Britain will be first country to monitor every car journey

Old December 22nd 05, 11:00 PM posted to misc.survivalism,rec.autos.driving,alt.privacy,uk.politics.misc

Default Britain will be first country to monitor every car journey

Ian Bailey wrote:
> You tell me. Does every road in the UK have a CCTV camera on it? Does
> the majority? Sure, most towns and cities will be able to monitor a
> large number of roads - but even there I doubt they'll cover every
> possible journey.

Big fat deal. So we should accept such a gross invasion of privacy
while there aren't many cameras, when it's very clear that this
government's plan is for total surveillance of the entire population at
all times? It doesn't take long to fit cameras all around the country.

> Generate what paperwork? Speeding tickets? CCTV cameras don't have
> radar on them.....

Duh, if you pass a camera and then pass a camera a mile away in less
time than it would have taken to reach there at the speed limit, then
it's obvious you've broken the speed limit along the way.

The great thing is, you'll be guilty until proven innocent with
absolutely no way to prove that you didn't do it. The even better thing
is that there are so many cloned plates out there that you'll lose your
license because some chav has been speeding. This will be an absolute
disaster for the British economy.

And remember Ian, when a right-wing government is elected in the
future, thanks to your support for total surveillance, you'll have
nowhere to hide. If you weren't a lefty, you might be smart enough to
realise that this can and will be used against you in the future.

I'm so glad I'm emigrating: if I'm going to have to live in a police
state, I'd rather not live in one that's so depressing, expensive and
wet.

Mark