cj5 rear brake (drum) parking/emergency brake lever

Old March 23rd 10, 03:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
csdude

Default cj5 rear brake (drum) parking/emergency brake lever

Hi Bill,

that picture is of the driver's side, right? (I think I can see one of
the front wheels).

The thing I wonder about, I did when I put it together, is if I have
the correct emergency brake lever in there.
On the driver side the cable slipped in th eright way. in the
passenger side the parking brake lever seemed odd because it didn't
seem to securely hold the cable. On both sids the cable comes in from
the front, so the levers need to be in the back, correct?

It looks like the weather is going to be decent enough to crawl on the
floor and take it apart.

What I'll do is post a pic of the assembled drum brake hardware, so
that I can get a 2nd etc opinion.

Ron

On Mar 23, 3:03*am, "L.W.\(Bill\) Hughes III"