Copy of email to [email protected]

Old March 4th 05, 11:58 AM
Bob Mc

"Michael Rodgers" > wrote in message
> "Krustov" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > I've heard it said if you go into bmw dealership wearing jeans and a
> > tee shirt they totally ignore you and wont even speak to you .
> >
> > Must get around to actually trying it sometime :-)

> We did that. They could not have been more helpful if they tried. Test
> drives of anything we wanted, unaccompanied, etc.

I once spent a happy afternoon with the swiss Ferrari importer (himself)
test driving Ferraris, Lambos and Aston Martins.
His only comment was: "I've got 5 children at home"
I wonder what he meant?

[1] in a twisty downhill section.
--
Bob Mc:
Suzi Sausage[1] (almost a cruiser?), UKRMMA#24, BoB#21

Old March 4th 05, 11:58 AM
Dave Budd

In article >, fox@network-
southeast.co.uk says...
> "Krustov" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > I've heard it said if you go into bmw dealership wearing jeans and a
> > tee shirt they totally ignore you and wont even speak to you .
> >
> > Must get around to actually trying it sometime :-)

> We did that. They could not have been more helpful if they tried. Test
> drives of anything we wanted, unaccompanied, etc.

If a guy goes in tatty, they ignore.
If a couple go in, they're all over you.
IME
--
UN-altered REPRODUCTION and DISSEMINATION of this IMPORTANT
information is ENCOURAGED.
Old March 4th 05, 12:23 PM
Steve Walker

In message >, Bob Mc
> writes

>I once spent a happy afternoon with the swiss Ferrari importer

Did he mention fine wines and Belgian chocolates?

--
Steve Walker
Old March 4th 05, 12:42 PM
Willy Eckerslyke

Bob Mc wrote:

> I once spent a happy afternoon with the swiss Ferrari importer

Blimey. Polish Fiats, Iranian Hillmans and now this. Before we know it,
we'll have German Bentleys and Merkin Mercs.
Old March 4th 05, 01:48 PM
Grunff

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

> I'm personally surprised that BMW(GB) don't read this group and others -
> and take note. Because no one on here - or elsewhere - has a good word for
> them.

I have a good word. Their parts departments are always polite and
helpful, and parts prices are very good. Obviously I buy most parts from
motor factors or G&S, but things like plastic mouldings etc I get from a
main dealer.

--
Grunff
Old March 4th 05, 02:52 PM
Neil

"Dave Budd" > wrote in message
k...
> If a guy goes in tatty, they ignore.
> If a couple go in, they're all over you.
> IME
> --

I went into the BMW dealer in Arlington, VA with the missues to ask about
the original classic Mini Coopers they import, and the sales guys didn't
even bother to get out of their seats. What pi$$ed me off most was the fact
they were both limeys like me.

My father and I went into Sytners in Nottingham back in the late 80s and
were similarly ignored. I don't know which is worse, being harrassed when
you're just looking (Japanese dealers) or totally ignored. IMO dealers are
a necessary evil unfortunately.

Old March 4th 05, 02:56 PM
Neil

"John Redman" om> wrote in
message ...

> "Julian Edge" > wrote
>
> > In April 2001, I purchased an 'Approved' 318i from a dealership near

High
> > Wycombe.

> Well, it's a volume car, isn't it? ISTR that BMW make more 3 series than
> Ford make Mondeos. You wouldn't expect a 9-year-old Mondeo to last 9

years,
> and nor can you really expect a BMW to do so. If a Mondeo cost what a
> 3-series BM costs, would you automatically expect it to last longer? Just
> because they are hyped and overpriced to fund all the advertising, that
> doesn't mean the cars are actually any good. You only have to look at a

lot
> of the people who drive them to see they are not marketed at the

discerning.

Perhaps you should subscribe -- for kicks -- to alt.autos.bmw and read some
of the threads where happy owners report such things as 300,00+km on the
original clutch. Doesn't sound to me like you really know much about BMs?
Just MHO.

Old March 4th 05, 03:05 PM
Screamingwitch©®²°°¾

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 21:45:24 -0000, "Julian Edge"
cacked this ****in treat out!
>"Screamingwitch©®²°°¾" > wrote in
>message
>
>Hiya gorgeous!
>
>> mejulies out!

>Strictly a 'one-off', mate.

send us an email ya slag!

-

SCREAMINGWITCH!

