Officer Smiley says slow the fOck down and fOck dying young!

Old December 16th 05, 04:04 PM posted to alt.sports.football.pro.oak-raiders,rec.autos.driving

Default Officer Smiley says slow the fOck down and fOck dying young!

In article >,
says...
>You stupid fOcks who think U da bomb drivin so hard, pull your
>fOcking heads out of your fOcking hoes. God only gives U 1
>chance.
>LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Former NFL tackle Darrell Russell and
>another ex-football player were killed on Thursday when their
>speeding car veered out of control on a Los Angeles street --
>hitting a curb, fire hydrant, two trees, a newsstand and light
>pole before slamming into an empty bus. Authorities said Russell
>and Mike Bastianelli, who starred alongside Russell at the
>University of Southern California, were rushed to local
>hospitals after the 6 a.m. (9 a.m. EST/1400 GMT) crash and died
>there of massive injuries. "This was a very serious car
>accident. The car was traveling at a very high rate of speed,"
>Los Angeles Police Lt. Paul Vernon said.

Reckless drivers kills self and buddy in car. At least they didn't kill
anyone else. They must have been going pretty damn fast to be able to
bounce off of so many objects. I'm sure sheriff bunnel is upset that his
tv cameras were not there to capture the spectacular crash.
-------------
Alex

Old December 16th 05, 11:16 PM posted to alt.sports.football.pro.oak-raiders,rec.autos.driving

gpsman wrote:

> Izzy wrote:
>
>>Alex Rodriguez wrote:
>>

>>>In article >,
says...

>>snip
>>

>>>Reckless drivers kills self and buddy in car. At least they didn't kill
>>>anyone else. They must have been going pretty damn fast to be able to
>>>bounce off of so many objects. I'm sure sheriff bunnel is upset that his
>>>tv cameras were not there to capture the spectacular crash.
>>>-------------

>>They?! they were both driving? Do you think because Russell was in the
>>car he is somehow culpable for the driver's actions? Please explain this.

> -----
>
> No problem.
>
> A passenger is responsible for their own safety in circumstances such
> as this. This includes the decision to ride with an idiot (or drunk)
> or continuing to ride with same. Reaching over to switch off the
> engine is not considered unreasonable nor is calling 911 to report a
> "kidnapping". I've seen the result of civil litigation in this
> instance.
>
> The passenger can even be found partially responsible for the driver's
> actions for not doing anything should the crash involve a third party.
>
> Try collecting on personal injury claim as a passenger after choosing
> to not wear a seatbelt or ride in a vehicle unequipped. Same premise.
> -----

For you to find that any passenger in a crash has culpability without
proof is absolutely ridiculous. It takes 10 pounds of pressure with a
foot to accelerate a car to terminal velocity. Apart from expressing a
strong desire for the driver to cease their actions, a passenger is
completely at the driver's mercy. To attempt to physically stop the
driver creates even more danger because you do not know the outcome of
their present actions.

When my 16-year old daughter climbed into a car three years ago for a
ride to school, she died screaming at the driver of that car to slow
down just before they hit an oak tree killing the driver, my daughter,
and leaving a boy otherwise uninjured, with emotional scars he heavily
carries to this day.

The 'trusted' driver had given numerous kids rides home and to practice
without showing signs of this type of behavior to any of the kids who
were in that close circle. It doesn't have to be premeditated, or for
the driver to have a track record for these tragedies to happen.

I take my share of the blame in that when my daughter told me she was
getting a ride to school with 'Stephanie' and I consented. I assumed it
was another friend named Stephanie who's mother often gave them rides.
My daughter had zero culpability, her death was found to be caused by
vehicular manslaughter.
Old December 16th 05, 11:56 PM posted to alt.sports.football.pro.oak-raiders,rec.autos.driving

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005, Izzy wrote:

> When my 16-year old daughter climbed into a car three years ago for a
> ride to school, she died screaming at the driver of that car to slow
> down just before they hit an oak tree killing the driver, my daughter,
> and leaving a boy otherwise uninjured, with emotional scars he heavily
> carries to this day.

That's awful and sad. I hope the parents of the driver still live close to
you, so they see you on a fairly regular basis and get to carry on
suffering -- literally -- for their abject parenting failures for a long,
long time.

Old December 17th 05, 12:50 AM posted to alt.sports.football.pro.oak-raiders,rec.autos.driving

Daniel J. Stern wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Dec 2005, Izzy wrote:
>
>> When my 16-year old daughter climbed into a car three years ago for a
>> ride to school, she died screaming at the driver of that car to slow
>> down just before they hit an oak tree killing the driver, my daughter,
>> and leaving a boy otherwise uninjured, with emotional scars he heavily
>> carries to this day.

