2008 squeaking

Old August 17th 09, 03:34 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

Default 2008 squeaking

"Double C 33" > wrote in message
>I dont think we should be fighting....first off dad was trying to
>help
> you andrew...you guys disagreed and then just got smart...I don't
> know
> who is right but we should be trying to help each other the best we
> can not just fighting...haha I don't know if you guys will take this
> seriously but I'm just saying you shouldm't get into that much of a
> fight

Good thought, I tend to push things that I know are tried and true.
Don't understand not trying to help yourself when a problem comes up.
On the other hand I'm short on understanding everyone's abilities or
lack there of. That's one reason I have kept in the world of things,
if you know what you're doing you know what the "thing" is doing. With
people, not so much. The only real catch to that is that those
"things" were made by people.

Is Double C 33 a bra size? ;-))

Old August 18th 09, 06:50 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Andrew DeFaria

body { font: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; } p { font: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; } ..standout { font-family: verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; color: #993333; line-height: 13px; font-weight: bold; margin-bottom: 10px; } ..code { border-top: 1px solid #ddd; border-left: 1px solid #ddd; border-right: 2px solid #000; border-bottom: 2px solid #000; padding: 10px; margin-top: 5px; margin-left: 5%; margin-right: 5%; background: #ffffea; color: black; -moz-border-radius: 10px; } ..codedark { border-top: 10px solid #03f; border-left: 1px solid #ddd; border-right: 2px solid grey; border-bottom: 2px solid grey; padding: 10px; margin-top: 5px; margin-left: 5%; margin-right: 5%; background: black; color: yellow; -moz-border-radius: 10px; } #code { color: black; font-size: 14px; font-family: courier; padding-left: 5px; } #line-number { color: #804000; font-family: Arial; font-size: 14px; padding-right: 5px; border-right: 1px dotted #804000; } blockquote[type=cite] { padding: 0em .5em .5em .5em !important; border-right: 2px solid blue !important; border-left: 2px solid blue !important; } blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] { border-right: 2px solid maroon !important; border-left: 2px solid maroon !important; } blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] { border-right: 2px solid teal !important; border-left: 2px solid teal !important; } blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] { border-right: 2px solid purple !important; border-left: 2px solid purple !important; } blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] { border-right: 2px solid green !important; border-left: 2px solid green !important; } Double C 33 wrote: I dont think we should be fighting....first off dad was trying to help you andrew...you guys disagreed and then just got smart...I don't know who is right but we should be trying to help each other the best we can not just fighting...haha I don't know if you guys will take this seriously but I'm just saying you shouldm't get into that much of a fight
I never said he was wrong with his facts but when I'm attacked I attack back. That's how I roll. He's now permanently on the ignore list so I don't give a **** what what he says any more because I'll never see it again.

--
Andrew DeFaria
You know how it is when you're walking up the stairs, and you get to the top, and you think there's one more step? I'm like that all the time.

Old August 18th 09, 04:44 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

I some times use Google to check past posts to see where I went wrong because of my way of offering help. Checked Andrews profile and got this message.

This account has been banned because it violated the Google Groups Terms Of Use.

May not have read or comprehended the manual/terms of use or may not apply to him?

Old August 18th 09, 07:53 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ

Dad wrote:
> I some times use Google to check past posts to see where I went
> wrong because of my way of offering help. Checked Andrews profile and
> got this message.
>
> This account has been banned because it violated the Google Groups Terms
> Of Use
> <http://groups.google.com/intl/en/googlegroups/terms_of_service3.html>.
>
> May not have read or comprehended the manual/terms of use or may not
> apply to him?
>
> "Andrew DeFaria" >> wrote
> in message ...
>
> Double C 33 wrote:
>> I dont think we should be fighting....first off dad was trying to
>> help you andrew...you guys disagreed and then just got smart...I
>> don't know who is right but we should be trying to help each other
>> the best we can not just fighting...haha I don't know if you guys
>> will take this seriously but I'm just saying you shouldm't get
>> into that much of a fight

> I never said he was wrong with his facts but when I'm attacked I
> attack back. That's how I roll. He's now permanently on the ignore
> list so I don't give a **** what what he says any more because I'll
> never see it again.
> --
> Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
> You know how it is when you're walking up the stairs, and you get to
> the top, and you think there's one more step? I'm like that all the
> time.

Hey Dad,

It wasn't you. However your roots are in an era
when there were distinct break-in instructions
that came with all new machinery (cars and
otherwise). As such, you appreciate that what
is done in the first 50-200 miles can have long
term effects on the powertrain and running gear.

You may be expecting too much of the post WWII
generation with regard to the care and feeding
of new gear. Perhaps if you had conducted a
short course in, "The care and feeding of new
machinery - 101" he would have understood where
you were coming from and what questions to ask
when on the delivery paddock at a new car
dealership.

That said, I've also been plonked, for offering
some constructive but pointed criticism of
nav-menu errors in his website design, (found
when I decided to, "find out who this guy is
anyway.")

A week or so ago, when the major DoD network
hacks were taking place, similar Google Groups
warnings appeared on websites that weren't
Google related (no Google advertising etc.) So,
that warning might have been just a technical
glitch.

OTOH, this gent did profess a propensity for
strong responses... "...when I'm attacked I
attack back. That's how I roll." ...f***...

