Tire Pressure.

Old December 31st 04, 10:32 PM

Default Tire Pressure.

What should be the ideal tire air pressure on a 1998 honda accord.
Ritesh

Old December 31st 04, 10:33 PM
Steve Bigelow

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> What should be the ideal tire air pressure on a 1998 honda accord.
> Ritesh

Ideal for what purpose?

Old December 31st 04, 10:51 PM

For normal driving... home->office and back..

ritesh

Old December 31st 04, 11:02 PM
Steve Bigelow

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> For normal driving... home->office and back..

RTM.

Old January 1st 05, 12:05 AM
Seth

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> What should be the ideal tire air pressure on a 1998 honda accord.

What does it say on the sticker inside the drivers side door?

Old January 1st 05, 01:23 AM
Lee Florack

On 31 Dec 2004 23:26:11 GMT, hank r > wrote:

wrote in
roups.com:

>> For normal driving... home->office and back..

>RTT
>
>(Read The Tire)

That would be the wrong place to look. The tire only shows the
MAXIMUM allowable pressure and not the safe, appropriate and
normal pressure for the tire.
Old January 1st 05, 07:23 PM
Woody

The ideal pressure is on a sticker on your drivers side door. This is
developed by the engineers from all the design characteristics and handling
characteristics of your car.

oups.com...

Old January 1st 05, 08:44 PM
motsco_ _

Woody wrote:
> The ideal pressure is on a sticker on your drivers side door. This is
> developed by the engineers from all the design characteristics and handling
> characteristics of your car.

==================

....Bearing in mind that it's a COLD pressure, so if you drive five miles
(on a warm day) to the gas station, you may have to inflate to a value
about 6 psi HIGHER. It's explained in the Owner's manual.

In Alberta, at this time of the year, almost every pressure measured is
a COLD pressure :-)

'Curly'

Old January 1st 05, 08:54 PM

Woody > wrote:
> The ideal pressure is on a sticker on your drivers side door. This is
> developed by the engineers from all the design characteristics and handling
> characteristics of your car.

And some of those design characteristics are undesireable.
The Toyota Prius and Honda Civic Hybrid both have door stickers asking for
30psi on tires rated at 44psi max.
That makes for a nice, quiet, cushy ride with awful handling.

My neighbor kept his Prius at 30psi and wore out his first set of tires at
8000 miles. I adjusted mine to 35, 40, 44, and decided that 35 was the
pressure that I wanted, based on ride harshness, handling, and road noise.
At 39,000 miles I replace my original Bridgestones with Coopers and set the
pressure to 38psi.

--
---