SENATE VOTES "NO" on American auto loan

Old December 12th 08, 02:21 PM posted to talk.politics,rec.autos.misc
krp

Default SENATE VOTES "NO" on American auto loan

"Jack Johnson" > wrote in message
> The anti-union Republican "southern" delegation, has lead the way,
> against the $14 Billion dollar auto bridge LOAN, and has
> succeeded.......with a "no" vote tonight.
>

> General Motors has announced, tonight, on Detroit's WJR, that it is
> "considering it's options". GM has already announced that it will run
> out of money before Christmas.

Given how TOTALLY and COMPLETELY GM is screwed up it is time to allow
them to hit the dumpster! The option is to padlock the doors. So long as GM
is run by people who have NO idea why wheels are round instead of square why
would we expect that giving them $10 TRILLION would be anything but ****ing
away money for people building bad cars that people don't want? Does it make
ANY SENSE why GM builds 4 cars that but for a few cosmetics are the SAME
CAR? Just hang a different grille and nameplate on it? Why set up an
operation where you MUST sell 1 MILLION cars of a particular model to be
profitable? Why not be satisfied with a smaller operation that's
profitable? Why is it a BAD thing to make 150,000 cars of a model and have a
demand for 300,000? When demand is not a constant, it is easier and cheaper
to build UP than it is to build down.

GM has earned going bankrupt and OUT OF BUSINESS. You only need to study
GM's arrogant history and bullying behavior to take some solace at seeing
them fall. It was almost ENTIRELY GM that fought to get street cars and
electric trolley buses OFF the streets of America and BLOCK development of
the vehicles and to OPPOSE light rail even till today. GM also fought
against the concept of the electric car for most of the 20th century. In sum
total, GM's KARMA has come home to roost. They have been a corporate bully
throughout the 20th century. Ask the people who are still alive that were
with independent manufacturers like Studebaker, Hudson, Nash, Packard,
Kaiser, Tucker, Willys etc the steps GM took to insure those companies
failed. Games with suppliers etc.

Oh I am all for leaving GM to twist in the wind. Maybe some NEW
companies will start that won't be as FAT and arrogant and the American
people can have some really decent cars. You know, the American cars (no
thanks to GM) were considered the finest in the world right up to WW-2. Cars
like Cord, Duesenberg and so many others. Competitors that GM helped destroy
using tactics that would make the MAFIA blush with envy.

Old December 22nd 08, 02:36 AM posted to talk.politics,rec.autos.misc
man of machines

look around your house and at least 50 percent of whats in your has had ties to
gm in some sort of fashion shape or form, electronics like tv's, satalite's,
computers,or the processes used to make steel applances to how paint is
applied on your walls
look at the big picture dumbass a strong free country is a employed country

Old December 22nd 08, 11:32 AM posted to talk.politics,rec.autos.misc
krp

"man of machines" > wrote in message

> look around your house and at least 50 percent of whats in your has had
> ties to
> gm in some sort of fashion shape or form, electronics like tv's,
> satalite's,
> computers,or the processes used to make steel applances to how paint is
> applied on your walls
> look at the big picture dumbass a strong free country is a employed
> country

TV's? The ones that are NO LONGER built in North America? Computers -
ditto? Did you know that 100% of the microwave ovens are built in China and
NOT BY GM? GM hasn't owned the Frigidaire brand in almost 35 years. GM had
NOTHING to do with the computer.

What did GM actually DO? GM was largely behind destroying public
transportation in America so it could sell cars. GM waged WAR on passenger
rail service that kept it non-competitive with air travel. Even today GM
spends MILLIONS every year fighting AGAINST light rail and other aspects of
public transportation. GM got WAY too large and got away with way too much
anti-competitive bull**** that helped demise the "Independent" car makers.
How? By controlling the price of steel and other raw materials. Making SURE
that companies like Kaiser, Studebaker, Nash etc had to pay THREE TIMES what
GM did for a ton of steel. Tying up tire manufacturers. So the independents
had to pay twice what GM did for tires. Little games like that.

No - GM needs to GO! They have built **** for decades. Today some of
their cars are only marginally okay. GM has fought against the development
of the electric car all along.GM has been a badly managed, BLOATED bag of
bull**** for a very long time. Corporate bullies. A symbol of everything
that can go wrong in capitalism. When companies are allowed to get too large
and run by BEAN COUNTERS.

Old December 22nd 08, 05:11 PM posted to talk.politics,rec.autos.misc
John Smith[_10_]

" krp" > wrote in message
news

> "man of machines" > wrote in message
>
>> look around your house and at least 50 percent of whats in your has had
>> ties to
>> gm in some sort of fashion shape or form, electronics like tv's,
>> satalite's,
>> computers,or the processes used to make steel applances to how paint is
>> applied on your walls
>> look at the big picture dumbass a strong free country is a employed
>> country

> TV's? The ones that are NO LONGER built in North America? Computers -
> ditto? Did you know that 100% of the microwave ovens are built in China
> and NOT BY GM? GM hasn't owned the Frigidaire brand in almost 35 years.
> GM had NOTHING to do with the computer.
>
> What did GM actually DO? GM was largely behind destroying public
> transportation in America so it could sell cars. GM waged WAR on passenger
> rail service that kept it non-competitive with air travel. Even today GM
> spends MILLIONS every year fighting AGAINST light rail and other aspects
> of public transportation. GM got WAY too large and got away with way too
> much anti-competitive bull**** that helped demise the "Independent" car
> makers. How? By controlling the price of steel and other raw materials.
> Making SURE that companies like Kaiser, Studebaker, Nash etc had to pay
> THREE TIMES what GM did for a ton of steel. Tying up tire manufacturers.
> So the independents had to pay twice what GM did for tires. Little games
> like that.
>
> No - GM needs to GO! They have built **** for decades. Today some of
> their cars are only marginally okay. GM has fought against the development
> of the electric car all along.GM has been a badly managed, BLOATED bag of
> bull**** for a very long time. Corporate bullies. A symbol of everything
> that can go wrong in capitalism. When companies are allowed to get too
> large and run by BEAN COUNTERS.

