobby Monk

whats a DIS ?

Old November 10th 05, 11:16 PM
Ronny

"Bobby Monk" > wrote in message
> whats a DIS ?

Driver Information System.

It's an Audi's way of telling you something is wrong, but only for the less
serious stuff, like the previous poster say's you have 3 types although I
have only ever heard of 2.

Full DIS you get a little switch on the wiper stalk to control trip
computer, fuel used, remaining, av mpg etc, plus you get bulb out alert,
brake test, low washer fluid etc.

Partial DIS (what I have) Fuel remaining, Out Temp, Major warnings like low
water, oil etc, Speed Reading, and 2 hour break,

I had full DIS in my old 2.6 quattro, but my new 1.8T QS does not have it