We Needed A Big Gas Tax

Old September 9th 05, 10:15 PM
Michael Johnson, PE

I'll stop the tennis match soon. I still have a couple of posts left in
me. I actually made some progress by getting him to admit Bush and
Saddam are not equal.

Old September 10th 05, 03:51 AM
Joe

Yah, Saddam has a mustache.

"Michael Johnson, PE" > wrote in
:

Old September 10th 05, 02:04 PM
Hank

Michael Johnson, PE wrote:
> Hank wrote:

>> You mean you swallowed all of bu$h's moronic and blatant lies, and
>> supported the mass murder of tens of thousands of innocent Iraqi
>> civilians, killing or severely injuring over ten thousand U.S.
>> soldiers, wasting hundreds of BILLIONS of desperately needed
>> tax payer dollars, violating international law, committing war crimes,
>> alienating our best allies, and sacrificing the global respect and
>> credibility of The United States of America.

> What about Saddam mass murdering hundreds of thousands if not
> millions?

You seem to be pulling random numbers out of your ass
again, but as I said previously, the fact that the
Reagan/bu$h regime gave their good friend and ally Saddam,
their unconditional support, billions of U.S. taxpayer
dollars, sold him WMD technology, and obstructed all efforts
to condemn his atrocities, is a shameful chapter of our
history.

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Ir...n_History.html

"* In 1988 it became known that Saddam Hussein had used his chemical
weapons against Iraqi Kurds in the town of Halabja. In response, a
number of senators, including Al Gore (D-Tenn.), introduced the
"Prevention of Genocide Act of 1988," which sought to impose sanctions
against Iraq. The act passed the Senate unanimously, but the Reagan
White House killed the bill in the House."

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Iraq/Iraq_page.html

>>> I don't consider President Bush a war criminal as do the overwhelming
>>> majority of Americans.

>> I doubt the overwhelming majority of people consider
>> bu$h a war criminal, as their very poorly informed. But certainly the
>> vast majority of well informed people do, because he is. Torture is a
>> war crime, and bu$h presided over torture. Those are indesputable
>> facts with both written and photographic proof.

> So you think we have a country full of idiots?

You're doing little to dispel the impression that
this applies to at least a minortiy of them. <g>
Do you agree that torture is a war crime, and that
bu$h presided over torture of POWs? You're still
cowering and hiding from the truth and facts, Mikey....

>> I know that the radical right wing extremists who still
>> support bu$h's illegal, immoral, and globally condemned
>> terror attack on Iraq are in the minority - but it sure
>> took 'em long enough to pull their heads out of bu$h's anus
>> and see the truth. It's long past time you pulled your head out
>> there, too.

> I breath fresh air at all times, Hanky.

You just "think" the air in bu$h bowels is fresh
because you're been severely brainwashed, and you've
been sucking it in for long.

>>> The sad fact that you equate our President with Saddam
>>> just shows

>> They're not equal, but they've both murdered tens of
>> thousands of innocent Iraqi civilians, they've both
>> presided over torture and committed war crimes, they're
>> both obsessed with using Iraq's vast oil reserves to acquire
>> huge sums of wealth for themselves and their criminal cronies,
>> and of course, Saddam had the unconditional support of many
>> members of the bu$h regime while he was committing his worst
>> atrocities. While not equal, they certainly have much in common.

> Wow, you admit they are not equal.

Of course. No two people are the same, and it was
very silly for you to imply that they are. It's refreshing
to see you accept the fact that your mentors, bu$h and
Hussein, are very similar in mentality, behavior, and
values, though.

>> It's only needs a yes or no answer. Here, try again.
>> I made the question even shorter.
>> "Are you able to comprehend that 51% of the =voters= is not 51% of
>> the =population=?"

> Are you able to comprehend that what counts in this country is
> who wins elections?

It's a yes or no question, Mikey. Here, try again. "Are you
able to comprehend that 51% of the =voters= is not 51% of
the =population=?"

> Besides, just because you think the President doesn't have
> support doesn't make it true.

Polls and reality make it true. Face the truth, Mikey.
You're a radical right wing extremist, and you're in the
minority.

>> If it wasn't the truth, you wouldn't be so desperately avoiding it,
>> or be so laughably incapable of pointing out =anything= misleading or
>> inaccurate in my posts or references. Your whining and crying about
>> the messenger carries no weight, but your desperate avoidance of the
>> facts certainly does...

