help with clutch disengage issue please?

Old May 18th 06, 09:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default help with clutch disengage issue please?

how do i check hight and throwout travel?

Old May 19th 06, 01:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

On Thu, 18 May 2006 20:03:50 GMT, "Carjunky via CarKB.com"
<u21895@uwe> wrote:

>how do i check hight and throwout travel?

Fron travel you measue the stroke of the slave cylinder when pedeal is
depressed one time. For hieght, you measure how high the throughout
bearing collar ring on pressure plate is from flywheel when it is bolt
to it (if you have acces to old clutch and pressure plate you can
compare this)
-----------------
The SnoMan
www.thesnoman.com
Old May 19th 06, 02:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

SnoMan wrote:
>>how do i check hight and throwout travel?

>Fron travel you measue the stroke of the slave cylinder when pedeal is
>depressed one time. For hieght, you measure how high the throughout
>bearing collar ring on pressure plate is from flywheel when it is bolt
>to it (if you have acces to old clutch and pressure plate you can
>compare this)
>-----------------
>The SnoMan
>www.thesnoman.com

The height on the new pressure plate is slightly more, i believe this is just
between manufacture. What are the correct bolt torque for the presure plate?
thank you

Old May 19th 06, 04:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

On Fri, 19 May 2006 13:56:15 GMT, "Carjunky via CarKB.com"
<u21895@uwe> wrote:

>The height on the new pressure plate is slightly more, i believe this is just
>between manufacture

This is not good, it should be less because with a new clutch disc the
plate will be retracted more before you disengage it. (this height
increases as clutchs wear so it should start out lower) Height
"should" be the same or less than old one. I do not have torque spec
handy but I can dig it up if need but usually it is in the range 35 to
50 ft lbs depending on bolt size.
-----------------
The SnoMan
www.thesnoman.com
Old May 19th 06, 05:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

well let's make sure we got one thing straight first.the height is measured
up to the top of the fingers on the pressure plate that the throwout bearing
rides on, right?

Old May 19th 06, 06:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Specifying what i just said. The pressure plat laid face down, measured from
the ground to the top of the fingers, the new one is about 1/8" taller than
the old one.

Old May 19th 06, 09:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

On Fri, 19 May 2006 16:56:04 GMT, "Carjunky via CarKB.com"
<u21895@uwe> wrote:

>well let's make sure we got one thing straight first.the height is measured
>up to the top of the fingers on the pressure plate that the throwout bearing
>rides on, right?

Correct.
-----------------
The SnoMan
www.thesnoman.com
Old May 19th 06, 09:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

On Fri, 19 May 2006 17:09:44 GMT, "Carjunky via CarKB.com"
<u21895@uwe> wrote:

>Specifying what i just said. The pressure plat laid face down, measured from
>the ground to the top of the fingers, the new one is about 1/8" taller than
>the old one.

But is this mounted to flywheel or not (with clucth disc installed)
The SnoMan
www.thesnoman.com

new clutch slips :( [email protected] 4x4 13 August 5th 05 07:41 AM
new clutch slips :( [email protected] Technology 3 July 13th 05 08:19 PM
clutch won't disengage.. i think Sk8rgrrl22 Honda 3 March 14th 05 01:52 PM
Wrong Clutch Fork? Michael White Jeep 6 February 8th 05 03:33 AM
stuck caliper... Abeness Honda 113 December 7th 04 02:22 AM