O.T. $10,000 call

Old February 27th 08, 06:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
FrankW

Default O.T. $10,000 call

An American decided to write a book about famous churches around the world.

So he bought a plane ticket and took a trip to Orlando , thinking that
he would start by working his way across the USA from South to North.

On his first day he was inside a church taking photographs when he
noticed a golden telephone mounted on the wall with a sign that read
'$10,000 per call'.

The American, being intrigued, asked a priest who was strolling by what
the telephone was used for.

The priest replied that it was a direct line to heaven and that for
$10,000 you could talk to God.

The American thanked the priest and went along his way.

Next stop was in Atlanta . There, at a very large cathedral, he saw the
same golden telephone with the same sign under it.

He wondered if this was the same kind of telephone he saw in Orlando and
he asked a nearby nun what its purpose was.

She told him that it was a direct line to heaven and that for $10,000 he
could talk to God.

'O.K., thank you,' said the American .

He then traveled to Indianapolis , Washington DC , Philadelphia , Boston
and New York.

In every church he saw the same golden telephone
with the same '$10,000 per call' sign under it.

The American, upon leaving Vermont decided to travel up to Canada to see
if Canadians had the same phone.

He arrived in Canada , and again, in the first church he entered, there
was the same golden telephone, but this time the sign under it read '40
cents per call.'

The American was surprised so he asked the priest about the sign.
'Father, I've traveled all over America and I've seen this same golden
telephone in many churches. I'm told that it is a direct line to Heaven,
but in the US the price was $10,000 per call.

Why is it so cheap here?'

The priest smiled and answered, 'You're in Canada now, son - it's a
local call'.

Old February 27th 08, 10:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

They don't call us Crazy Canucks for nothing eh.

Mike
'New' frame in the works for '08. Some Canadian Bush Trip and Build
Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com

Old February 28th 08, 11:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
FrankW

Ya I saw that pic, rude indeed ;-)

paul wrote:
> Brilliant! Thanks Frank.
> I will have to forward this to my Canadian associates,,, they'll love it and
> then they will send me the picture of them doing a "Canadian Beer Run" butt
> naked on a snowmobile!
>

> paul
>

> "FrankW" > wrote in message
>
>>An American decided to write a book about famous churches around the
>>world.
>>
>>So he bought a plane ticket and took a trip to Orlando , thinking that
>>he would start by working his way across the USA from South to North.
>>
>>On his first day he was inside a church taking photographs when he
>>noticed a golden telephone mounted on the wall with a sign that read
>>'$10,000 per call'.
>>
>>The American, being intrigued, asked a priest who was strolling by what
>>the telephone was used for.
>>
>>The priest replied that it was a direct line to heaven and that for
>>$10,000 you could talk to God.
>>
>>The American thanked the priest and went along his way.
>>
>>Next stop was in Atlanta . There, at a very large cathedral, he saw the
>>same golden telephone with the same sign under it.
>>
>>He wondered if this was the same kind of telephone he saw in Orlando and
>>he asked a nearby nun what its purpose was.
>>
>>She told him that it was a direct line to heaven and that for $10,000 he
>>could talk to God.
>>
>>'O.K., thank you,' said the American .
>>
>>He then traveled to Indianapolis , Washington DC , Philadelphia , Boston
>>and New York.
>>
>>In every church he saw the same golden telephone
>>with the same '$10,000 per call' sign under it.
>>
>>The American, upon leaving Vermont decided to travel up to Canada to see
>>if Canadians had the same phone.
>>
>>He arrived in Canada , and again, in the first church he entered, there
>>was the same golden telephone, but this time the sign under it read '40
>>cents per call.'
>>
>>The American was surprised so he asked the priest about the sign.
>>'Father, I've traveled all over America and I've seen this same golden
>>telephone in many churches. I'm told that it is a direct line to Heaven,
>>but in the US the price was $10,000 per call.
>>
>>Why is it so cheap here?'
>>
>>The priest smiled and answered, 'You're in Canada now, son - it's a
>>local call'.

A Call To Action Furious George Driving 3 September 24th 06 06:04 PM
Close Call on CA-17 223rem Driving 0 January 7th 06 12:58 PM
What do you call... Scott H VW air cooled 3 May 21st 05 03:29 PM
Close call!!! Johnny Mc Corvette 6 March 22nd 05 05:19 PM
A call to pen James Hilins Jeep 0 February 16th 05 12:20 PM