How to keep sound on when backing up.

Old May 16th 19, 02:22 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Meanie[_3_]

Default How to keep sound on when backing up.

On 5/15/2019 3:06 PM, micky wrote:

> The ones I listen to almost all the time are 80 - 90% serious talk.

Perhaps that's the reason why you're so uptight.
Old May 16th 19, 03:53 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Bob F

On 5/15/2019 11:28 AM, Rod Speed wrote:

> "micky" > wrote in message
>> In rec.autos.tech, on Tue, 14 May 2019 21:45:48 -0700, Sanity Clause
>> > wrote:

>>> I would also imagine that if the radio volume was to automatically
>>> reduce to below bleeding-ears level when backing up, the driver would
>>> most likely be able to hear little Suzie screaming "DADDY, STOP!!!!".

>> That's a good point, and if there had been any small children around in
>> the tens of 1000's of times I've backed up over the last decade, for
>> example, it would apply to me.Â* But there haven't been.

> But its not feasible for the car to work out if you ever have any
> little kids around and even if it could, doesn't cover the situation
> where someone comes to visit with a little kid with them.
>
> What would be a much better approach would be to allow the
> radio to back up over what you missed automatically like some
> TVs do. Still kill the audio when backing but continue on as if
> there had been no quiet period when not backing anymore.

And just skip the commercials to catch up.
Old May 16th 19, 06:13 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

On Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 9:54:38 PM UTC-5, Bob F wrote:
> On 5/15/2019 11:28 AM, Rod Speed wrote:
> >

> > "micky" > wrote in message
> >> In rec.autos.tech, on Tue, 14 May 2019 21:45:48 -0700, Sanity Clause

> >> That's a good point, and if there had been any small children around in
> >> the tens of 1000's of times I've backed up over the last decade, for
> >> example, it would apply to me.Â* But there haven't been.

> > But its not feasible for the car to work out if you ever have any
> > little kids around and even if it could, doesn't cover the situation
> > where someone comes to visit with a little kid with them.
> >
> > What would be a much better approach would be to allow the
> > radio to back up over what you missed automatically like some
> > TVs do. Still kill the audio when backing but continue on as if
> > there had been no quiet period when not backing anymore.

> And just skip the commercials to catch up.

Russians have dashboard cams and rear view cams in their vehicles. That is to help resolve auto 'accidents'.
Old May 16th 19, 09:37 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Tekkie®

Neill Massello posted for all of us...

> micky > wrote:
>
> > The 2019 Honda with the touchscreen that I am renting turns off the
> > radio/flashdrive/bluetooth sound whenever I back up. Is t here a way to
> > stop that.

> You are information-adicted. Seek help -- but preferably not on the
> Internet.

I doubt if Micky will see this but does your radio have a replay function on
it? Mine does.

--
Tekkie
Old May 21st 19, 06:24 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

micky wrote: "The 2019 Honda with the touchscreen that I am renting turns off the
radio/flashdrive/bluetooth sound whenever I back up. Is t here a way to
stop that. "

That, along with 'lane departure assist', etc. etc., is
one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of in a
car!

That's why my next car will be a 2015 or older
model year.
Old May 21st 19, 06:31 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

micky wrote: "Earlier, I tried to set the time..."

The newer cars rely on your PHONE for basic
settings like time, and even the music to be
played in the car. Even permission to start
the engine... !

Another reason why my next car will be a
2015 or older model.

grabbing when backing up [email protected] Technology 2 October 12th 06 01:40 AM
RFactor: F1 1979 Sound Update - No Engine Sound! BRH Simulators 4 September 7th 06 10:58 PM
Backing Up GPL to DVD BRH Simulators 4 August 15th 06 02:00 AM
Trim backing Jonny VW water cooled 0 August 6th 06 01:37 AM
01 GLX Carbio - popping sound while turning and backing after new rack, tie rods and ends cstoddard VW water cooled 2 November 5th 05 08:45 AM