replacing motor mounts on a '01 accord

Old September 1st 08, 09:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
caliaccord

Default replacing motor mounts on a '01 accord

Hi all, I have a '01 accord v6 with 92k and I took it into the dealer to
get my tranny checked out. They told me they couldn't fully diagnose
because my side and rear motor mounts were cracked so they couldn't get
into the tranny. Is this true that they can't get into the tranny? They
wanted $800 to replace the mounts, is this a fair price to pay? How
important is it to replace the cracked motor mounts?

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/....makers.honda/
More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html

Old September 2nd 08, 12:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Woody[_1_]

Find an independent mechanic and have him check it out. The dealer price is
always way above reasonable level. You can also get the Honda parts from one
of the dealers that sell on line. Google search or look at the forum at
www.odyclub.com for mention of the url's

lkaboutautos.com...

Old September 7th 08, 06:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

In what way couldn't they get into the tranny? A rear mounts on the
V6 costs $96.33+S&H on Majestic, and your dealer will want more. But
$800 sounds excessive (> $650 labor even at $150 a mount). Get a
second opinion.

RUBBER ASSY., RR. ENGINE MOUNTING (ECM) 137.62 96.33

On Sep 1, 1:52*am, "caliaccord" > wrote:
> Hi all, I have a '01 accord v6 with 92k and I took it into the dealer to
> get my tranny checked out. They told me they couldn't fully diagnose
> because my side and rear motor mounts were cracked so they couldn't get
> into the tranny. Is this true that they can't get into the tranny? They
> wanted $800 to replace the mounts, is this a fair price to pay? How
> important is it to replace the cracked motor mounts?
>
> --
> Message posted usinghttp://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/rec.autos.makers.honda/
> More information athttp://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html

replacing engine mounts in 84 diesel rabbit ? Reid Fleming[_2_] VW water cooled 3 August 4th 08 01:05 AM
Replacing engine mounts 96 Chevy Blazer thegremlin Technology 2 December 1st 06 12:22 AM
Motor mounts? Lucifer VW water cooled 2 May 4th 05 02:18 PM
Motor Mounts Eric Jeep 2 December 16th 04 06:21 PM
Advice needed replacing A3 brakerotors and strut mounts. [email protected] VW water cooled 5 October 22nd 04 05:14 PM