Sum Dum Phuc

Old December 29th 05, 03:52 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Sum Dum Phuc

Scott en Aztlán wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 21:21:20 -0600, "Dan J.S." > wrote:

>>>Phuc'n litterbugs...
>>>
>>>http://tinypic.com/jaay5v.jpg

>>Are you just Phucking around? No Phucking ****!

> You can't Phucing make this **** up.

Now all we have to do is wait for someone from carstalk to post and
claim that is a passport from a deceased relative of his
Old December 29th 05, 10:09 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Scott en Aztlán wrote:

> Phuc'n litterbugs...
>
> http://tinypic.com/jaay5v.jpg

I have to wonder if someone stole his wallet and just threw the
contents out the window or something. It seems it would be difficult
to be that Phuc'n dumb.

Dave

Old December 30th 05, 03:37 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Scott en Aztlán wrote:

> One of the amazing things I discovered when I started walking to the
> train station in the mornings is the amount of litter that people toss
> out of their car windows as they drive. And it's not just cigarette
> butts and In 'n Out wrappers, either - I've come across confidential
> corporate memos, phone bills, gas bills, and other "sensitive"
> documents.

OTOH, I've found a $10 bill, lots of change, quite a few sockets (almost
always SAE rather than metric -- is there a lesson to be learned here?)
and a Gerber tool.

> Here's a hint for all you folks who are concerned about identity
> theft: it's probably not a particularly good idea to discard your
> expired passport by tossing it out your car window onto the sidewalk.
>
> Phuc'n litterbugs...
>
> http://tinypic.com/jaay5v.jpg

Consider the possibility that his wallet/whatever was stolen and the thief
just tossed the useless stuff out the window. On our bike rides we've
found half a dozen wallets that that explanation fits. If there's any ID
left I try to locate the owner -- last one was a kid who left his wallet
at a Starbucks -- gone when he went back for it, of course. His insurance
card was still inside, along with some photos etc. Kid was glad to get it
back.

Others I just drop in, for instance, the library return slot. I'm willing
to invest some effort, but not a lot.

--
Cheers, Bev
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Old December 30th 05, 04:26 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article >, Arif Khokar wrote:
> Scott en Aztlán wrote:

>>>Are you just Phucking around? No Phucking ****!

>> You can't Phucing make this **** up.

> Now all we have to do is wait for someone from carstalk to post and
> claim that is a passport from a deceased relative of his

That was on board one of the planes that crashed into the WTC but the
passport survived, completely intact!

Old December 30th 05, 04:32 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article >, The Real Bev wrote:

> OTOH, I've found a $10 bill, lots of change, quite a few sockets (almost
> always SAE rather than metric -- is there a lesson to be learned here?)
> and a Gerber tool.

I find all sorts of stuff too, especially while biking. I found a 9mm
deep 1/4" drive craftsman socket in front of my house... like 3
baseballs too, nice ones. On the road I've found a couple screwdrivers,
a wrench, a perfectly good roll of blue ducttape.... The oddest thing
I've found biking has to be the rear housing of a GSM cellphone that
wasn't even sold in the USA and didn't even function here. there is some
possibility it was molded a few miles from where I found it though.

Old December 30th 05, 06:10 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Brent P wrote:

> In article >, The Real Bev wrote:
>
>> OTOH, I've found a $10 bill, lots of change, quite a few sockets (almost
>> always SAE rather than metric -- is there a lesson to be learned here?)
>> and a Gerber tool.

> I find all sorts of stuff too, especially while biking. I found a 9mm
> deep 1/4" drive craftsman socket in front of my house... like 3
> baseballs too, nice ones. On the road I've found a couple screwdrivers,
> a wrench, a perfectly good roll of blue ducttape.... The oddest thing
> I've found biking has to be the rear housing of a GSM cellphone that
> wasn't even sold in the USA and didn't even function here. there is some
> possibility it was molded a few miles from where I found it though.

There's a golf course about a half-mile up the street. Gentle hill. It's
amazing how far golf balls will roll...

The other day at a park my husband found a working cellphone. Fancy, GPS,
etc. He called one of the numbers, who called the owner, who called the
phone and said he'd be there to pick it up in an hour or so. Jeez, if I'd
lost something like that I would have tried to hurry a bit more! Even if
insurance covers stuff like that, you still have to fill up the
addressbook again etc....

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old December 30th 05, 06:30 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Scott en Aztlán wrote:

> > wrote:
>
>>Consider the possibility that his wallet/whatever was stolen and the thief
>>just tossed the useless stuff out the window.

> Possible, I suppose - but why carry around a passport with you that's
> been expired for 5 years?

No driver's license when you cash a check?

>>On our bike rides we've
>>found half a dozen wallets that that explanation fits. If there's any ID
>>left I try to locate the owner -- last one was a kid who left his wallet
>>at a Starbucks -- gone when he went back for it, of course. His insurance
>>card was still inside, along with some photos etc. Kid was glad to get it
>>back.

> If this passport had been valid, I'd have returned it to the passport
> window at the Post Orifice so they could return it to the owner. Since
> it's expired, however, I just threw it into the shredder.

Might have been evidence or something. Fingerprints. DNA. All gone.
Because of you, a murderer will escape justice.

Old December 30th 05, 08:22 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article >, The Real Bev wrote:

> The other day at a park my husband found a working cellphone. Fancy, GPS,
> etc. He called one of the numbers, who called the owner, who called the
> phone and said he'd be there to pick it up in an hour or so. Jeez, if I'd
> lost something like that I would have tried to hurry a bit more! Even if
> insurance covers stuff like that, you still have to fill up the
> addressbook again etc....

I could easily be an hour away from somewhere I lost something. I could
leave the second I found out and still need an hour or so to get there.