First oil change?

Old April 2nd 05, 02:36 AM
BDragon

"TF" > wrote in message ...
Actually, I think what they said was that everyone switches from Mobil to
Penzoil.
What btrand synthetic should I use?

Are they all non-detergent?
Non-detergent oil leaves the dirt in the block.

Thank,
TF

Penzoil is a great choice. Liquid wax. Tear down a block that's been using
that for a while. Sheesh.

Old April 2nd 05, 05:42 PM
Bob G.

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 17:36:01 -0800, "BDragon"
> wrote:

>Penzoil is a great choice. Liquid wax. Tear down a block that's been using
>that for a while. Sheesh.

==========================
Now is this a statement in favor of Penzoil or a statement infering
that Penzoil is junk.... Just curious... Needed a case of oil for
lawn tractors etc and passed on Penzoil yesterday ...not because of it
rep but because Sams was selling Mobil "clean drive" 40 percent
cheaper...

Bob Griffiths
Old April 4th 05, 01:33 AM
Jabez

"TF" > wrote in message
> Actually, I think what they said was that everyone switches from

Mobil to
> Penzoil.
> What btrand synthetic should I use?
>
> Are they all non-detergent?
> Non-detergent oil leaves the dirt in the block.
>
> Thank,
> TF
> .

I would use any Syn oil that had 4718 stamp on bottle. Only two I
have found so far is Mobile 1(5w-30)and Pennzoil Platinum (5w-30). I
will buy the cheapest of the two.

Honestly if you drive CONSERVATIVELY I bet you can put Synthetic oil
from Mobile 1, Pennzoil, Havoline, Castro, etc and you will not feel
a difference or do any harm to your engine.

Old April 15th 05, 11:52 AM
sbright

I just did the first oil change on '05 Escalade. It had a magnetic drain
plug from the factory. Same oil filter as the C5's take.
PF46 I think.

-Stan

Old April 15th 05, 03:16 PM
Dad

I don't understand that myself, my truck has the magnetic drain plug but
none of the C5s did nor the C6?????

Tooooo much added cost I guess.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old April 15th 05, 10:06 PM
Vandervecken

Possibly due to aluminum block, pistons, heads? Debris from those is not
magnetic.

-- Vandervecken

Old April 15th 05, 11:07 PM
Dad

Good idea but wrong, the truck blocks are aluminum also. The only cast iron
head and blocks I have are the 72 and a 50 Chevy coupe.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
news1W7e.14395$L64.7268@okepread07...