Sudden drop in 2001 PT mpg ???

Old July 7th 06, 03:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
tomkanpa

Default Sudden drop in 2001 PT mpg ???

I was getting 15-16 mpg in my 2001 Cruiser. Had new spark plugs
installed about 1000 miles ago.
Air filter is clean. All of a sudden I'm getting 12-13 mpg! Any
suggestions on what to replace/change/look at? The vehicle has 39,000
miles on it.

Old July 7th 06, 05:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Try reseting the computer by disconnecting the battery for a few
minutes.

My 2003 PT GT gets averages 19 MPG, and I have bad driving habits (rush
hour traffic, jack rabbit starts, speeding, etc.).

Let me know if that helps.

Joe

Old July 7th 06, 05:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
BudE

I've got a 2001 Limited and I average right at 24 mpg. No trip over 30
miles.

Bud
oups.com...

Old July 7th 06, 05:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Richard

"tomkanpa" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I was getting 15-16 mpg in my 2001 Cruiser. Had new spark plugs
> installed about 1000 miles ago.
> Air filter is clean. All of a sudden I'm getting 12-13 mpg! Any
> suggestions on what to replace/change/look at? The vehicle has 39,000
> miles on it.

With my 01 Limited automatic I get about 18 mpg on average, 24 at best on
long trips.

Did you install dual plat Champion plugs and new wires? If not you likely
need at least new ignition wires at this point. MOPAR has a performance set
I use and recommend.

It is possible your O2 sensor is bad. This can be best checked out at a
dealer who will hook it up to their computer. The only other thing I can
think of is a restricted exhaust system. Let us know what you find. Also, if
you go to a dealer, make sure your PT's computer has the most recent flash
of the computer code updates.

Richard.

Old July 8th 06, 03:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
sqdancerLynn[_1_]

WHAT kind of spark plugs did you install???
ONLY use the factorry recomended part. IF you installed
splitfire/platium/tripple spark garbage
that could be your trouble !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Problem With Power Outlet Neil Dodge 5 March 27th 06 07:38 PM
sudden gas mileage drop KLS Audi 6 February 11th 06 12:42 AM
Sudden drop of RPM while idling Bmrdude BMW 5 December 18th 05 05:13 PM
sudden drop in gas mileage in 2000 BMW 323i nkveni BMW 16 October 25th 04 06:46 AM
Sudden Drop in Gas Mileage Scott W. Petersen Saturn 1 July 20th 04 03:03 PM