congratulations and hello to aac

Old March 19th 06, 03:46 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default congratulations and hello to aac

To the group:

Hi and congratulations. Not so much for the knowledgeable membership:
lotsa folks have experience with the Corvette. Not really for the humor,
although that's important too. What I'm giving you all a pat on the back
for is the tone or attitude I find here.

It's mature. For an older person, that's refreshing and rare on usenet. I
checked out a few forum-type sites, and for me, the fixation on nitrous,
lowered suspensions and the "politically correct" carwash product just
wears thin after awhile.

It's friendly. Even when somebody starts to get overheated by a perceived
insult, it's quickly defused by the laid-back banter of the regulars.

And as a bonus, you talk more about Vettes than you do about politics. I
love that.

--
Angelo
Old March 19th 06, 05:50 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

"Angelo de Mussi" > wrote in message
news
> To the group:
>
> Hi and congratulations. Not so much for the knowledgeable membership:
> lotsa folks have experience with the Corvette. Not really for the humor,
> although that's important too. What I'm giving you all a pat on the back
> for is the tone or attitude I find here.
>
> It's mature. For an older person, that's refreshing and rare on usenet. I
> checked out a few forum-type sites, and for me, the fixation on nitrous,
> lowered suspensions and the "politically correct" carwash product just
> wears thin after awhile.
>
> It's friendly. Even when somebody starts to get overheated by a perceived
> insult, it's quickly defused by the laid-back banter of the regulars.
>
> And as a bonus, you talk more about Vettes than you do about politics. I
> love that.
>
> --
> Angelo

Nice compliment. I happen to agree with it, as well. This is one place I
don't cringe all the time, and the advice is pretty much top drawer. No one
pretends to know it all (even the ones that actually do know at least a
bunch I think the age of the group members is a bit beyond teenage,
clear up to Dad who I believe said he fought in the Spanish War. Wasn't
that it, Dad?

Old March 19th 06, 07:37 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

"BDragon" > wrote in message

> "Angelo de Mussi" > wrote in message
> news
>> To the group:
>>
>> Hi and congratulations. Not so much for the knowledgeable
>> membership:
>> lotsa folks have experience with the Corvette. Not really for the
>> humor,
>> although that's important too. What I'm giving you all a pat on the
>> back
>> for is the tone or attitude I find here.
>>
>> It's mature. For an older person, that's refreshing and rare on
>> usenet. I
>> checked out a few forum-type sites, and for me, the fixation on
>> nitrous,
>> lowered suspensions and the "politically correct" carwash product
>> just
>> wears thin after awhile.
>>
>> It's friendly. Even when somebody starts to get overheated by a
>> perceived
>> insult, it's quickly defused by the laid-back banter of the
>> regulars.
>>
>> And as a bonus, you talk more about Vettes than you do about
>> politics. I
>> love that.
>>
>> --
>> Angelo

> Nice compliment. I happen to agree with it, as well. This is one
> place I
> don't cringe all the time, and the advice is pretty much top drawer.
> No one
> pretends to know it all (even the ones that actually do know at
> least a
> bunch I think the age of the group members is a bit beyond
> teenage,
> clear up to Dad who I believe said he fought in the Spanish War.
> Wasn't
> that it, Dad?

Them there's fright'n words, where did I put my Springfield. I never
fought in any war but may have started a few.

Welcome to the group,

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old March 19th 06, 07:57 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

"Angelo de Mussi" > wrote in message
news
> To the group:
>
> Hi and congratulations. Not so much for the knowledgeable membership:
> lotsa folks have experience with the Corvette. Not really for the humor,
> although that's important too. What I'm giving you all a pat on the back
> for is the tone or attitude I find here.
>
> It's mature. For an older person, that's refreshing and rare on usenet. I
> checked out a few forum-type sites, and for me, the fixation on nitrous,
> lowered suspensions and the "politically correct" carwash product just
> wears thin after awhile.
>
> It's friendly. Even when somebody starts to get overheated by a perceived
> insult, it's quickly defused by the laid-back banter of the regulars.
>
> And as a bonus, you talk more about Vettes than you do about politics. I
> love that.
>
> --
> Angelo

Used to own a (99) Camaro SS (6-speed), before getting the C5. I don't miss
some of the F-Body NG posters (No, I did NOT specifically mean Sgt. Rock). I
might just buy another Camaro SS - if they start making them again - but I
won't go back to the F-Body NG. This (AAC NG) is a place where being
mechanically ignorant & inept, does not stop me from posting (and getting a
fair response).

Old March 20th 06, 05:10 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

He's still trying to get his head out of the Window Valet!
LOLOL

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler
remove –SPAM- from email address
--------------------------------------
"Homer no function beer well without."
- H.J. Simpson

Old March 20th 06, 05:14 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Greetings Angelo.

Old March 20th 06, 11:39 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Hi Angelo,
The members are genuinely nice. You wouldn't believe the amount of
money I have saved just by reading the advice posted here. Not only
that, I actually got the courage to lie under my car myself and work on
it by gleaning confidence from the posts of others here. A very mature
and corvette loving lot.

regards
E_Tar
('77 Corvette)

Old March 21st 06, 02:09 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 16:39:54 -0700, E_Tar > wrote:

> Hi Angelo,
> The members are genuinely nice. You wouldn't believe the amount of
> money I have saved just by reading the advice posted here. Not only
> that, I actually got the courage to lie under my car myself and work on
> it by gleaning confidence from the posts of others here. A very mature
> and corvette loving lot.
>
> regards
> E_Tar
> ('77 Corvette)

Thanks. And thank you to everybody who sent a howdy over the last couple
of days. i think I'll like it here.

Because of some financial setbacks, "Wendy" is parked in someone else's
garage for now, but I have hopes of getting her back eventually.

To show where my taste in America's Only Sports Carˇ is at, here's what
I'd own if I had Big Bux:
•1995 ZR-1
•1996 LT-4
•a C-1 with C-4 suspension, brakes and maybe C-5 powertrain ("Car
Creations" conversion)
•an R9G, an L-88 and a (1970) LT-1
•a C6R

....and Wendy (a 93 roadster)