More on the bailout

Old December 20th 08, 06:29 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda
CharlesTheCurmudgeon[_2_]

Default More on the bailout

"Mike Hunter" <mikehunt2@lycos/com> wrote in message
> You mean like making the bigger more powerful cars trucks and SUVs that
> American buyers WANTED to buy so they outsold ALL of the import brands,
> who also started to make the bigger more powerful cars trucks and SUVs
> that American buyers WANTED to buy, over the past ten years of so that is
> also now doing in the imports?
>

> Detroit's "best" hope is a forced bankruptcy reorganization to change
> the outdated and lethal mindset that has done them in.

If that's the America you live in, Mike, your America deserves another Great
Depression. And the Detroit-3 deserve to go belly up.

Sir Charles the Curmudgeon

Old December 20th 08, 06:54 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Gosi

On 20 Dec, 17:56, Jim Higgins > wrote:
> On Dec 20, 8:25*am, "Rock Hardson" > wrote:
>
> >http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...08/12/19/AR200...

> > I suspect once the US auto industry gets on a level field the foriegn
> > companies may be in for an ass kicking.

> The Detroit mindset of looking no further than about the next quarter
> or two will not be changed by the bailout. *The Japanese have accepted
> near term losses for long term gain, an idea that is anathema to the
> Detroit 3 (*not* the Big Three anymore). *Detroit is not too big to
> fail:
>
> Why Detroit Is Not Too Big to Failhttp://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1867847,00.html
>
> The Remains of Detroit (slideshow)http://www.time.com/time/photogaller...810098,00.html
>
> Detroit's "best" hope is a forced bankruptcy reorganization to change
> the outdated and lethal mindset that has done them in.

A slow death is what is being processed.
An ordered C7 is under way.
GM is so bloody big that it needs to be closed down in parts.
The cost of closing is being sent to the taxpayers.
The question of interest is if any more cars people do not want need
to be built.
There is a huge surplus out there already.
It will be interesting what comes after the collaps.
Old December 20th 08, 07:30 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Rock Hardson

"CharlesTheCurmudgeon" > wrote in message

> "Rock Hardson" > wrote in message
> .com...
>> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=topnews
>>
>> I suspect once the US auto industry gets on a level field the foriegn
>> companies may be in for an ass kicking.
>>

> Sorry, you are WRONG. US auto makers do not encourage the culture of
> quality that the Japanese auto makers embraced about 50 years ago. Until
> the American automakers demonstrate they are truly commited to quality and
> not just dependent on whether the head of the company is commited to
> quality or not, there's not only going to not be a level playing field,
> there's not gong to be any play.
>
> And since you are obviously a UAW shill, you go plonk in the night.
>
> Sir Charles the Curmudgeon
> Friends don't let friends vote Democrat.

Now how would you actually know I am wrong? Or is that just more wishful
thinking to see American industry go down the drain. What a bunch of
traitors the US is producing. I just hope another war doesnt break out with
Japan or Germany then we would really be in trouble with traitors. We would
be like sitting ducks with no Industry. What would you do then try and buy
war vehicles from japan and germany? Idiots are like sitting ducks.

Old December 20th 08, 07:36 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Rock Hardson

"CharlesTheCurmudgeon" > wrote in message

> "Rock Hardson" > wrote in message
> .com...
>> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=topnews
>>
>> I suspect once the US auto industry gets on a level field the foriegn
>> companies may be in for an ass kicking.
>>

> Sorry, you are WRONG. US auto makers do not encourage the culture of
> quality that the Japanese auto makers embraced about 50 years ago. Until
> the American automakers demonstrate they are truly commited to quality and
> not just dependent on whether the head of the company is commited to
> quality or not, there's not only going to not be a level playing field,
> there's not gong to be any play.
>
> And since you are obviously a UAW shill, you go plonk in the night.
>
> Sir Charles the Curmudgeon
> Friends don't let friends vote Democrat.

By the way I have never worked for the union in my life nor do I or even
have any family members who have ever that I know of paid union dues. So I
have no link to them other than as Americans. What is your link to America
other than supporting a measly $14 an hour worker who helps put together
your prized japanese car. The bulk of your money ends up in japan, your link
and real alliance.

