Not a Jetta wagon to be found!

Old March 14th 12, 04:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Bert

Default Not a Jetta wagon to be found!

I wanted to replace my '02 Passat wagon last year and was disappointed
to find that VW's no longer importing it.

Now that I've finally decided that the Jetta wagon is a suitable
replacement, I find that there aren't any.

At the two local dealers I'd want to do business with, one has none, and
has none coming.

The other dealer has one on order, but doesn't expect it to arrive for
several months, if at all.

Neither found any in stock at any dealers in the region.

They each had a couple of TDIs, but for me diesel isn't a practical
option.

Guess I'll put my name on the list for the '13s when they come out this
summer.

--
St. Paul, MN
Old March 16th 12, 12:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
DogDiesel

"Bert" > wrote in message
. ..
>I wanted to replace my '02 Passat wagon last year and was disappointed
> to find that VW's no longer importing it.
>
> Now that I've finally decided that the Jetta wagon is a suitable
> replacement, I find that there aren't any.
>
> At the two local dealers I'd want to do business with, one has none, and
> has none coming.
>
> The other dealer has one on order, but doesn't expect it to arrive for
> several months, if at all.
>
> Neither found any in stock at any dealers in the region.
>
> They each had a couple of TDIs, but for me diesel isn't a practical
> option.
>
> Guess I'll put my name on the list for the '13s when they come out this
> summer.
>
> --
> St. Paul, MN

VW only brings excess production to the USA . Amongst other things they do.
To keep factories running at 100%.

Good Luck getting one.

Old March 16th 12, 06:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Bert

In "DogDiesel"
> wrote:

> VW only brings excess production to the USA .

Ah! That explains the new factory in Tennessee.

I wondered about that.

--
St. Paul, MN
Old March 17th 12, 11:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
DogDiesel

"Bert" > wrote in message
. ..
> In "DogDiesel"
> > wrote:
>
>> VW only brings excess production to the USA .

> Ah! That explains the new factory in Tennessee.
>
> I wondered about that.
>
> --
> St. Paul, MN

Don't be retarded. They export there cars to keep inventory low in the
US.

At last count, Volkswagen had sold 29,097 of the new-for-2012 Passat sedans
in the United States and 1961 in Canada, which means roughly 19,000 cars
were either sold outside of the U.S. and Canada, or are on dealer lots/in
special fleets. VW's estimated inventory stands at about a 70-day supply.

Read mo
http://wot.motortrend.com/volkswagen...#ixzz1pQ39RedW

Old September 3rd 12, 01:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
WindsorFox[_5_]

On 3/14/2012 11:55, Bert wrote:
> I wanted to replace my '02 Passat wagon last year and was disappointed
> to find that VW's no longer importing it.
>
> Now that I've finally decided that the Jetta wagon is a suitable
> replacement, I find that there aren't any.
>
> At the two local dealers I'd want to do business with, one has none, and
> has none coming.
>
> The other dealer has one on order, but doesn't expect it to arrive for
> several months, if at all.
>
> Neither found any in stock at any dealers in the region.
>
> They each had a couple of TDIs, but for me diesel isn't a practical
> option.

May I ask why? I just bought my first Euro car and the first Diesel.
I drove several high economy cars and hybrids, and was shocked when I
took off in the TDI Jetta the first time.

Old September 3rd 12, 04:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Bert

In "WindsorFox<SS>"
> wrote:

> On 3/14/2012 11:55, Bert wrote:
>

>> They each had a couple of TDIs, but for me diesel isn't a practical
>> option.

> May I ask why?

Because there's only one station within miles of where I live that sells
diesel.

The stations out in the suburbs and beyond all seem to have it, but the
older small stations here in the city don't.

However, going back to my original whine, shortly after I made that
post, about a half-dozen gas Jetta wagons showed up in town, and I now
have a 2012 SE wagon and am, so far, quite happy with it.

--
St. Paul, MN
Old September 3rd 12, 04:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
WindsorFox[_5_]

On 9/3/2012 10:22, Bert wrote:
> In "WindsorFox<SS>"
> > wrote:
>
>> On 3/14/2012 11:55, Bert wrote:
>>

>>> They each had a couple of TDIs, but for me diesel isn't a practical
>>> option.

>> May I ask why?

> Because there's only one station within miles of where I live that sells
> diesel.
>
> The stations out in the suburbs and beyond all seem to have it, but the
> older small stations here in the city don't.
>
> However, going back to my original whine, shortly after I made that
> post, about a half-dozen gas Jetta wagons showed up in town, and I now
> have a 2012 SE wagon and am, so far, quite happy with it.

That's great. Even if I didn't pass a dozen Diesel pumps to and from
work at better than 40MPGI can afford to shop P

Have you gained any rattles or squeaks? I saw a complaint or two on
TDIclub and I've developed an intermittent slight buzz in my drivers
door. It seems to be about where the two different colored pieces meet
near the door handle.
Old September 3rd 12, 05:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Bert Hyman

In "WindsorFox<SS>"
> wrote:

> Have you gained any rattles or squeaks? I saw a complaint or two
> on TDIclub and I've developed an intermittent slight buzz in my
> drivers door. It seems to be about where the two different colored
> pieces meet near the door handle.

Not yet. Overall, the car's not quite as quiet as my old '02 Passat
wagon, but compared to my wife's '02 Saturn, it's silent :-)

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

04 Jetta Wagon 2.0 BEV Steve[_42_] VW water cooled 11 August 22nd 11 02:25 PM
2002 jetta wagon W VW water cooled 0 April 26th 05 02:04 PM
FA: Volkswagen Jetta GLS WAGON GLS WAGON 2002 .....FREE SHIPPING 100 MILES ? VW water cooled 0 April 6th 05 05:58 PM
'02 Jetta Wagon roof racks Craig Faison VW water cooled 15 March 26th 05 04:17 AM
Best car seat(s) for Jetta Wagon Craig Faison VW water cooled 0 March 23rd 05 05:14 PM