Synthetic ATF

Old August 5th 05, 02:03 AM
Vinny

Default Synthetic ATF

I have 2 cars that are both due for a transmission filter/fluid
change. One is a Pontiac with 100K miles, the other a
Toyota with 60K miles.
I would like to use synthetic fluid since I've heard that it runs
cooler than normal fluid. But I've also heard that putting synthetic
AFT in a transmission that has run a lot of miles with regular
fluid can result in internal an external fluid leaks. The reasoning was
that synthetic fluid has better cleaning properties and actually washes
away dirt that is sealing potential leaks.
I'm not sure I buy this but I thought I'd ask the newsgroup. I don't want
to fry 2 perfectly good transmissions.

--
- Vinny -

too late for synthetic? chibitul Honda 8 July 18th 05 05:24 AM
warman i am surprised you mix oil [email protected] Ford Mustang 5 May 8th 05 04:04 AM
full synthetic VW 505 01 in North America? Achim Nolcken Lohse VW water cooled 20 November 8th 04 07:41 AM
VW502.00 and Shell Rotella T Synthetic - the answer William Maslin VW water cooled 0 October 27th 04 10:06 PM
Question to those who use synthetic oil Joe Blo General 14 July 22nd 04 03:47 AM