Flames and monosyllabic expletives don't fly
well with many group moderators. They take
definitive action to quiet the waters. Google's
action may have been triggered by a moderator
complaint.
--
pj
Old August 18th 09, 09:56 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"pj" > wrote in message
> [...]

> and what questions to ask when on the delivery paddock at a new car
> dealership.
>
> That said, I've also been plonked, for offering some constructive
> but pointed criticism of nav-menu errors in his website design,
> (found when I decided to, "find out who this guy is anyway.")
>
> A week or so ago, when the major DoD network hacks were taking
> place, similar Google Groups warnings appeared on websites that
> weren't Google related (no Google advertising etc.) So, that warning
> might have been just a technical glitch.
>
> OTOH, this gent did profess a propensity for strong responses...
> "...when I'm attacked I attack back. That's how I roll." ...f***...
>
> Flames and monosyllabic expletives don't fly well with many group
> moderators. They take definitive action to quiet the waters.
> Google's action may have been triggered by a moderator complaint.

Yes, I checked him long before his account was jerked and knew he was
a firebrand but still thought some more information might be of help
for his brakes and top problem. As has been pointed out to me many
times I was wrong. Just because I want to be a dick this time I'll say
both could be cured so they never returned for $0 in very little time.

Still there is that burdensome owners manual that could be there for a
reason.. Plus every brake pad/shoe manufacturer I know wants some
bedding done on a new brake system even today with better disk/shoe
material, let alone back in the '40s.

Old August 19th 09, 04:15 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Andrew DeFaria

body { font: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; } p { font: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; } .standout { font-family: verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; color: #993333; line-height: 13px; font-weight: bold; margin-bottom: 10px; } .code { border-top: 1px solid #ddd; border-left: 1px solid #ddd; border-right: 2px solid #000; border-bottom: 2px solid #000; padding: 10px; margin-top: 5px; margin-left: 5%; margin-right: 5%; background: #ffffea; color: black; -moz-border-radius: 10px; } .codedark { border-top: 10px solid #03f; border-left: 1px solid #ddd; border-right: 2px solid grey; border-bottom: 2px solid grey; padding: 10px; margin-top: 5px; margin-left: 5%; margin-right: 5%; background: black; color: yellow; -moz-border-radius: 10px; } #code { color: black; font-size: 14px; font-family: courier; padding-left: 5px; } #line-number { color: #804000; font-family: Arial; font-size: 14px; padding-right: 5px; border-right: 1px dotted #804000; } blockquote[type=cite] { padding: 0em .5em .5em .5em !important; border-right: 2px solid blue !important; border-left: 2px solid blue !important; } blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] { border-right: 2px solid maroon !important; border-left: 2px solid maroon !important; } blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] { border-right: 2px solid teal !important; border-left: 2px solid teal !important; } blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] { border-right: 2px solid purple !important; border-left: 2px solid purple !important; } blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] blockquote[type=cite] { border-right: 2px solid green !important; border-left: 2px solid green !important; } pj wrote: Dad wrote:
I some times use Google to check past posts to see where I went wrong because of my way of offering help. Checked Andrews profile and got this message.
Â*
This account has been banned because it violated the Google Groups Terms Of Use &lt;http://groups.google.com/intl/en/googlegroups/terms_of_service3.html&gt;.
Â*
May not have read or comprehended the manual/terms of use or may not apply to him?
Reports of my demise on Google Groups - or wherever - have been largely exaggerated! Lucky for me I don't need Google to use Usenet...
That said, I've also been plonked, for offering some constructive but pointed criticism of nav-menu errors in his website design, (found when I decided to, "find out who this guy is anyway.")
Huh? I asked you what you meant because you didn't include any description of any problem. My "nav-menu" works in all the major browsers that I care about (FF, IE, etc.). In any event, apparently my test of Thunderbird 3 messed up my filters. I will plonk you again...
OTOH, this gent did profess a propensity for strong responses... "...when I'm attacked I attack back. That's how I roll."Â* ...f***...
Any non-coward animal attacks when attacked.
Flames and monosyllabic expletives don't fly well with many group moderators. They take definitive action to quiet the waters. Google's action may have been triggered by a moderator complaint.
This is Usenet. This is unmoderated. Get a clue dude! Google does not own the internet and they have not banned me nor could that because you don't need to use Google to post to Usenet.

--
Andrew DeFaria
Why is a person who plays the piano called a pianist, but a person who drives a race car not called a racist?

Old August 19th 09, 01:50 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

I see he doesn't understand news groups and better than he does
brakes, and yes, your account is banned by Google. As you say you
don't need Google to be seen and read (heard) on news groups even in
HTML.

Old August 19th 09, 08:13 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Double C 33

..

> Is Double C 33 a bra size? ;-))

Haha, no its not a bra size. It's my nickname...my first name starts
with a C and so does my last name..and 33 was my football number.
Haha i get that a lot though.

Squeaking Noise zar[_2_] VW water cooled 13 July 25th 09 10:12 PM
squeaking distributor nrs Jeep 11 June 10th 09 11:57 AM
2008 - squeaking from top Andrew DeFaria Corvette 22 September 7th 08 05:19 PM
Squeaking while in reverse HT VW water cooled 2 August 18th 08 11:09 PM
Squeaking Belts on C5 Stephen Horrillo Corvette 10 April 26th 05 12:16 AM