6th gear change 2005 MazdaSpeed?

Old July 15th 09, 06:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chuck[_13_]

Default 6th gear change 2005 MazdaSpeed?

So would I. One of the problems is that the Miata speedometer and tachometer
often are set from the factory to over read.
In the process of doing a bunch of mods on my 99, we reset the speedometer
and tachometer to be as acurate as we could.
The speedometer now overreads by about 1 to 1.5 mi at 60 to 70 mph, and the
tach about 150 rpm at readline. (My Garmin marine GPS and other instruments
that can read the ECU digital output only read in one mph increments.) (I
can change the rep rate on the marine unit, unlike the inexpensive
automotive GPS units.
The re "calibration" was done after the 5th gear change, and I did not
(oops) record the values before we readjusted things.
What I remember was that the speedometer was originally set by the factory
right at the 5% high limit for 70 mph. I believe, but cannot swear to the
tach before "calibration" was off in a similar manner at readline. (~350-375
rpm)