Synthetic oil in a Jag ?

Old August 13th 05, 05:59 PM
OICU812

Default Synthetic oil in a Jag ?

Wondering if this is even feasible or if there's any virtue
to using synthetic oil.

Jags are different when it comes to engine lube.....
they use 50wt as opposed to the usual 30wt oils.
(I don't know why..... that's just the standard)

Opinions?

rogerj

Old August 13th 05, 06:46 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005, OICU812 wrote:

> Wondering if this is even feasible or if there's any virtue to using
> synthetic oil. Jags are different when it comes to engine lube..... they
> use 50wt as opposed to the usual 30wt oils. (I don't know why.....

Easy: 50wt is thicker and therefore doesn't flow as easily through the
leaks.
Old August 13th 05, 06:56 PM
N8N

OICU812 wrote:
> Wondering if this is even feasible or if there's any virtue
> to using synthetic oil.
>
> Jags are different when it comes to engine lube.....
> they use 50wt as opposed to the usual 30wt oils.
> (I don't know why..... that's just the standard)
>
> Opinions?
>
> rogerj

Mobil 1 makes a 15W50...

nate

Old August 14th 05, 02:45 AM

On 2005-08-13 said:
>On Sat, 13 Aug 2005, OICU812 wrote:
>> Wondering if this is even feasible or if there's any virtue to
>>using synthetic oil. Jags are different when it comes to engine
>>lube..... they use 50wt as opposed to the usual 30wt oils. (I

>don't know why.....
>Easy: 50wt is thicker and therefore doesn't flow as easily through
>the leaks.

If you don't see a puddle on the ground, you've run out of oil...

Tom Willmon
near Mountainair, (mid) New Mexico, USA

Ya sai it won't fit? Blimey, Alf, get a bigger 'ammer!

Net-Tamer V 1.12.0 - Registered
Old August 14th 05, 10:28 PM
Huw

"OICU812" > wrote in message
> Wondering if this is even feasible or if there's any virtue
> to using synthetic oil.
>
> Jags are different when it comes to engine lube.....
> they use 50wt as opposed to the usual 30wt oils.
> (I don't know why..... that's just the standard)
>
> Opinions?
>
> rogerj

I'm sure mine used 5w/30 or 10w/30.
Yours must be an heirloom?

Huw

too late for synthetic? chibitul Honda 8 July 18th 05 05:24 AM
warman i am surprised you mix oil [email protected] Ford Mustang 5 May 8th 05 04:04 AM
full synthetic VW 505 01 in North America? Achim Nolcken Lohse VW water cooled 20 November 8th 04 07:41 AM
VW502.00 and Shell Rotella T Synthetic - the answer William Maslin VW water cooled 0 October 27th 04 10:06 PM
Question to those who use synthetic oil Joe Blo General 14 July 22nd 04 03:47 AM