I was trying not to expect too much from rF2, but...

Old March 26th 11, 07:36 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andrew MacPherson[_2_]

Default I was trying not to expect too much from rF2, but...

....now I appear to have got a little bit excited. That's not good for me. It messes
with my naturally pessimistic hormone levels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDyHA...layer_embedded

All that remains to be seen is how well they can translate this work into that
elusive "feel" through your wheel. I think I shall allow myself to be more
optimistic than I was before.

http://www.virtualr.net/rfactor-2-ne...view-video-qa/

Andrew McP

PS Visually it's not spectacular, but in another VirtualR post there's talk of the
work on post processing still to be done. That should bring it a little more up to
date, visually.... though I'm not too bothered as long as they manage to get close
to iRacing & NKPro in terms of satisfying ride.

PPS Why do F1 cars have to get uglier every year? Those silly-small wings this
season are horrible.
Old March 26th 11, 07:43 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andrew MacPherson[_2_]

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.ph...-Developer-Q-A

Lots of good stuff. iRacing style 3 screen support, physics on a separate thread,
and much more.

Andrew McP
Old March 26th 11, 07:59 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andrew MacPherson[_2_]

(Andrew MacPherson) wrote:

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.ph...-Developer-Q-A

There's lots of good stuff in that thread (and a few disappointments for many, I
suspect). But this is my favourite staff quote so far...

"I do NOT underestimate the need for strong AI as I love to just jump in the game,
set up a race and go. I can honestly say that I enjoy racing against the AI
now--they're at least as good now as a better than average online group"

Andrew McP

Old March 26th 11, 08:49 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Lou

"Andrew MacPherson" > wrote in
message ...
> ...now I appear to have got a little bit excited. That's not
> good for me. It messes
> with my naturally pessimistic hormone levels.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDyHA...layer_embedded
>
> All that remains to be seen is how well they can translate this
> work into that
> elusive "feel" through your wheel. I think I shall allow myself
> to be more
> optimistic than I was before.
>
> http://www.virtualr.net/rfactor-2-ne...view-video-qa/
>
> Andrew McP
>
> PS Visually it's not spectacular, but in another VirtualR post
> there's talk of the
> work on post processing still to be done. That should bring it
> a little more up to
> date, visually.... though I'm not too bothered as long as they
> manage to get close
> to iRacing & NKPro in terms of satisfying ride.
>
> PPS Why do F1 cars have to get uglier every year? Those
> silly-small wings this
> season are horrible.

These days I usually just have time to play a quick game on the
PC and don't do multiplayer, so no iRacing. I want a good sim
racer (real race car feel) with good AI for single player. I
would rather they work on the AI than the visuals. Hopefully
rFactor can deliver.

Yes the the F1 cars look a bit goofy with their disproportionate
wings. I always thought IRL (Indy cars) look odd with their long
stretched out pointed noses.

The rules on the movable rear wing are goofy also. One rule is
that if any car goes on track with intermediate tires, then
nobody can put the wing in the up position.
Actually a lot of FIA rules are goofy, but that in its self makes
F1 entertaining sometimes.

Old March 26th 11, 08:51 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Lou

"Andrew MacPherson" > wrote in
message ...
> http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.ph...-Developer-Q-A
>
> Lots of good stuff. iRacing style 3 screen support, physics on
> a separate thread,
> and much more.
>
> Andrew McP

Sounds good. I use Eyfinity with three screens.

Old March 29th 11, 02:20 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Uwe

On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 06:36 +0000 (GMT Standard Time), Andrew MacPherson wrote:

> PPS Why do F1 cars have to get uglier every year? Those silly-small wings this
> season are horrible.

Well at least they got rid of that stupid vertical plane behind the
cockpit... I've sort of gotten used to that shopping trolley look, but
never could bring myself to overlook the this butt ugly fin most teams
put on their cars.

I'm also quite excited about rF2...

Uwe
Old March 29th 11, 03:34 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
PlowBoy[_3_]

So since I didn't have time to surf, when is it out?

Or is it out?

My iRacing sub ends June... trying to prep for cold turkey... Unless there
is forthcomming a 30% off for members of course, :>

Old March 30th 11, 12:30 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Uwe

On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 09:34:12 -0500, PlowBoy wrote:
> So since I didn't have time to surf, when is it out?
>
> Or is it out?

rF2 isn't out yet.

My guess (totally uneducated) would be sometime this year, around
summer or early autumn.
Hoover

Old March 31st 11, 02:08 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andrew MacPherson[_2_]

(PlowBoy) wrote:

> So since I didn't have time to surf, when is it out?

I've been away for a few days so you'll have probably been able to research this
already, but my current best guesstimate for rF2's release is some time just after
Fukushima becomes a tourist destination. :->

It wouldn't surprise me if they went all the way to next Xmas, because it seems to
me that they still have a lot of work to do polishing things for release. They may
cut a few corners to lance the boil of impatience, but I'd rather they waited to
avoid too many release issues.

On the other hand if they want to release it tomorrow I'll happily buy it,
especially if the AI's up and running satisfactorily.

I was going to buy Shift2, but the early reviews seem to show that -- as we
suspected -- it was only ever going to be Shift1 with a bit of spit, polish, and
night racing.

I want it, I just don't want it at full price. Especially as I have Cliffs of Dover
downloading in the background!

Speaking of rushed releases, there are some very mixed messages floating around
about this long awaited title too. Disappointment appears to be a big theme this
week, what with Crysis2, Shift2, and potentially this too.

Still, shooting Jerry down into the English Channel is always entertaining, no
matter what other problems there may be.

Andrew McP

rF2 Screenies Uwe Simulators 15 April 28th 10 05:10 PM
What to expect Miss Ford Explorer 0 June 7th 05 11:55 PM
What can I expect from a 2002 SL1? janus Saturn 5 February 9th 05 04:54 AM
it can irritate lazy goldsmiths, do you expect them Andrew P. Hancock Technology 0 January 14th 05 11:39 PM
we expect the rich envelope Detestable Netizen Technology 0 January 14th 05 11:24 PM