anti Touareg sentiment

Old September 20th 04, 05:20 AM
Martin Hirsch

Mike

Have been you been to www.VWVortex.com

They have a Touareg forum he

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zeroforum?id=39

Old September 20th 04, 09:54 AM

It's a parts car for earlier chassis.

TBerk

Old September 20th 04, 09:57 AM

D. Dub wrote:
> Ignore all the whiners ****ers and moaners they're Jealous.

hah Hah Hahahahahahahahahah.

Uh, no.

TBerk
Old September 20th 04, 11:33 AM
wkearney99

I make enough money to own one and I chose not to buy one. It's *horrible*
gas mileage and outrageous price for the performance (overall) offered just
don't make it worth it.

> If I made enough money I would own one. So until then I just get the

luxury

Old September 20th 04, 03:18 PM
Brian Running

> What a firestorm of criticism my innocent request for T-Reg owner input
> created!! Haven't any other longterm, satisfied, VW owners purchased one

of
> these vehicles?? I feel like I am out here all alone- and enjoying the

hell
> out of it!

Well, you know, this group is really used by the do-it-yourself guys who are
keeping their '87 Golfs running and on the road, and it's a tremendous
resource for that. Lots of knowledgeable mechanical people here. You're
just not going to find a lot Touareg people here (obviously). There have
got to be better forums for the topic.

Old September 20th 04, 10:54 PM
Kent

Your absolutely right, I'm jealous. How could you tell? Was it that obvious?
Do I wear my feelings on my sleeve for all to see? I've lived with this pain
and emptiness too long. I will no longer deny this desire, this yearning,
for a luxury sport-ute. Practicality be damned, I'm heading down to my
dealer right now and get me a Touareg!

--
Kent
1987 VW GTI 8V, original owner, 220,000+ miles

Old September 21st 04, 12:36 AM

No you are not. You have no drive flanges on your transmission. You
may spend all your Toureg money buying new springs and holders at the
dealer.

"Kent" > wrote:

>Your absolutely right, I'm jealous. How could you tell? Was it that obvious?
>Do I wear my feelings on my sleeve for all to see? I've lived with this pain
>and emptiness too long. I will no longer deny this desire, this yearning,
>for a luxury sport-ute. Practicality be damned, I'm heading down to my
>dealer right now and get me a Touareg!
>
>--
>Kent
>1987 VW GTI 8V, original owner, 220,000+ miles
>

>"D. Dub" > wrote in message
>> Ignore all the whiners ****ers and moaners they're Jealous.
>>

>> "aokvw" > wrote in message
>> > What a firestorm of criticism my innocent request for T-Reg owner input
>> > created!! Haven't any other longterm, satisfied, VW owners purchased

>one
>> of
>> > these vehicles?? I feel like I am out here all alone- and enjoying the

>> hell
>> > out of it!
>> >
>> > Mike (ducking already)

Jim B.
Old September 21st 04, 02:43 AM
Kent

Ouch, but not true. The dealer was very proud of their flange springs/thrust
washers, but still took only $33.10 + tax, leaving me plenty of coin for my
new Touareg. If the dealer had one on the lot with leather, chrome, and
proper cup holders, it would be in my garage right now. Honest.

Old September 21st 04, 03:51 AM
Steve Grauman

>Practicality be damned, I'm heading down to my
>dealer right now and get me a Touareg!

For some of us, an SUV *is* the most practical vehicle. We can't all make due
with compact and mid-sized cars.
Steve Grauman
Old September 21st 04, 04:34 AM
Kent

Somehow, our parents, and our parent's parents, "made due" without these
leather clad, bechromed behemoths, and their families were larger on
average. And the "Great American Road Trip" was all the rage. The Big 3 and
their Madison Ave. accomplices have convinced gullible city-dwelling boomers
(mostly) that they can't "make due" without these ridiculously high margin
vehicles, and they're laughing all the way to the bank. More proof that
growing up in front of the television makes you soft in the head.