Old December 20th 08, 07:38 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Rock Hardson

http://www.time.com/time/business/ar...867847,00.html

The Remains of Detroit (slideshow)
http://www.time.com/time/photogaller...810098,00.html

Detroit's "best" hope is a forced bankruptcy reorganization to change
the outdated and lethal mindset that has done them in.

Another big mouth who prays for the demise of American big industry. Tell
your grand kids about it when the US becomes another 3rd world that can't
sustain itself by just pushing paper around.

Old December 20th 08, 07:45 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Rock Hardson

"Gosi" > wrote in message
On 20 Dec, 17:56, Jim Higgins > wrote:
> On Dec 20, 8:25 am, "Rock Hardson" > wrote:
>
> >http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...08/12/19/AR200...

> > I suspect once the US auto industry gets on a level field the foriegn
> > companies may be in for an ass kicking.

> The Detroit mindset of looking no further than about the next quarter
> or two will not be changed by the bailout. The Japanese have accepted
> near term losses for long term gain, an idea that is anathema to the
> Detroit 3 (*not* the Big Three anymore). Detroit is not too big to
> fail:
>
> Why Detroit Is Not Too Big to
> Failhttp://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1867847,00.html
>
> The Remains of Detroit
> (slideshow)http://www.time.com/time/photogaller...810098,00.html
>
> Detroit's "best" hope is a forced bankruptcy reorganization to change
> the outdated and lethal mindset that has done them in.

A slow death is what is being processed.
An ordered C7 is under way.
GM is so bloody big that it needs to be closed down in parts.
The cost of closing is being sent to the taxpayers.
The question of interest is if any more cars people do not want need
to be built.
There is a huge surplus out there already.
It will be interesting what comes after the collaps.

Could it be that all your wishes will finally come true? Millions of
Americans jobless or making just $14 and hour, more foreclosures, more
applying for welfare being paid by your taxes, the corner hot dog stands and
other stores that supported factory workers and suppliers will be out of a
job, and from Pa. to Ohio to Michigan will be in a state of economic
disaster that could easily trickle across that country. You would really
love to see that. What do you care as long as the Japanese are fat and
happy.

Old December 20th 08, 08:27 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Gosi

On 20 Dec, 19:45, "Rock Hardson" > wrote:
> "Gosi" > wrote in message

> On 20 Dec, 17:56, Jim Higgins > wrote:
>

> > On Dec 20, 8:25 am, "Rock Hardson" > wrote:

> > >http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...08/12/19/AR200....

> > > I suspect once the US auto industry gets on a level field the foriegn
> > > companies may be in for an ass kicking.

> > The Detroit mindset of looking no further than about the next quarter
> > or two will not be changed by the bailout. The Japanese have accepted
> > near term losses for long term gain, an idea that is anathema to the
> > Detroit 3 (*not* the Big Three anymore). Detroit is not too big to
> > fail:

> > Why Detroit Is Not Too Big to
> > Failhttp://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1867847,00.html

> > The Remains of Detroit
> > (slideshow)http://www.time.com/time/photogaller...810098,00.html

> > Detroit's "best" hope is a forced bankruptcy reorganization to change
> > the outdated and lethal mindset that has done them in.

> A slow death is what is being processed.
> An ordered C7 is under way.
> GM is so bloody big that it needs to be closed down in parts.
> The cost of closing is being sent to the taxpayers.
> The question of interest is if any more cars people do not want need
> to be built.
> There is a huge surplus out there already.
> It will be interesting what comes after the collaps.
>
> Could it be that all your wishes will finally come true? Millions of
> Americans jobless or making just $14 and hour, more foreclosures, more
> applying for welfare being paid by your taxes, the corner hot dog stands and
> other stores that supported factory workers and suppliers will be out of a
> job, and *from Pa. to Ohio to Michigan will be in a state of economic
> disaster that could easily trickle across that country. You would really
> love to see that. What do you care as long as the Japanese are fat and
> happy.