> All it takes is me to not read it for you to believe it's true?

You read it, and replied, but you clearly unable to refute
a word. If it wasn't the truth, you'd be able to refute
it. Since you can't, you choose to bitch, whine, and spew
juvenile, frustrated rants. I've seen it many times before.
It's both amusing and pathetic at the same time - like a
dog barking at it's shadow....

-

Ever wonder who benefits from the 150 MILLION
U.S. taxpayer dollars spent each DAY in Iraq?
http://www.corpwatch.org/article.php?list=type&type=21

http://www.commondreams.org/
http://www.truthout.org/
http://www.prohibitioncosts.org/
http://thirdworldtraveler.com/
http://counterpunch.org/
http://responsiblewealth.org/

"They are waging a campaign of murder and destruction. And
there is no limit to the innocent lives they are willing to
take... men with blind hatred and armed with lethal weapons
who are capable of any atrocity... they respect no laws of
warfare or morality."
-bu$h describing his own illegal invasion of Iraq.
http://www.robert-fisk.com/iraqwarvictims_mar2003.htm

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things
that matter." -- Martin Luther King Jr.

"God told me to strike at al Qaeda and I struck them. And then
he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did."
-- George W. Bush

"Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the
will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the
Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."
-- Adolf Hitler

or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is
not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable
to the American public."
-- Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

Don't let bu$h do to the United States what his very close
friend and top campaign contributor, Ken Lay, did to Enron...
Old September 10th 05, 02:05 PM
Hank

Brent P wrote:

> I'm done.

You were been done from the beginning. You attempted to
defend the indefensible.

-

Old September 10th 05, 03:55 PM
Michael Johnson, PE

Hank wrote:
> Michael Johnson, PE wrote:
>
>>Hank wrote:

>>> You mean you swallowed all of bu$h's moronic and blatant lies, and
>>>supported the mass murder of tens of thousands of innocent Iraqi
>>>civilians, killing or severely injuring over ten thousand U.S.
>>>soldiers, wasting hundreds of BILLIONS of desperately needed
>>>tax payer dollars, violating international law, committing war crimes,
>>>alienating our best allies, and sacrificing the global respect and
>>>credibility of The United States of America.

>>What about Saddam mass murdering hundreds of thousands if not
>>millions?

> You seem to be pulling random numbers out of your ass
> again, but as I said previously, the fact that the
> Reagan/bu$h regime gave their good friend and ally Saddam,
> their unconditional support, billions of U.S. taxpayer
> dollars, sold him WMD technology, and obstructed all efforts
> to condemn his atrocities, is a shameful chapter of our
> history.

I'm pulling numbers out of my ass?!?! These web site you reference are
doing the same then. You think just because it is posted on the web it
must be true? Evidently so. Remember, the enemy of my enemy is my
friend. We wouldn't have been put in this situation had President
Carter not let the Shah of Iran fall. Regan, Bush Sr. and every
president since then have been trying to contain the mess that Carter
left them. The destabilization of the region started with that blunder
by Carter. It gave us the worlds largest terrorist state. Let me
guess, you probably think the USA is the worlds largest terrorist state.

> http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Ir...n_History.html
>
> "* In 1988 it became known that Saddam Hussein had used his chemical
> weapons against Iraqi Kurds in the town of Halabja. In response, a
> number of senators, including Al Gore (D-Tenn.), introduced the
> "Prevention of Genocide Act of 1988," which sought to impose sanctions
> against Iraq. The act passed the Senate unanimously, but the Reagan
> White House killed the bill in the House."
>

> http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Iraq/Iraq_page.html

>>> I doubt the overwhelming majority of people consider
>>>bu$h a war criminal, as their very poorly informed. But certainly the
>>>vast majority of well informed people do, because he is. Torture is a
>>>war crime, and bu$h presided over torture. Those are indesputable
>>>facts with both written and photographic proof.

>>So you think we have a country full of idiots?

> You're doing little to dispel the impression that
> this applies to at least a minortiy of them. <g>
> Do you agree that torture is a war crime, and that
> bu$h presided over torture of POWs? You're still
> cowering and hiding from the truth and facts, Mikey....

