A lap around "The Ring"

Old March 13th 05, 02:26 PM
Steve Smith

Yep. Dead as a box of hair.

Old March 13th 05, 02:28 PM
Jan Verschueren

"R.D.S." wrote...
> Check it out, Awesome lap around the Nurburgring
> with Hans Stuck
> <link snipped>

Wow, Strietzel was really "on it" for that one. Looks like he enjoyed it
too. ;-)

Jan.
=---

Old March 13th 05, 02:32 PM
Jan Verschueren

"Steve Smith" wrote...
> Yep. Dead as a box of hair.

This one, though a little convoluted, works. Be sure to read the download
instructions in the post.

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showth...&page=22&pp=20

Jan.
=---

Old March 13th 05, 04:18 PM
Robin Lord

> If I just time it from about the starting line of the Nordschleife
> to where he exits it, and add about 5 seconds for the part
> he didn't do (the last R hand turn to the start), I get about
> 6:55.

And thats still 44 seconds off Stephan Bellof's lap record of 6:11 in a 956!

Robin

Old March 13th 05, 05:20 PM
Mitch_A

Awesome.

To all of you that thougth the head movement and the gear whine were over
done in GTR just watch this. Looks to me as Simbin was spot on.

My copy of GTR should be here tomorrow woohoo.

Mitch

Old March 13th 05, 05:24 PM
Mitch_A

Yea Ted he passed em like they werent trying or something. The guy on the
long straight looked to be in first gear.

Mitch.

Old March 13th 05, 05:32 PM
Ronald Stoehr

EL wrote:
> The link is dead.

Well, so is his marketing effort for GT4...

Old March 13th 05, 07:41 PM
JP

"R.D.S." > wrote in message
> Check it out, Awesome lap around the Nurburgring with Hans Stuck
>
> http://www.dgtalpimp.com/m3_gtr_nurburgring.wmv

Cool stuff, thanks.

Old March 13th 05, 08:10 PM
Robin Lord

> "The reason the other cars look so slow is because they are.
> That's the original Nurburgring in Germany.
> Anyone with a few dollars can drive their street car around the famous
> 14 mile course. If you look at the cars that Hans Stuck is passing they
> have a large number on them. that is their identifying number for their
> session (not a racing number).

You have no such number on a pubilc day/session (touristfahren)

> There are no speed limits on the course.

Again not true during touristfahren

> You can also rent Porsches, Mercedes and Bmw's to drive around the
> course.
>
> They no longer use the orignal 14 mile course for racing. they built a
> shorter and safer course for modern racing venues.

It's still used for some racing (VLN and the 24hr race)

> If you think that video was good, you need to find a copy of "IN CAR
> 956" Showcasing the late 80's GTP prototypes. Lots of great footage from
> in car video of this track at over 200 MPH."

Great vid - but its _early_ 80's cars (1983?)

The GTR video was perhaps taken from, the qualifying session from the 24hr
race? http://adac.24h-rennen.de/
There are many different classes of car - hence why some are much slower,
and they're not all necessarily going flat out, some may be on in or out
laps

If you liked the video, perhaps you should go buy the DVD from
http://renn.tv/shop/ (or one of the others I think this ones out of stock
now) They do it for the love of it in their spare time and dont make a
single euro out of the business - every thing is ploughed back in to make
better videos available in the future

Robin

"Al Qaeda" does not exist Awake BMW 64 March 10th 05 12:25 PM
99 Cobra cracked ring cgun Ford Mustang 10 February 22nd 05 05:33 PM
Anyone heard the new NFL Ring tones? [email protected] Driving 4 January 11th 05 02:40 PM
cause of broken ring gear teeth RLGIRSCH 4x4 0 October 11th 04 09:05 PM