2002 4-Door 6 cyl. Explorer

Old May 25th 06, 05:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Default 2002 4-Door 6 cyl. Explorer

My explorer came used without any of the tire changing items. What is
the best way to get them replaced? Junkyard, generic replacement or
dealer? Jack, lug wrench, tire lowering tool, etc..

Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance
Old May 25th 06, 06:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Not wanting to be ignorant (but failing miserably) where did you look for
them?

FWIW, a cross lug wrench is good for the nust but stores poorly. A small
bottle jack can serve other purposes around the yard/house but will require
you to crawl under the car to use properly.... "New" prices on any of this
stuff can result in sticker shock and/or heart failure....

.. .

Old May 25th 06, 07:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Jim Warman wrote:
> Not wanting to be ignorant (but failing miserably) where did you look for
> them?
>
> FWIW, a cross lug wrench is good for the nust but stores poorly. A small
> bottle jack can serve other purposes around the yard/house but will require
> you to crawl under the car to use properly.... "New" prices on any of this
> stuff can result in sticker shock and/or heart failure....
>

> "VJF" > wrote in message
> .. .
>> My explorer came used without any of the tire changing items. What is the
>> best way to get them replaced? Junkyard, generic replacement or dealer?
>> Jack, lug wrench, tire lowering tool, etc..
>>
>> Any help would be much appreciated.
>>
>> thanks in advance

I went to the manual and checked in the inside rear in 2 flush
compartments in the floor. Both were empty. I fear that without the
tools I wont even be able to lower the spare down to use any other tools
I might purchase.