problem with handsfree on new Accord

Old October 17th 12, 02:19 AM posted to alt.cellular.verizon,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
AaronL

Default problem with handsfree on new Accord

Paul Miner > wrote:

JRStern >wrote:

>> I don't think I've ever seen a cell phone I thought was well
>>designed, for like human beings to talk on. Human interface design is
>>just totally a lost art.

For smartphones it's hard to make a readable screen that fits nicely
in your hand and pocket both. For regular cell phones size still
matters. Those old brick phones used to fit nicely in my hand but not
so much in my pocket...

>As I understand it, most people don't use their cell phones for voice
>conversations anymore, so the prospects for better voice access may be
>bleak.

And if driving while chatting ain't enough, some devices will now read
your texts (including acronyms) to you.
Old October 17th 12, 03:39 AM posted to alt.cellular.verizon,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
JRStern

On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 18:19:02 -0700, AaronL >
wrote:

>Paul Miner > wrote:
>
> JRStern >wrote:
>
>>> I don't think I've ever seen a cell phone I thought was well
>>>designed, for like human beings to talk on. Human interface design is
>>>just totally a lost art.

>For smartphones it's hard to make a readable screen that fits nicely
>in your hand and pocket both. For regular cell phones size still
>matters. Those old brick phones used to fit nicely in my hand but not
>so much in my pocket...

Well it's OT to get into in great depth here, but anything that starts
by holding a video screen to your ear, is pretty bent.

But even some little stuff, like button size and placement, and on my
dumb phone messages that don't pop up at just the wrong time, would be
a good start.

J.

Old October 17th 12, 10:03 PM posted to alt.cellular.verizon,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
AaronL

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" > wrote:

>In article >,
> JRStern > wrote:

>>anything that starts
>> by holding a video screen to your ear, is pretty bent.

>http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/8264/ipadx.jpg

That link's good. And those new big screen phones are not far removed
from that. I still like the smaller 3.5" screen phone I have and hope
they keep at least some of the new phones in that size. I used to
carry my Palm Pilot and mp3 player around. Now that's all in one small
package that surfs the internet and makes calls too. IMO that's
progress even if I do have to hold the screen up to my ear... 8-O
Old October 18th 12, 05:54 AM posted to alt.cellular.verizon,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
hachiroku

On Wed, 17 Oct 2012 09:44:18 -0400, Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

> In article >,
> JRStern > wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 18:19:02 -0700, AaronL >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Paul Miner > wrote:

>> >For smartphones it's hard to make a readable screen that fits nicely
>> >in your hand and pocket both. For regular cell phones size still
>> >matters. Those old brick phones used to fit nicely in my hand but not
>> >so much in my pocket...

>> Well it's OT to get into in great depth here, but anything that starts
>> by holding a video screen to your ear, is pretty bent.

> http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/8264/ipadx.jpg

<SNERK!>

96 accord a/c problem Rocky[_2_] Honda 4 August 22nd 06 11:24 AM
'92 Accord problem [email protected] Honda 4 May 10th 06 03:09 PM
93 Accord EX A/C Problem UKALUM Honda 1 March 14th 06 03:49 AM
Problem with 93 Accord chefkojak Honda 12 February 26th 06 02:19 AM
GSM mic with Nokia handsfree? Glenn Richards Audi 1 December 26th 04 12:48 PM