Giving up an old freind....

Old September 21st 04, 03:17 PM
A Pink Floyd Fan

Default Giving up an old freind....

Dear RAMVA Regs and newbs,

I am announcing here that while I have not actively participated in this
newsgroup in the last few years (been busy and couldn't find a decent
newsreader and server until recently) that I thoroly enjoy *reading* all
the posts, rants arguments and stories ... however I sold my Beetle a
few years ago with the hope that I would be able to save and buy a
decent daily driver ... fast forward ... got busy with life and getting
my computer biz off the ground and that time hasn't came so now I am
finaly able to start looking for a good beetle perhaps not able to
afford the exact one I want but nonetheless at least able to contemplate
it ... being a 28 year old who has discovered that my nystagmous is
cuaseing me to lose my *legal* vision I must now give up VW and driving
altogether. I can't exaplin the hurt this causes me and the freedom I
feel like I've been robbed of knowing I'll have to rely on someone else
for transportation for the rest of my life.
I hear you all recently, especially with the whole toureg rants and I
must ask you all: Do you even know how lucky each and every one of you
are that you can choose which vehicle you wish to drive and alone drive
your beloved '57, your awesome GTI ... and yes even a Toureg ... I no
longer have that freedom so enjoy the precious moments we have on earth
and enjoy the freedom each VW gives you all ...
I'm not totally bumbed out about it ... I just changed direction and
went old school. I bought a bicycle and I rigged it out with touring
accesories and I'm healthy and vibrant enough to make it anywhere in
town via pedal power. That alone is an exciteing challenge for me but I
just wish to remind you all that being able to drive is a luxery and the
rants about this and that are hopelessly geared to the oblivious
ignorence to those less able. and to my RAMVA comrads: take that
air-cooled out for a spin the next beautiful fall day and thank your
lucky stars you are able to enjoy it.

Scott M. Toothman
Old September 21st 04, 03:29 PM
Kent

Well said...

--
Kent
1987 VW GTI 8V, original owner, 220,000+ miles