???
So you're against powerful corporation who have too much - and too much
control.
Does that mean you are for sharing the wealth too?

Old December 23rd 08, 02:49 AM posted to talk.politics,rec.autos.misc
krp

"John Smith" > wrote in message
news
>>> look around your house and at least 50 percent of whats in your has had
>>> ties to
>>> gm in some sort of fashion shape or form, electronics like tv's,
>>> satalite's,
>>> computers,or the processes used to make steel applances to how paint
>>> is applied on your walls
>>> look at the big picture dumbass a strong free country is a employed
>>> country

>> TV's? The ones that are NO LONGER built in North America? Computers -
>> ditto? Did you know that 100% of the microwave ovens are built in China
>> and NOT BY GM? GM hasn't owned the Frigidaire brand in almost 35 years.
>> GM had NOTHING to do with the computer.
>>
>> What did GM actually DO? GM was largely behind destroying public
>> transportation in America so it could sell cars. GM waged WAR on
>> passenger rail service that kept it non-competitive with air travel. Even
>> today GM spends MILLIONS every year fighting AGAINST light rail and other
>> aspects of public transportation. GM got WAY too large and got away with
>> way too much anti-competitive bull**** that helped demise the
>> "Independent" car makers. How? By controlling the price of steel and
>> other raw materials. Making SURE that companies like Kaiser, Studebaker,
>> Nash etc had to pay THREE TIMES what GM did for a ton of steel. Tying up
>> tire manufacturers. So the independents had to pay twice what GM did for
>> tires. Little games like that.
>>
>> No - GM needs to GO! They have built **** for decades. Today some of
>> their cars are only marginally okay. GM has fought against the
>> development of the electric car all along.GM has been a badly managed,
>> BLOATED bag of bull**** for a very long time. Corporate bullies. A symbol
>> of everything that can go wrong in capitalism. When companies are allowed
>> to get too large and run by BEAN COUNTERS.

> ???
> So you're against powerful corporation who have too much - and too much
> control.
> Does that mean you are for sharing the wealth too?

No John- it means I am against MONOPOLIES whether they are bloated
corporations like GM or bloated Unions that no longer serve the members. I
am ANTI TRUST.

Old December 23rd 08, 05:08 PM posted to talk.politics,rec.autos.misc
John Smith[_10_]

" krp" > wrote in message

> "John Smith" > wrote in message
> news >
>>>
>>> TV's? The ones that are NO LONGER built in North America? Computers -
>>> ditto? Did you know that 100% of the microwave ovens are built in China
>>> and NOT BY GM? GM hasn't owned the Frigidaire brand in almost 35 years.
>>> GM had NOTHING to do with the computer.
>>>
>>> What did GM actually DO? GM was largely behind destroying public
>>> transportation in America so it could sell cars. GM waged WAR on
>>> passenger rail service that kept it non-competitive with air travel.
>>> Even today GM spends MILLIONS every year fighting AGAINST light rail and
>>> other aspects of public transportation. GM got WAY too large and got
>>> away with way too much anti-competitive bull**** that helped demise the
>>> "Independent" car makers. How? By controlling the price of steel and
>>> other raw materials. Making SURE that companies like Kaiser, Studebaker,
>>> Nash etc had to pay THREE TIMES what GM did for a ton of steel. Tying up
>>> tire manufacturers. So the independents had to pay twice what GM did for
>>> tires. Little games like that.
>>>
>>> No - GM needs to GO! They have built **** for decades. Today some of
>>> their cars are only marginally okay. GM has fought against the
>>> development of the electric car all along.GM has been a badly managed,
>>> BLOATED bag of bull**** for a very long time. Corporate bullies. A
>>> symbol of everything that can go wrong in capitalism. When companies are
>>> allowed to get too large and run by BEAN COUNTERS.

>> ???
>> So you're against powerful corporation who have too much - and too much
>> control.
>> Does that mean you are for sharing the wealth too?

> No John- it means I am against MONOPOLIES whether they are bloated
> corporations like GM or bloated Unions that no longer serve the members. I
> am ANTI TRUST.

(pssst .... GM doesn't have a monopoly ..... )

Old December 24th 08, 12:50 PM posted to talk.politics,rec.autos.misc
krp

"John Smith" > wrote in message

>>> ???
>>> So you're against powerful corporation who have too much - and too much
>>> control.
>>> Does that mean you are for sharing the wealth too?

>> No John- it means I am against MONOPOLIES whether they are bloated
>> corporations like GM or bloated Unions that no longer serve the members.
>> I am ANTI TRUST.

> (pssst .... GM doesn't have a monopoly ..... )

Psssssssttt. NOT ANY MORE. Effectively in the 1950's GM - DID, in fact,
enjoy a monopoly with 78% of the market.GM waged WAR on the independent
manufactures and by the 1960's all but one was gone, that finally
disappeared by the end of the 70's. GM waged WAR on public transportation,
first on streetcars and trolley buses, and then on buses themselves. Not to
mention passenger rail. GM also blocked ALL attempts at alternative types of
propulsion systems, specifically the eclectic car.GM is STILL at total war
blocking it in every way they can. Buying battery technologies that show
promise and then BURYING the products. GM is the MOST anti-competitive
company in world history. Not even the Japanese can compete.