Importing to Canada

Old April 12th 05, 04:31 AM
Steve G

Check with Can Customs before you go down there. They have a whole
department that looks after the import of vehicles. There are certain
models that are not allowed into the country under any circustances. They
will check the list and confirm that you can bring it up. They will also
give you all the info you need to know when bringing it back. You will be
req'd to pay GST and PST (unless you're in Oilberta) at the border.
Steve G.
"Jim" > wrote in message

> I did a bad thing. I fell in love with a car on Ebay and am bidding

on
> it. The car is in Massetuesett.....Masss....Masset......well South of

Maine
> and I wish to bring this car to Canada. Is there anyone here from Canada
> that has had experience in importing a car from the USA?
> The car is very driveable....but rather than driving it... I will be
> driving my truck and pulling a car hauler. Going to load the car and haul

it

Old April 12th 05, 01:47 PM
wolfgang

Hey Jim, if the car is over 15 yrs old it makes it a lot easier. Check out
the www.riv.ca website.. they will instruct you on what is required. I just
went down 2 weeks ago and found the whole ordeal fairly simple. Just make
sure to give the US Customs folks 3 business days notice.

gm

Old April 12th 05, 04:49 PM
StingRay

.. .

Jim, wolfgang's site ( www.riv.ca ) is a must. You'll also need this site:
http://www.adminserv.ca/interior.cfm...tion=published

Old April 17th 05, 03:15 AM
Jim

Thanks so much to all that replied. I wasn't the successful bidder but am
a lot wizer in the event that I plan on bidding again).

All the best to this group.......JIm