Did we not prosecute the people involved in Abu Gharab? You are really
delusional if you say Bush was directly responsible. If that is all you
can muster on the matter then you have nothing. Might as well stop
mentioning it in your replys. BTW, who would you rather be tortured by?
The USA or Abu Musab al-Zarqawi and his croanies. We would just strip
you naked and tell you to do cheerleader drills while they cut off your
f'cking head. You really are a pathetic piece of ****, aren't you?
Keep up the good work because your "hate America first" rants do your
side more harm than good.

>>> I know that the radical right wing extremists who still
>>>support bu$h's illegal, immoral, and globally condemned
>>>terror attack on Iraq are in the minority - but it sure
>>>took 'em long enough to pull their heads out of bu$h's anus
>>>and see the truth. It's long past time you pulled your head out
>>>there, too.

>>I breath fresh air at all times, Hanky.

> You just "think" the air in bu$h bowels is fresh
> because you're been severely brainwashed, and you've
> been sucking it in for long.

This is a weak response. Come on, keep up the quality or I'm going to
get bored.

>>> They're not equal, but they've both murdered tens of
>>>thousands of innocent Iraqi civilians, they've both
>>>presided over torture and committed war crimes, they're
>>>both obsessed with using Iraq's vast oil reserves to acquire
>>>huge sums of wealth for themselves and their criminal cronies,
>>>and of course, Saddam had the unconditional support of many
>>>members of the bu$h regime while he was committing his worst
>>>atrocities. While not equal, they certainly have much in common.

>>Wow, you admit they are not equal.

> Of course. No two people are the same, and it was
> very silly for you to imply that they are. It's refreshing
> to see you accept the fact that your mentors, bu$h and
> Hussein, are very similar in mentality, behavior, and
> values, though.

Nice try at back peddling there Hanky. You said it now be a man and
live with it.

>>> It's only needs a yes or no answer. Here, try again.
>>>I made the question even shorter.
>>> "Are you able to comprehend that 51% of the =voters= is not 51% of
>>>the =population=?"

>>Are you able to comprehend that what counts in this country is
>>who wins elections?

> It's a yes or no question, Mikey. Here, try again. "Are you
> able to comprehend that 51% of the =voters= is not 51% of
> the =population=?"

Just how do you know that 51% of the US population doesn't support the
President? Quoting a poll means nothing. Fact is you don't know. Fact
is I do know Bush won the last election and is now the President for
another four years. Hmmmm... I guess winning elections is what matters
after all.

>>Besides, just because you think the President doesn't have
>>support doesn't make it true.

> Polls and reality make it true. Face the truth, Mikey.
> You're a radical right wing extremist, and you're in the
> minority.

Polls make it true?!?! That is a real joke Hanky. As for reality we
have clearly established that you have your own that has nothing in
common with the one the vast majority of us live in. I'm a real radical
right wing extremist. Tell me, what makes a person a radical right wing
extremist? Be specific and please don't link to a web site to speak for
you.

>>> If it wasn't the truth, you wouldn't be so desperately avoiding it,
>>>or be so laughably incapable of pointing out =anything= misleading or
>>>inaccurate in my posts or references. Your whining and crying about
>>>the messenger carries no weight, but your desperate avoidance of the
>>>facts certainly does...

>>All it takes is me to not read it for you to believe it's true?

> You read it, and replied, but you clearly unable to refute
> a word. If it wasn't the truth, you'd be able to refute
> it. Since you can't, you choose to bitch, whine, and spew
> juvenile, frustrated rants. I've seen it many times before.
> It's both amusing and pathetic at the same time - like a
> dog barking at it's shadow....

When you post it here in your own words (and not a cut and paste job
either) I will reply to it. I could link you to every far right wacko
site and demand you respond too. You would not read or respond to every
one of them either. Is your idea of a discussion just referencing web
sites? Can't you think for yourself?

> Don't let bu$h do to the United States what his very close
> friend and top campaign contributor, Ken Lay, did to Enron...

BTW, do you know that Enron donated over $100,000 to Clinton's 1993
presidential campaign? Also, when did the Enron debacle really occur?
It was under Clinton's watch, not Bush.
Old September 10th 05, 05:49 PM
Wound Up

Spike wrote:

> On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 02:19:55 GMT, Wound Up >
> wrote:
>

>>Hank wrote:

> Hmmmmm.... I just checked your statistics on this thread, and I
> believe you are in error. I just counted three times the use of
> "Mustang" and "Ford".... oops.... make that 5 times.... : )

No ****? I did a copy-and-paste into Word, and did a Find. Nothing did
I find. I was wrong. The point remains that this endless **** does
nothing to help this group, ever. Never.

