Failed inspection

Old April 7th 05, 07:13 PM
Rick

Default Failed inspection

I failed NC inspection and this is the problem.

Stored Diagnostic trouble codes:

p0443 Evaporative Emission control system purge control valve circuit

How do I fix this?

--
Later,

-- Rick Novara --

Old April 7th 05, 11:10 PM
Greg

on what???? year model????? is it a corvette????

Old April 7th 05, 11:29 PM
Rick

Sorry...... 96 Vette LT4.

Old April 8th 05, 05:12 AM
Tom

As Rick so eloquently stated:

> Sorry...... 96 Vette LT4.
>

> "Greg" > wrote in message
>> on what???? year model????? is it a corvette????
>> On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 18:13:20 GMT, "Rick" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>I failed NC inspection and this is the problem.
>>>
>>>Stored Diagnostic trouble codes:
>>>
>>>p0443 Evaporative Emission control system purge control valve circuit
>>>
>>>How do I fix this?

Pull the negative battery cable off for 1 hour(I think), reconnect it. That
should reset all codes.

--
Tom

"That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest."
-Henry Thoreau

"The original point and click interface is a Smith and Wesson"
Old April 8th 05, 04:11 PM
Greg

have you cleared the codes to make sure it is a hard code? I do not
think you can reset codes by unplugging the battery on this car (odb2)
with out a scan tool. this code can be set for several reasons, bad
EVAP canister purge control solenoid, bad driver in the PCM, which
supplies ground to the solenoid or a wiring problem. you will need a
scan tool and a DVOM to check this out. if you have this i will be
glad to help you diagnosis this problem with you. if you do not have
the equipment, then you may need to take it to some one who does.
let me know. greg

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 22:29:20 GMT, "Rick" >
wrote:

>Sorry...... 96 Vette LT4.

.. .

Old April 8th 05, 04:43 PM
Rick

Greg,

Thanks for the info.

The service engine light came on awhile back & didn't know what the problem
was.

I can use the scan tool at Auto Zone. What is a DVOM?

Richard

"Greg" > wrote in message
> have you cleared the codes to make sure it is a hard code? I do not
> think you can reset codes by unplugging the battery on this car (odb2)
> with out a scan tool. this code can be set for several reasons, bad
> EVAP canister purge control solenoid, bad driver in the PCM, which
> supplies ground to the solenoid or a wiring problem. you will need a
> scan tool and a DVOM to check this out. if you have this i will be
> glad to help you diagnosis this problem with you. if you do not have
> the equipment, then you may need to take it to some one who does.
> let me know. greg
>

> On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 22:29:20 GMT, "Rick" >
> wrote:
>
>>Sorry...... 96 Vette LT4.

. ..

Old April 8th 05, 06:28 PM
.

"Rick" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Greg,
>
> Thanks for the info.
>
> The service engine light came on awhile back & didn't know what the

problem
> was.
>
> I can use the scan tool at Auto Zone. What is a DVOM?
>
> Richard

Digital Volt-Ohm Meter.

Old April 9th 05, 11:44 AM
Rick

I have a Digital Volt-Ohm Meter & use it all the time.

All I need is the locations & volt readings ...

Later,

-- Richard --

Old April 11th 05, 05:14 PM
Greg

Rick i just sent you a e-mail, i will try to help you with your
problem

Old April 11th 05, 05:18 PM
Greg

Rick i was not able to get a e-mail to go thru. send me a note to
genettles@earthlinkxxx .net (remove the xxx)