1987 VW Golf Oil Pressure Light

Old January 24th 13, 05:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Default 1987 VW Golf Oil Pressure Light

any chance you could get him to share his wiring mod?

Old February 13th 13, 01:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
tonyw

On Wednesday, January 23, 2013 8:06:33 PM UTC-8, wrote:
> any chance you could get him to share his wiring mod?

We had a similar symptom with an '85 Golf 1.8L gas. After replacing the oil pressure switch to no avail I tried heavier weight oil. I was running 10W-30 and switched to 10W-40. The higher viscosity at high temps did the trick.. No more buzzing. I'd try more viscous oil before a wiring mod.
Old February 15th 13, 06:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Rob[_28_]

On 13/02/2013 11:35 AM, tonyw wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 23, 2013 8:06:33 PM UTC-8, wrote:
>> any chance you could get him to share his wiring mod?

> We had a similar symptom with an '85 Golf 1.8L gas. After replacing the oil pressure switch to no avail I tried heavier weight oil. I was running 10W-30 and switched to 10W-40. The higher viscosity at high temps did the trick. No more buzzing. I'd try more viscous oil before a wiring mod.

And I would be screwing a manual gauge into the sender hole and look at
the actual pressure.

Oil Pressure Light Rainwalker Chrysler 9 February 26th 07 12:42 AM
oil pressure warning buzzer 90 golf DruG VW water cooled 1 June 13th 06 03:20 PM
OIL pressure Light joyce kieser Audi 5 May 12th 06 02:49 PM
Oil Pressure Light scsd094 Saturn 2 November 22nd 05 04:00 PM
When oil pressure warning light on how many quarts of oil do Ipour ? [email protected] Honda 2 January 16th 05 01:12 AM