Maybe they should go to a political discussion group and beat each other
up. Maybe there, someone more erudite than both of then will hand them
their asses.

This is a hobbyist group, remember? Lighten the **** UP and get off
your high horses.

--
Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65

Old September 10th 05, 05:51 PM
Michael Johnson, PE

Wound Up wrote:
> Spike wrote:
>

>> On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 02:19:55 GMT, Wound Up >
>> wrote:

>> Hmmmmm.... I just checked your statistics on this thread, and I
>> believe you are in error. I just counted three times the use of
>> "Mustang" and "Ford".... oops.... make that 5 times.... : )

> No ****? I did a copy-and-paste into Word, and did a Find. Nothing did
> I find. I was wrong. The point remains that this endless **** does
> nothing to help this group, ever. Never.
>
> Maybe they should go to a political discussion group and beat each other
> up. Maybe there, someone more erudite than both of then will hand them
> their asses.

You can tell your browser to ignore the thread or just killfile anyone
you don't want to see if it is really getting to you that bad.

> This is a hobbyist group, remember? Lighten the **** UP and get off
> your high horses.

If it weren't for OT threads and discussions this place would die in a
matter of weeks. I imagine that even you have participated in a few of
them. The hay day of ramfm has been over for years. Be careful what
you ask for because you just might get it and this place will die
completely.
Old September 10th 05, 06:05 PM
Wound Up

Michael Johnson, PE wrote:
> Wound Up wrote:
>
>> Spike wrote:

>>> Hmmmmm.... I just checked your statistics on this thread, and I
>>> believe you are in error. I just counted three times the use of
>>> "Mustang" and "Ford".... oops.... make that 5 times.... : )

>> No ****? I did a copy-and-paste into Word, and did a Find. Nothing
>> did I find. I was wrong. The point remains that this endless ****
>> does nothing to help this group, ever. Never.

>> Maybe they should go to a political discussion group and beat each
>> other up. Maybe there, someone more erudite than both of then will
>> hand them their asses.

> You can tell your browser to ignore the thread or just killfile anyone
> you don't want to see if it is really getting to you that bad.

I know that, I guess I just feel compelled to pee in the wind for some
reason. I know, "don't let it hit you in the face".

>> This is a hobbyist group, remember? Lighten the **** UP and get off
>> your high horses.

> If it weren't for OT threads and discussions this place would die in a
> matter of weeks. I imagine that even you have participated in a few of
> them. The hay day of ramfm has been over for years. Be careful what
> you ask for because you just might get it and this place will die
> completely.

"Even me?" Of course I have. And sadly, I think you're probably right.
I'm not sure why, but I wish it to be otherwise. Wishing for a
thing doesn't make it true. This was just a monster OT thread, so I
felt compelled, in the spirit of recent discussions, to try to make a
statement.

I largely lurked during that time you speak of. Should have jumped in
earlier.

Whatever... sorry to interrupt the ****ing match.

--
Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65

Old September 10th 05, 06:54 PM
Michael Johnson, PE

Wound Up wrote:
> Michael Johnson, PE wrote:
>
>> Wound Up wrote:

>>> No ****? I did a copy-and-paste into Word, and did a Find. Nothing
>>> did I find. I was wrong. The point remains that this endless ****
>>> does nothing to help this group, ever. Never.

>>> Maybe they should go to a political discussion group and beat each
>>> other up. Maybe there, someone more erudite than both of then will
>>> hand them their asses.

>> You can tell your browser to ignore the thread or just killfile anyone
>> you don't want to see if it is really getting to you that bad.
>>

> I know that, I guess I just feel compelled to pee in the wind for some
> reason. I know, "don't let it hit you in the face".

After being here for so long I have learned to let most things roll off
my back. I look at this group as more of a social club than a Mustang
help group anymore. Maybe it is because the newer cars are too complex
to mod but we just don't have many serious hot rodders here anymore. I
have an '89 LX sitting in my garage with A TON of mods. If I answer one
more subframe, air filter, dino vs. synthetic oil, remove the MAF screen
or not question I will go insane. Some of the nastiest threads I have
seen here have been over motor oil and air filters so even on-topic ones
can be ruthless. Some of those threads make this one look tame in
comparison. Personally, I look for the harder core questions,
especially ones relating to supercharging. Sadly, anymore, these
questions are few and far between.

