Back To N2003

Old September 5th 05, 07:19 PM
David G Fisher

Default Back To N2003

After hearing a few of the complaints here at ras and RSC, I've decided to
dump rFactor and go back to N2003/N2002/N4.

A sim with the same real car on the same two real RC tracks is all anyone
should need......year......after year.....after year......
--
David G Fisher

Old September 5th 05, 07:45 PM
Dave Henrie

"David G Fisher" > wrote in
:

> After hearing a few of the complaints here at ras and RSC, I've
> decided to dump rFactor and go back to N2003/N2002/N4.
>
> A sim with the same real car on the same two real RC tracks is all
> anyone should need......year......after year.....after year......
> --
> David G Fisher

I'm with you DGF. But now we have to fight over which of the two tracks
to drive at.(notice I avoided the term race due to your superiority
ontrack)

dh
Old September 5th 05, 09:42 PM
Jan Verschueren

"David G Fisher" wrote...
> After hearing a few of the complaints here at ras and RSC, I've decided
> to dump rFactor and go back to N2003/N2002/N4.

Wise choice.

> A sim with the same real car on the same two real RC tracks is all
> anyone should need......year......after year.....after year......

It helps if you run the ovals too. More diversity...

But, all kidding aside, yes: I'll happily continue running GPL and NR2003 as
long as there are likeminded drivers to compete against.

Jan.
=---

Old September 6th 05, 02:14 AM
Alan Bernardo

"David G Fisher" > wrote in message
> After hearing a few of the complaints here at ras and RSC, I've decided to
> dump rFactor and go back to N2003/N2002/N4.

I have no complaints about rFactor. In fact, I like the game. People
expect too much and whine too much. The very fact that some people
preferred LFS S2's AI to rFactor only shows that many folks know little of
what they are talking about.

rFactor is not perfect, and if anyone expected it to be then they should be
living in a dream world.

That the game was rushed, I'd have to say, possibly. Once the mods start
coming in and all then the game will improve. N2003 is a fine game, but
racing stock cars is not my cup o' tea. I prefer open-wheeled.

> A sim with the same real car on the same two real RC tracks is all anyone
> should need......year......after year.....after year......
> --
> David G Fisher

I seriously do not think the cars in N2003 are real, nor are the tracks, are
they?

Alanb

Old September 6th 05, 02:46 AM
jason moyer

David G Fisher wrote:

> A sim with the same real car on the same two real RC tracks is all anyone
> should need......year......after year.....after year......

There's really no need for trolling. Maybe there are people here who
are being blatantly assanine about rfactor, but *I* sure as hell
wouldn't redirect my dislike of a game onto the people who enjoy it.

Also, N2003 has 8 separate physics models last time I checked.
Granted, I only use 4 of them on a regular basis.

Old September 6th 05, 02:59 AM
jason moyer

Yeah, I also missed the part about 2 tracks. Here's the way my copy of
NASCAR 2003 is currently setup:

I can race these cars:

Sauber C9
Jaguar XJR-9
Toyota CV88
Mazda 787B

On these tracks during daytime or night (of course there are 100's
more, but these are my favorites for quality, accuracy, and personal
interest - as well as for being active, modern circuits):

Barber Motorsports Park
Daytona
Laguna Seca
Lime Rock Park
Lime Rock Park (Chicane)
Magny Cours
Mosport
Phillip Island
Portland
Pukekohe
Sears Point
Sebring
Shangai
Silverstone
Spa
Suzuka
Trois-Rivieres
Road Atlanta
Watkins Glen
Watkins Glen (Short/Chicane)

And I can do this against 42 other humans on a co-located server with a
modest amount of bandwidth. Using physics that sportscar drivers who I
personally admire have anonymously praised for their "feel".

Unless the number of available tracks for F1C have changed in the last
3 months, there are far more tracks available for NASCAR 2003 and for
the most part they are of vastly superior quality (not necessarily
accuracy, I don't think many tracks in either sim are particularly
accurate).

Just my opinion, not a personal flame. Lots of people love F1C and
RFactor and I respect that, I just have fairly clear, non fan-boy
reasons for not liking them...and trust me, I've tried. I just
reinstalled F1C, V8SC, SCC, PTC, WSGT, RH99/03/04, F1-95 for about the
8th time this year in order to try and enjoy them and they just don't
do it for me (I do think V8SC is an incredible piece of work however).
If I didn't get horrible stutter in the GTR demo (no idea why - it's
not present in any other ISI title, the rfactor demo, or GTL) I'd
probably buy it and try to give it a chance.

Old September 6th 05, 04:07 AM
David G Fisher

"jason moyer" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> David G Fisher wrote:
>
>> A sim with the same real car on the same two real RC tracks is all anyone
>> should need......year......after year.....after year......

> There's really no need for trolling. Maybe there are people here who
> are being blatantly assanine about rfactor, but *I* sure as hell
> wouldn't redirect my dislike of a game onto the people who enjoy it.
>
> Also, N2003 has 8 separate physics models last time I checked.
> Granted, I only use 4 of them on a regular basis.

The point I was making (thought it was obvious) is that some are complaining
that the game shipped from the developer without real tracks and cars.

For RC drivers, the Papy series had only one real car and just two (the same
tracks) in at least three straight releases.

So much variety.....

Anyway, Z in rFactor is an Audi, the trainer is one of these
http://www.skipbarber.com/default.aspx and the Howston is an Aston Martin.
Whether it says so on the skin is irrelevant to me.

--
David G Fisher

Old September 6th 05, 04:22 AM
jason moyer

David G Fisher wrote:

> Whether it says so on the skin is irrelevant to me.

I agree.

I have no problems driving unlicensed cars, obviously, as I love GTP
1.1, aside from wishing the Toyota 88CV/Mazda 787B would be replaced by
a Porsche 962/Nissan ZX-T combo, so we'd have the 4 dominant cars from
1988, and maybe my 4 favorites ever from that class.

What I do care about is licensed tracks. I've posted it here before,
but I think a really good compromise in regards to licensing would be
professionally modelled and fully licensed tracks coupled with "fake"
real cars. I have a suspicion that's the direction Kaemmer may go in,
or at least (as a fan) that's what I hope. Fake Barber Dodges zooming
around a Papy-quality Watkins Glen or PWF-quality Mosport would make me
much happier than racing real ones around fictional tracks. I'm being
snotty, but having real, accurate tracks is one of the things I
absolutely require in a circuit-based sim, on par with physics that
have a good "feel" and more important than any other factor, even
AI/multiplayer/interface/etc. I'm more interested in feeling like I'm
racing a car, whatever formula/make/model, around Road America than
racing a Corvette around DigiRing v3.1.

Old September 6th 05, 04:53 AM
Dave Henrie

"jason moyer" > wrote in news:1125976957.657322.19200
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

> I have no problems driving unlicensed cars, obviously, as I love GTP
> 1.1, aside from wishing the Toyota 88CV/Mazda 787B would be replaced by
> a Porsche 962/Nissan ZX-T combo, so we'd have the 4 dominant cars from
> 1988, and maybe my 4 favorites ever from that class.

Jason did you ever look into the Group C mod for F1c? That has Mazda,
and Porches and Jags and AAR EAgles and Neesans and some I've never heard
of.
3 service paks full of Group C / Imsa cars and more on the way with SP4.
Each with it's own physics and characteristics.
dave henrie
Old September 6th 05, 04:58 AM
jason moyer

Dave Henrie wrote:

> Jason did you ever look into the Group C mod for F1c?

Yeah. The tracks and cars are really well modelled, but I'm not
impressed with the driving. It's a really awesome 3-d car museum
tho.