help with clutch disengage issue please?

Old May 15th 06, 09:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default help with clutch disengage issue please?

I read a simular article about clutch not disengaging. I bought a 92 sl2 with
a blown engine, I replaced the engine and At the same time i replaced the
clutch. Now back together the clutch will not disengage.I took the slave
cylinder out and it pumps out with the pedal depressed. I am stumped to what
the problem is. When the engine was taken out the fork had come off the fork
ball stud and the clip fell out. I put it together the best i thought. Is it
possible if that is intalled incorectly that would happen? or any advice on
what to check/test to determine the problem?
Old May 15th 06, 10:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

On Mon, 15 May 2006 20:09:18 GMT, "Carjunky" <u21895@uwe> wrote:

>I read a simular article about clutch not disengaging. I bought a 92 sl2 with
>a blown engine, I replaced the engine and At the same time i replaced the
>clutch. Now back together the clutch will not disengage.I took the slave
>cylinder out and it pumps out with the pedal depressed. I am stumped to what
>the problem is. When the engine was taken out the fork had come off the fork
>ball stud and the clip fell out. I put it together the best i thought. Is it
>possible if that is intalled incorectly that would happen? or any advice on
>what to check/test to determine the problem?

If you installed the fork wrong, that would cause your problem.
-----------------
The SnoMan
www.thesnoman.com
Old May 15th 06, 10:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

i don't know that the fork was installed wrong. it is possible, is there
anyway to tell before removing the tranny? or other things i can test before?
let me know. thank you p.s. is it just that little clip that holds the
fork on the opp. of the slave?
Old May 16th 06, 01:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

On Mon, 15 May 2006 21:36:51 GMT, "Carjunky" <u21895@uwe> wrote:

>i don't know that the fork was installed wrong. it is possible, is there
>anyway to tell before removing the tranny? or other things i can test before?
>let me know. thank you p.s. is it just that little clip that holds the
>fork on the opp. of the slave?

Yes on the clip. On inspecting before you remove tranny. Check to make
sure slave is fully actuating the fork externally. It should move
around 5/8 to 3/4 of a inch.
-----------------
The SnoMan
www.thesnoman.com
Old May 16th 06, 06:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

So since i actually had not seen how the fork mounts to the ball stud, could
you explain to me how this mounts on. The clip is actually called a fork
retainer, and i beleive a rubber triangle deal called a fork stabalizer(how
is that installed relation to the fork? When the slave cylinder was intalled
on the tranny, it had some play in it like you could push it in farther and
wobble it side to side. i don't know if this is a problem or normal? I realy
appreciate the help, things are looking a little grim.

Old May 16th 06, 01:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

On Tue, 16 May 2006 05:18:28 GMT, "Carjunky via CarKB.com"
<u21895@uwe> wrote:

>So since i actually had not seen how the fork mounts to the ball stud, could
>you explain to me how this mounts on. The clip is actually called a fork
>retainer, and i beleive a rubber triangle deal called a fork stabalizer(how
>is that installed relation to the fork? When the slave cylinder was intalled
>on the tranny, it had some play in it like you could push it in farther and
>wobble it side to side. i don't know if this is a problem or normal? I realy
>appreciate the help, things are looking a little grim.

Basically with all manuals with that style fork, it rides on the ball
and the clip keeps it from falling off. The fact that you have a lot
of play tend to suggest that fork was improperly installed. Another
possibilty is that the wrong clutch and pressure plate (or throwout
bearing) was installed and it has a different height inside where
throwout bearing rides and causing the problem which linkage length
not being correct now. It is pretty mucha sure thing that you will
need to remove it again.
-----------------
The SnoMan
www.thesnoman.com
Old May 17th 06, 05:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Alright I have removed the tranny. The fork looks good, intalled correctly.
With out tension on the slave, but installed, there is play in the actual
slave where it mounts to the tranny. How do i determine if i got the right
kit from autozone by looking at it, measuring it? I am clueless at this point
to why the clutch did not release, any imput would be much appreciated, thank
you.

Old May 17th 06, 10:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

On Wed, 17 May 2006 16:26:07 GMT, "Carjunky via CarKB.com"
<u21895@uwe> wrote:

>Alright I have removed the tranny. The fork looks good, intalled correctly.
>With out tension on the slave, but installed, there is play in the actual
>slave where it mounts to the tranny. How do i determine if i got the right
>kit from autozone by looking at it, measuring it? I am clueless at this point
>to why the clutch did not release, any imput would be much appreciated, thank
>you.

Did you replace the slave cylinder too? Also did you replace throwout
bearing and clutch as well? (just trying to get a picture on how to
fix this)
-----------------
The SnoMan
www.thesnoman.com
Old May 18th 06, 01:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

>Did you replace the slave cylinder too? Also did you replace throwout
>bearing and clutch as well? (just trying to get a picture on how to
>fix this)
>-----------------
>The SnoMan
>www.thesnoman.com

The slave cyliinder had not been replaced. Also a clutch kit replaced,
w/throwout bearing. I did some research, the clutch fork stabilizer( little
plastic peice around stud) had been attached to the fork w/ the retainer clip.
Is this clear cut my problem? I don't know if that would do it or not. I
ordered a new one because it got bugered up, it will come friday.

Old May 18th 06, 01:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

On Thu, 18 May 2006 12:00:43 GMT, "Carjunky via CarKB.com"
<u21895@uwe> wrote:

>>Did you replace the slave cylinder too? Also did you replace throwout
>>bearing and clutch as well? (just trying to get a picture on how to
>>fix this)
>>-----------------
>>The SnoMan
>>www.thesnoman.com

>The slave cyliinder had not been replaced. Also a clutch kit replaced,
>w/throwout bearing. I did some research, the clutch fork stabilizer( little
>plastic peice around stud) had been attached to the fork w/ the retainer clip.
>Is this clear cut my problem? I don't know if that would do it or not. I
>ordered a new one because it got bugered up, it will come friday.

IF the plastic unit goes around the ball between it and fork, I would
say that it is likely your problem but make sure that the clutch
pressure plate if it was replace has the proper height and throwout
travel too.
The SnoMan
www.thesnoman.com

new clutch slips :( [email protected] 4x4 13 August 5th 05 07:41 AM
new clutch slips :( [email protected] Technology 3 July 13th 05 08:19 PM
clutch won't disengage.. i think Sk8rgrrl22 Honda 3 March 14th 05 12:52 PM
Wrong Clutch Fork? Michael White Jeep 6 February 8th 05 02:33 AM
stuck caliper... Abeness Honda 113 December 7th 04 01:22 AM