Amazing Passat W8 vs Corvette ZO6 Video

Old July 11th 07, 01:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
Sal

Default Amazing Passat W8 vs Corvette ZO6 Video

270 BHP 2002 Passat W8 Six Speed Top Speed Run

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...5501749960.htm

2002 405 BHP Corvette ZO6

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...a1d7a94dfe.htm

This goes to show you the INCREDIBLE superiority of German Engineering
over American Engineering when a BONE STOCK Passat W8 has a higher top
speed than a Stock C5 ZO6.

The Passat W8 is the Cousin of the Legendary Bugatti Veyron W16 after
all.

Passat has much better gearing ratios and a 0.27 drag coefficient.

According to the top speed calculator, the 2002 Passat W8 only needs
411 BHP to reach 200 MPH, a Corvette would need at leas 550 BHP or
more.

Old July 11th 07, 03:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
Jim Behning[_1_]

So how does that car do on the race track? VW owner since 1977 wants
to know. Oh wait, you never see the car at any road courses.

Old July 11th 07, 04:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
news.wildblue.net

and after the race the VW went to the shop for repairs...

oups.com...

Old July 11th 07, 05:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
Sal

The Passat W8 is a family car and not really meant for the track. It's
meant for Autobahn Cruising @ 155 MPH+.
It's very front heavy and weighs 2 tons even though it's a midsize
car in proportion. Volkswagen Autogroup makes other cars such as the
Bugatti Veyron W16, Lamborghini Gallardo V10, Audi S6 V10 MTM, Audi
R8, and Volkswagen Golf GTI W12 which will whoop any American car on
the track.

On Jul 11, 10:53 am, Jim Behning

Old July 11th 07, 05:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
Sal

Oh, I almost forgot one of the most legendary cars that VAG makes, the
Audi TT Bimoto.

Old July 11th 07, 05:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
Sal

Have you actually watched the videos? The Passat is as smooth as silk
@ 174 MPH, and the ZO6s engine almost blows up when it reaches 172
MPH.

Old July 11th 07, 10:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
Spud

> Have you actually watched the videos? The Passat is as smooth as silk
> @ 174 MPH, and the ZO6s engine almost blows up when it reaches 172
> MPH.

It's called a rev limiter you moron.

And the Bug's limiter was disabled.

You must be a high school kid with a Cabreolet covertable.

Go post on the Bug group.

Old July 11th 07, 11:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
Brian Running[_1_]

> Have you actually watched the videos? The Passat is as smooth as silk
> @ 174 MPH, and the ZO6s engine almost blows up when it reaches 172
> MPH.

You're a strange kid, Sal. Have you watched the videos? There's
nothing in the VW video that reliably shows any speed indication. I
can't get the Corvette site to respond at all, so I don't know about that.

But I'll tell you right now, that VW is not going 174 mph in that video.
If it is, then there are two green vans that are doing at least 150 in
that video, too. Lessee, with their aero drag, that would require...
hmmm... carry the three... 6500 horsepower. To hell with the Passat
and the 'Vette, I want one of those vans!
Old July 12th 07, 02:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
Sal

On Jul 11, 6:26 pm, Brian Running > wrote:
> > Have you actually watched the videos? The Passat is as smooth as silk
> > @ 174 MPH, and the ZO6s engine almost blows up when it reaches 172
> > MPH.

> You're a strange kid, Sal. Have you watched the videos? There's
> nothing in the VW video that reliably shows any speed indication. I
> can't get the Corvette site to respond at all, so I don't know about that.
>
> But I'll tell you right now, that VW is not going 174 mph in that video.
> If it is, then there are two green vans that are doing at least 150 in
> that video, too. Lessee, with their aero drag, that would require...
> hmmm... carry the three... 6500 horsepower. To hell with the Passat
> and the 'Vette, I want one of those vans!

UM, NO, Passats have been confirmed with GPS.

http://www.need4speed.ws/top-speed/F...S-280-kmh.html

Old July 12th 07, 03:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
Bob I

WTFC. A Volkswagon is still a volkswagon.