It is not my fault that GM has been stupid for decades and in a slow
death spiral.
I am merely an observer and I have known for years what mistakes
management of GM is making.
By the same token it surely is not my doing nor wish coming true now
that GM is dead.
GM has been making crappy products for ages and have been able to turn
the tide for years but now it is too late.
If anyone believes it has anything to do with my they give me more
credit than it is due to me.
I could have saved GM many times over a long time ago.
I still could given the means but I do not see anyone asking me to do
so.
I could not care less actually I just find it amusing to watch this
happening as predicted.
The stupid management of GM met the most stupid president in history
and got him to give out taxpayers money.
How stupid does that make the general public I am sure you have worked
out by now and that is why you are so angry.

Old December 21st 08, 03:28 AM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Mike Marlow[_1_]

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 10:54:35 -0800 (PST), Gosi cast forth these pearls of
wisdom...:

> A slow death is what is being processed.
> An ordered C7 is under way.
> GM is so bloody big that it needs to be closed down in parts.
> The cost of closing is being sent to the taxpayers.
> The question of interest is if any more cars people do not want need
> to be built.
> There is a huge surplus out there already.
> It will be interesting what comes after the collaps.

It's too bad you are not half as smart as you are prolific. You can
certainly spout, but man, you make an ass of yourself every time you do.

--

-Mike-

Old December 21st 08, 04:51 AM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Art[_1_]

Unfortunately the bigger problem is the pension owed retired workers.
Toyota and Honda don't have similar cost issues.

Old December 21st 08, 04:58 AM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Rock Hardson

"Gosi" > wrote in message
On 20 Dec, 19:45, "Rock Hardson" > wrote:
> "Gosi" > wrote in message

> On 20 Dec, 17:56, Jim Higgins > wrote:
>

> > On Dec 20, 8:25 am, "Rock Hardson" > wrote:

> > >http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...08/12/19/AR200...

> > > I suspect once the US auto industry gets on a level field the foriegn
> > > companies may be in for an ass kicking.

> > The Detroit mindset of looking no further than about the next quarter
> > or two will not be changed by the bailout. The Japanese have accepted
> > near term losses for long term gain, an idea that is anathema to the
> > Detroit 3 (*not* the Big Three anymore). Detroit is not too big to
> > fail:

> > Why Detroit Is Not Too Big to
> > Failhttp://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1867847,00.html

> > The Remains of Detroit
> > (slideshow)http://www.time.com/time/photogaller...810098,00.html

> > Detroit's "best" hope is a forced bankruptcy reorganization to change
> > the outdated and lethal mindset that has done them in.

> A slow death is what is being processed.
> An ordered C7 is under way.
> GM is so bloody big that it needs to be closed down in parts.
> The cost of closing is being sent to the taxpayers.
> The question of interest is if any more cars people do not want need
> to be built.
> There is a huge surplus out there already.
> It will be interesting what comes after the collaps.
>
> Could it be that all your wishes will finally come true? Millions of
> Americans jobless or making just $14 and hour, more foreclosures, more
> applying for welfare being paid by your taxes, the corner hot dog stands
> and
> other stores that supported factory workers and suppliers will be out of a
> job, and from Pa. to Ohio to Michigan will be in a state of economic
> disaster that could easily trickle across that country. You would really
> love to see that. What do you care as long as the Japanese are fat and
> happy.

It is not my fault that GM has been stupid for decades and in a slow
death spiral.

And its not my fault that you were born, but what does that have to do with
it?

I am merely an observer and I have known for years what mistakes
management of GM is making.
By the same token it surely is not my doing nor wish coming true now
that GM is dead.

In looking at your post your propaganda goes back what seems like forever
for the hatred of the US industry.

GM has been making crappy products for ages and have been able to turn
the tide for years but now it is too late.
If anyone believes it has anything to do with my they give me more
credit than it is due to me.
I could have saved GM many times over a long time ago.
I still could given the means but I do not see anyone asking me to do
so.
I could not care less actually I just find it amusing to watch this
happening as predicted.
The stupid management of GM met the most stupid president in history
and got him to give out taxpayers money.
How stupid does that make the general public I am sure you have worked
out by now and that is why you are so angry.

Gosi in looking at your posts here many of your comments have no credibility
whatsover. It just amazes me how you claim you can see the future of
American industry failure, yet you can't see the repercussions. Yet you also
say it is amusing.