> That's awful and sad. I hope the parents of the driver still live close
> to you, so they see you on a fairly regular basis and get to carry on
> suffering -- literally -- for their abject parenting failures for a
> long, long time.

Their daughter made a horrific error in judgement that cost her and my
daughter their lives. Her parents (she was an only child) didn't teach
her this, and believe me we ALL have suffered enough. I don't wish them
ill will because of their daughter's actions, they already have a life
sentence with that.
Old December 17th 05, 01:08 AM posted to alt.sports.football.pro.oak-raiders,rec.autos.driving

Izzy wrote:
> gpsman wrote:

> > A passenger is responsible for their own safety in circumstances such
> > as this. This includes the decision to ride with an idiot (or drunk)
> > or continuing to ride with same. Reaching over to switch off the
> > engine is not considered unreasonable nor is calling 911 to report a
> > "kidnapping". I've seen the result of civil litigation in this
> > instance.
> > -----

> For you to find that any passenger in a crash has culpability without
> proof is absolutely ridiculous. It takes 10 pounds of pressure with a
> foot to accelerate a car to terminal velocity. Apart from expressing a
> strong desire for the driver to cease their actions, a passenger is
> completely at the driver's mercy. To attempt to physically stop the
> driver creates even more danger because you do not know the outcome of
> their present actions.

Well... it's not me who decided that the passenger can carry some
responsibility for a driver's behavior. I am but a reporter of what I
have observed the law has found. This incident, involving two grown
men, can not be considered parallel with your experience.

> When my 16-year old daughter climbed into a car three years ago for a
> ride to school, she died screaming at the driver of that car to slow
> down just before they hit an oak tree killing the driver, my daughter,
> and leaving a boy otherwise uninjured, with emotional scars he heavily
> carries to this day.

I'm sorry for your loss...

> The 'trusted' driver had given numerous kids rides home and to practice
> without showing signs of this type of behavior to any of the kids who
> were in that close circle. It doesn't have to be premeditated, or for
> the driver to have a track record for these tragedies to happen.
>
> I take my share of the blame in that when my daughter told me she was
> getting a ride to school with 'Stephanie' and I consented. I assumed it
> was another friend named Stephanie who's mother often gave them rides.
> My daughter had zero culpability, her death was found to be caused by
> vehicular manslaughter.

Well, I'd argue that you bear no responsibility. You made your best
call based on the information you had. She made her best call based on
the experience with the driver as you describe. A 16 year old girl has
no power over a stronger male at that age.
-----

- gpsman

Old December 17th 05, 01:09 AM posted to alt.sports.football.pro.oak-raiders,rec.autos.driving

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005, Izzy wrote:

> Their daughter made a horrific error in judgement that cost her and my
> daughter their lives. Her parents (she was an only child) didn't teach
> her this, and believe me we ALL have suffered enough. I don't wish them
> ill will because of their daughter's actions, they already have a life
> sentence with that.

You're more charitable towards the driver's parents than I would be.
Old December 17th 05, 02:24 AM posted to alt.sports.football.pro.oak-raiders,rec.autos.driving

Daniel J. Stern wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Dec 2005, Izzy wrote:
>
>> Their daughter made a horrific error in judgement that cost her and my
>> daughter their lives. Her parents (she was an only child) didn't teach
>> her this, and believe me we ALL have suffered enough. I don't wish
>> them ill will because of their daughter's actions, they already have a
>> life sentence with that.

> You're more charitable towards the driver's parents than I would be.

You'll never know til you're there Daniel. If it's a need to punish,
then I can tell you there is no worse punishment than losing you child.
Everything else is just 'piling on.'

The guys around our Raiders group lived through this with our family,
they can bear witness that I have run the gamut of emotions in the last
three years. But never was it hatred for the girl who killed my
daughter, or her parents for bringing her into this world. She paid the
ultimate price for her stupid actions, not much more you can do to her.
Old December 17th 05, 03:28 AM posted to alt.sports.football.pro.oak-raiders,rec.autos.driving

"Izzy" > wrote in message

> The guys around our Raiders group lived through this with our family, they can bear
> witness that I have run the gamut of emotions in the last three years. But never
> was it hatred for the girl who killed my daughter, or her parents for bringing her
> into this world. She paid the ultimate price for her stupid actions, not much more
> you can do to her.

I can vouch for this.

Also, hating a second party for the first party's actions is rather selfish.
A parent can put all of the tools in the drawer, yet, it's the responsibility
of the young 'n' to open the drawer and use said tools. Being young is
hazardous. Do you remember when...