SHEFFIELD FORUM UNMODERATED
http://freeuktalksheffield.hyperboards.com/

http://www.geocities.com/screamingwitch2000/FUKTS.html

When you post peoples personal info, It's show that you have nothing
left and have been spanked real good. To bad you fell for that phony #
and addy.=(PMD.alt.talk.******** PI revealer)

This is what happened. I was riding home on my mule holding my rooster
and hen. My mule stopped on me. Now my mule won't move until I scratch
him behind the ears. Well the pastor's wife was walking by. I only
said "Pardon me Mrs. Hillbunker but would you hold my cock and pullet
while I scratch my ass", and the next thing I know is that the police have
me on the ground, handcuffed, and beating me with billy clubs.

Tavish

"You have a woman's hand, milord! I'll wager these dainty
pinkies never weighed anchor in a storm."
"Your skin milord. I'll wager it ne'er felt the lash
of a cat ['o' nine tails], been rubbed with salt, and
then flayed off by a pirate chief to make fine
stockings for his best cabin boy."
"Ha. -Aah! You have a woman's purse! I'll wager that
purse has never been used
as a rowing-boat. I'll wager it's never had sixteen
shipwrecked mariners tossing in it."
"Oh! You have a woman's mouth, milord! I'll wager that
mouth never had to chew through the side of a
ship to escape the dreadful spindly killer fish. "
- Mad Captain Rum

PROMOTE YOOSNET.....X-POST!

Look into my eyes and it's easy to see
One and one make two, two and one make three,
It was destiny.
Once every hundred-thousand years or so,
When the sun doth shine and the moon doth glow
And the grass doth grow...
Needless to say, the beast was stunned.
Whip-crack went his schwumpy tail,
And the beast was done.
He asked us: "(snort) Be you angels?"
And we said, "Nay. We are but men."
Rock!

alt.pmd.spank.my.arse.please
alt.pmd.spank.my.big.arse.please
alt.pmd.spank.my.big.red.arse.please
alt.pmd.biggest.spanked.looser.on.usenet
SUBSCRIBE!

Breaker, breaker, lookout, watch your back
Be afraid there's a Frisbee-like cat who's a mighty
sharp blade.
So the feared and revered reputation was made of..... Sailcat

"You're a very empty person.
If I were of a superstitious bent,
I would seriously pray for you.
Being of a more rational mien,
I realise you are simply irredeemable.
Whoever turned you into the person you are
has a lot to answer for, one way
or another."---JAF:uk.misc

i change my sig everree now and then.its no big deal...
like an insect that needs attention with a can of aerosol and a lighter,,
they are both short lived

"No one takes any notice of trolls posting through alt.net.news or whatever
anonymous server you idiots use." -- Mike Clayton

mhm35x29
OFM#20

Frater V.V.L
Hierophant
Temple of Anubis No.2
Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn
Rosicrucian Order of Alpha et Omega.
PMD: is a rancid, deviant, corpse-popping mucus goblin
PMD: is a pungent, runny, cornhole-fixated crotch Jedi
PMD: is a cocksucking, cancerous, colon-pulling pickle champion
PMD: is a crummy, insane, mucus-abusing fudge champion
PMD: is a semi-retarded, foul-smelling, cow-****ting dog merchant
PMD: is a foul, monstrous, cornhole-absorbing corpse yanker
PMD: is a filthy, putrid, butt-humping crap champion
PMD: is a idiotic, moronic, whore-drinking fudge merchant
PMD: is a ignorant, aromatic, diarrhea-yanking asshole excavator

def leppard....that is all
Old March 4th 05, 05:58 PM
Mike G

"John Redman" om> wrote in
message ...

> "Julian Edge" > wrote
>
> > In April 2001, I purchased an 'Approved' 318i from a dealership near

High
> > Wycombe.

> Well, it's a volume car, isn't it? ISTR that BMW make more 3 series than
> Ford make Mondeos. You wouldn't expect a 9-year-old Mondeo to last 9

years,
> and nor can you really expect a BMW to do so. If a Mondeo cost what a
> 3-series BM costs, would you automatically expect it to last longer? Just
> because they are hyped and overpriced to fund all the advertising, that
> doesn't mean the cars are actually any good. You only have to look at a

lot
> of the people who drive them to see they are not marketed at the

discerning.

I dunno.
You could say those who prefer a car with the driving wheels at the right
end are discerning.
Having owned or driven many FWD cars, I still prefer RWD.
Within my budget, choice is limited.
Of the few RWD cars under 10 years old that are available, I think the BM is
the best of the few, which is why I baught a 525i SE E34.
Nothing to do with image, or having a 'prestige?' car.
Mike.