VA Driver Revolt Over Gestapo Giving Out $2500 Fines For Speeding

Old July 19th 07, 02:52 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default VA Driver Revolt Over Gestapo Giving Out $2500 Fines For Speeding

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/18/us...rssnyt&emc=rss

20 miles over the speed limit = $2,500? **** you, VA police.

Who would ever want to venture into that disgusting police state
anymore?

Old July 19th 07, 03:12 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Arif Khokar

wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/18/us...rssnyt&emc=rss

> 20 miles over the speed limit = $2,500? **** you, VA police.
>
> Who would ever want to venture into that disgusting police state
> anymore?

Well, given that out-of-state drivers aren't affected, it'll be smooth
sailing for drivers like me (since I have a WV drivers license, and
drive in VA on a frequent basis)

In any case, a number of regular posters in this group have said that if
penalties are severe enough, the people will revolt and either the
penalties will revert back to the way they were (below the threshold),
or speed limits and other traffic laws will be revised to actually
follow engineering standards.
Old July 19th 07, 04:15 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, Arif Khokar wrote:
> wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/18/us...rssnyt&emc=rss

>> 20 miles over the speed limit = $2,500? **** you, VA police.
>>
>> Who would ever want to venture into that disgusting police state
>> anymore?

> Well, given that out-of-state drivers aren't affected, it'll be smooth
> sailing for drivers like me (since I have a WV drivers license, and
> drive in VA on a frequent basis)
>
> In any case, a number of regular posters in this group have said that if
> penalties are severe enough, the people will revolt and either the
> penalties will revert back to the way they were (below the threshold),
> or speed limits and other traffic laws will be revised to actually
> follow engineering standards.

Sadly, that prediction was made years ago, prior to the changes that have
gone on in law, in government, and in police forces in the last few years.
And most importantly, before black-box computer voting that is easily
rigged. Government as of late has shown itself to be less and less shy
about doing things and attempting to do things that 90% of the people
oppose.

Now we have the revolt as predicted, but a third possibility for a
result presents itself, the government just cracking down and cracking
skulls.

Old July 19th 07, 04:35 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,alt.politics,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.liberalism
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/18/us...rssnyt&emc=rss

> 20 miles over the speed limit = $2,500? **** you, VA police.
>
> Who would ever want to venture into that disgusting police state
> anymore?

Only criminal coddlers like you complain about this. Decent americans
know that speeders are kid-killers and kid-kripplers and they want huge
fines AND prison sentences for these psychopaths.

Old July 19th 07, 04:51 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,alt.politics,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.liberalism

wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/18/us...411200&en=e2b8
> c325d7985309&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss
>>> 20 miles over the speed limit = $2,500? **** you, VA police.
>>>
>>> Who would ever want to venture into that disgusting police state
>>> anymore?
>>>

>> Only criminal coddlers like you complain about this. Decent americans
>> know that speeders are kid-killers and kid-kripplers and they want huge
>> fines AND prison sentences for these psychopaths.
>>

> No. Only obsessed criminalize-everything people such as you want such wholly
> disproportionate penalties. In any case, these huge fines have nothing to do
> with traffic safety and ewverything to do with revenues.

It's you repubs and your holy War on Drugs that have instituted the
too-severe penalties. Some schmuck gets 20 years for just having some
coke on him and you loonies are fine with that. If that's ok then
deadly speeders should get life.
Old July 19th 07, 06:06 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,alt.politics,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.liberalism
Ben Turner

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:

> It's you repubs and your holy War on Drugs that have instituted the
> too-severe penalties. Some schmuck gets 20 years for just having some
> coke on him and you loonies are fine with that. If that's ok then
> deadly speeders should get life.

Has it occured to you that both the drug war *and* excessive driving
penalties are wrong?
Old July 19th 07, 07:10 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,va.politics,va.general,talk.politics.misc
Perry[_2_]

On Jul 18, 11:35 pm, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS
> >http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/18/us...l?ex=134241120...

> > 20 miles over the speed limit = $2,500? **** you, VA police.

> > Who would ever want to venture into that disgusting police state
> > anymore?

> Only criminal coddlers like you complain about this. Decent americans
> know that speeders are kid-killers and kid-kripplers and they want huge
> fines AND prison sentences for these psychopaths.

--------------- THE PROBLEM IN VIRGINIA IS ...

.... the LAWS against things such as drunk and reckless driving are not
strictly enforced.

IN VIRGINIA, the judges and the defense lawyers are and have
traditionally been very "CLOSE."

IN VIRGINIA, habitual drunk drivers, for example, once they receive an
initial slap on the wrist due to a "sharp" lawyer, can re-offend again
and again with no meaningful punishment.

IN VIRGINIA, there are countless drunks who are 5th- and 6th-time
offenders, and STILL driving!

IN VIRGINIA, if you have a lawyer, you have amnesty!

IN VIRGINIA, a conservative legislature hates taxes, loves alternative
revenue sources!
---------------

Old July 19th 07, 10:20 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,alt.politics,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.liberalism
Tim Crowley

On Jul 18, 8:35 pm, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS
> >http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/18/us...l?ex=134241120...

> > 20 miles over the speed limit = $2,500? **** you, VA police.

> > Who would ever want to venture into that disgusting police state
> > anymore?

> Only criminal coddlers like you complain about this. Decent americans
> know that speeders are kid-killers and kid-kripplers and they want huge
> fines AND prison sentences for these psychopaths.

K000K A D000DLE D0.

umm, go back on the meds.

Old July 19th 07, 10:59 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Nate Nagel[_2_]

wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/18/us...rssnyt&emc=rss

> 20 miles over the speed limit = $2,500? **** you, VA police.
>
> Who would ever want to venture into that disgusting police state
> anymore?

People from Pennsylvania who can't find good jobs at home.

nate

(hey, waitaminnit...)

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.