How much would a '78 Cabriolet be worth?

Old October 26th 11, 04:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Mr. K[_2_]

Default How much would a '78 Cabriolet be worth?

for parts? rusted out on the bottom otherwise complete & original.
a Super beetle
--
Karma, What a concept!
Old October 26th 11, 10:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

On Oct 25, 11:42*pm, "Mr. K" > wrote:
> for parts? *rusted out on the bottom otherwise complete & original.
> a Super beetle
> --
> Karma, What a concept!

That would depend on what parts were still useable. things like
doors,engine if stil FI interior and top frame would be the more
valueable parts.
Old October 26th 11, 05:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Mr. K[_2_]

In article
" > wrote:

> On Oct 25, 11:42*pm, "Mr. K" > wrote:
> > for parts? *rusted out on the bottom otherwise complete & original.
> > a Super beetle
> > --
> > Karma, What a concept!

> That would depend on what parts were still useable. things like
> doors,engine if stil FI interior and top frame would be the more
> valueable parts.

I was thinking the manual trans set-up would be great for someone
dumping the "auto" trans. I wonder if the shifting rod is different.
and of course is there a clutch cable tube in the tunnel of the
recipient? then maybe a hydraulic clutch slave is a good idea?
just brain storming this.
it is still FI, but I wonder how much of a conversion back to a carb is?
are the heads different?
thanks for your time.
Karma, What a concept!
Old October 27th 11, 03:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John[_28_]

I ratted around a few years ago wondering how to put a hydraulic clutch in
to replace the cable. Trouble I found was that all the clutch slave
cylinders I found "pushed" the rod whereas the VW cable "pulls" the clutch
lever. That,d put the cylinder in the engine bay. Or some other linkage.
Got distracted after that!.
John

Old October 27th 11, 02:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Mr. K[_2_]

In article >,
"John" > wrote:

> I ratted around a few years ago wondering how to put a hydraulic clutch in
> to replace the cable. Trouble I found was that all the clutch slave
> cylinders I found "pushed" the rod whereas the VW cable "pulls" the clutch
> lever. That,d put the cylinder in the engine bay. Or some other linkage.
> Got distracted after that!.
> John

what do the dune buggy people do ? and gawd, I've seen mid engine VW's
with a cable shifter all backwards.
human engine-new-ity?
--
Karma, What a concept!
Old October 28th 11, 07:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
DogDiesel

"Mr. K" > wrote in message
> for parts? rusted out on the bottom otherwise complete & original.
> a Super beetle
> --
> Karma, What a concept!

Whatever you can get for it.

Old October 28th 11, 03:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Mr. K[_2_]

In article >,
"DogDiesel" > wrote:

> "Mr. K" > wrote in message
> > for parts? rusted out on the bottom otherwise complete & original.
> > a Super beetle
> > --
> > Karma, What a concept!

> Whatever you can get for it.

I was thinking of buying it. but then I looked at it. I told them I
would "take it off their hands" for Free!
they haven't got back to me, Yet.
if it happens... anybody want some parts? N.CA.
--
Karma, What a concept!
Old October 30th 11, 04:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
DogDiesel

"Mr. K" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "DogDiesel" > wrote:
>
>> "Mr. K" > wrote in message
>> > for parts? rusted out on the bottom otherwise complete & original.
>> > a Super beetle
>> > --
>> > Karma, What a concept!

>> Whatever you can get for it.

> I was thinking of buying it. but then I looked at it. I told them I
> would "take it off their hands" for Free!
> they haven't got back to me, Yet.
> if it happens... anybody want some parts? N.CA.
> --
> Karma, What a concept!

There was a guy who posted on craigslist for a free VW for him and his
daughter to work on.

He said somebody gave him one.

I was going to offer him some of my stash parts,

But we had some words....

Nevertheless I think he got a free beater to work on.

Old November 1st 11, 11:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jerry Ohio-2

I see a Trike project comming !
I have 75 Rupp with a 68-1500 single port. It's a blast to drive !!!

Jerry

http://community.webtv.net/Jerryohio-2/DecoratedTree
http://community.webtv.net/Jerryohio-2/CountyFair

Old November 11th 11, 06:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
bondo_sucks

On Oct 25, 7:42*pm, "Mr. K" > wrote:
> for parts? *rusted out on the bottom otherwise complete & original.
> a Super beetle
> --
> Karma, What a concept!

Depends if kafertoys ever had his hands on it... that right there
would diminish the value greatly.

Is it worth it? Steve B Driving 5 January 3rd 07 06:04 AM
Extended Warrenty is it worth it , have you gotten your moneys worth out of it ? Frank Boettcher Chrysler 11 August 19th 05 11:30 AM
Extended Warrenty is it worth it , have you gotten your moneys worth out of it ? Ted Mittelstaedt Chrysler 6 August 16th 05 05:20 PM
Extended Warrenty is it worth it , have you gotten your moneys worth out of it ? Ted Mittelstaedt General 6 August 16th 05 05:20 PM
Extended Warrenty is it worth it , have you gotten your moneys worth out of it ? Ted Mittelstaedt Technology 6 August 16th 05 05:20 PM