Drivers mirror question 06 mx5

Old July 16th 09, 06:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Wendy

Default Drivers mirror question 06 mx5

Hello. The drivers side mirror on my wifes 06 MX-5 was broken at the store
the other day. The mirror is intact, not broken off the body, but the glass
part is loose inside the housing. The mirror motor can move it up and down,
but not side to side. You can manually move it (the glass) side to side, it
is loose like someone pushed in on the mirror until the gears broke.

Is there an easy way to get this fixed without replacing the whole mirror?
Can you recommend a place to purchase the parts sans the dealer?

Thank you.

Old July 16th 09, 08:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

"Wendy" > wrote:

> Hello. The drivers side mirror on my wifes 06 MX-5 was broken at
> the store the other day. The mirror is intact, not broken off the
> body, but the glass part is loose inside the housing. The mirror
> motor can move it up and down, but not side to side. You can
> manually move it (the glass) side to side, it is loose like
> someone pushed in on the mirror until the gears broke.
>
> Is there an easy way to get this fixed without replacing the whole
> mirror? Can you recommend a place to purchase the parts sans the
> dealer?

Look at prices for the whole mirror on Ebay, you might find one.

The Usenet Improvement Project:
http://improve-usenet.org

Drivers side Mirror Remove? [email protected] Saturn 3 December 11th 06 12:13 AM
Drivers door mirror glass SteveG BMW 4 August 22nd 05 07:35 PM
Drivers mirror Auldman Audi 1 August 11th 05 02:15 PM
Drivers mirror Auldman Audi 1 August 10th 05 10:34 PM
Oops, 155 needs new mirror for drivers side (RHD) SteveH Alfa Romeo 0 July 21st 04 11:10 PM