Joe and I discuss politics here a lot and have done so for years. We
keep things civil even when we don't agree. I do the same with any
other regular here. I usually ignore Hank (he is a political troll and
cares nothing about Mustangs) but for some reason, this time, I just
felt like screwing with him. I'm making myself look more conservative
than I really am because it further cranks him up.

>>> This is a hobbyist group, remember? Lighten the **** UP and get off
>>> your high horses.

I got off my high horse when I dropped out of my Mamma's womb. I had no
choice.

>> If it weren't for OT threads and discussions this place would die in a
>> matter of weeks. I imagine that even you have participated in a few
>> of them. The hay day of ramfm has been over for years. Be careful
>> what you ask for because you just might get it and this place will die
>> completely.

> "Even me?" Of course I have. And sadly, I think you're probably right.
> I'm not sure why, but I wish it to be otherwise. Wishing for a thing
> doesn't make it true. This was just a monster OT thread, so I felt
> compelled, in the spirit of recent discussions, to try to make a statement.

I understand. Sometimes it feels good to get something that bothers you
off your chest.

> I largely lurked during that time you speak of. Should have jumped in
> earlier.
>
> Whatever... sorry to interrupt the ****ing match.

Don't worry. Like all things, this thread will end too.
Old September 10th 05, 11:24 PM
Joe

"Michael Johnson, PE" > wrote in
:

> Wound Up wrote:
>> Michael Johnson, PE wrote:

>>> You can tell your browser to ignore the thread or just killfile
>>> anyone you don't want to see if it is really getting to you that
>>> bad.
>>>

>> I know that, I guess I just feel compelled to pee in the wind for
>> some reason. I know, "don't let it hit you in the face".

> After being here for so long I have learned to let most things roll
> off my back. I look at this group as more of a social club than a
> Mustang help group anymore. Maybe it is because the newer cars are
> too complex to mod but we just don't have many serious hot rodders
> here anymore.

A lot of groups are getting like that. I think the serious hot
rodders are actually working on their cars and running them rather
than reading and posting fodder in groups like this one.

> I have an '89 LX sitting in my garage with A TON of
> mods. If I answer one more subframe, air filter, dino vs. synthetic
> oil, remove the MAF screen or not question I will go insane.

So, Michael, what do you think of using a K&N over the stock box air
filter on a Fox car? Will I gain 5hp? LOL!

> Some
> of the nastiest threads I have seen here have been over motor oil
> and air filters so even on-topic ones can be ruthless.

BTW, how often do you change your oil and what do you use? LOL!

> Some of
> those threads make this one look tame in comparison. Personally, I
> look for the harder core questions, especially ones relating to
> supercharging. Sadly, anymore, these questions are few and far
> between.

Speaking of which, is there anything new out there these days? I've
been out of touch and I'm seriously wondering if you have any neat
stuff to share. One of these days I'd still like to stuff a KB onto
the Dak.

> Joe and I discuss politics here a lot and have done so for years.
> We keep things civil even when we don't agree.

I think we agree on more than meets the eye.

> I do the same with
> any other regular here. I usually ignore Hank (he is a political
> troll and cares nothing about Mustangs) but for some reason, this
> time, I just felt like screwing with him.

Hank's a fanatic that doesn't deserve a response IMO.

> I'm making myself look
> more conservative than I really am because it further cranks him up.

So are you admitting you're a troll?

> I got off my high horse when I dropped out of my Mamma's womb. I
> had no choice.

Best line I've read in here in months!! Kudos to you, sir.

>>> If it weren't for OT threads and discussions this place would die
>>> in a matter of weeks. I imagine that even you have participated
>>> in a few of them. The hay day of ramfm has been over for years.
>>> Be careful what you ask for because you just might get it and this
>>> place will die completely.

>> "Even me?" Of course I have. And sadly, I think you're probably
>> right.
>> I'm not sure why, but I wish it to be otherwise. Wishing for a
>> thing
>> doesn't make it true. This was just a monster OT thread, so I felt
>> compelled, in the spirit of recent discussions, to try to make a
>> statement.

> I understand. Sometimes it feels good to get something that bothers
> you off your chest.

This is a great place to do that.

>> I largely lurked during that time you speak of. Should have jumped
>> in earlier.
>>
>> Whatever... sorry to interrupt the ****ing match.

> Don't worry. Like all things, this thread will end too.

Not for a while...