1996-2000 3.0L belt juming problem fixed!

Old December 20th 05, 03:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default 1996-2000 3.0L belt juming problem fixed!

If you have a 96-2000 chrysler minivan with the 3.0L engine with serpentine
belt problems, then I have just the fix. The Goodyear 49204K belt kit.
This kit fixes the serpentine belt problem once and for all.

Old December 21st 05, 08:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

"javert" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> If you have a 96-2000 chrysler minivan with the 3.0L engine with
> serpentine
> belt problems, then I have just the fix. The Goodyear 49204K belt kit.
> This kit fixes the serpentine belt problem once and for all.

Is that in the gatorback series? We put a gatorback on our 94 chevy c1500
4.3 v6 and it seemed to be a good replacement for the cracked one that was
on it. Really is quiet too.

Also would that be the same problem as our 92 Dynasty 3.3 where the belt
would jump off every time it rained and we drove through a puddle?

Old December 21st 05, 02:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

The gatorback line of belts is definetly a superior belt (noise wise as
well as performance in wet conditions), however the belt offered in the
fix kit for the 3.0L is not part of the Gatorback series. It is however a
special (ribs on both sides) belt that will not fall of the pulleys once
installed.
As far as your 92 Dynasty with the 3.3L engine, Goodyear does not yet
offer a field fix kit for that engine. Until they do, I would recommend
that you use a Gatorback belt and ensure your belt tensioner is working
properly. Also I would ensure that any splash shields that came with the
vehicle are in place and working well.

Old December 21st 05, 05:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Like I said before, too bad your too late with a fix, Chrysler designed a
fix TSB for older 3.0s already, it includes a shield being installed on the
right side to keep out snow and rain, here is a quote from another message
group reguarding the 'older' 3.0's, Just call the chrysler dealer and ask
for service give them ur vin number and ask if the part numbers below apply
to your vehicle.

There is a TSB out to fix this problem and has been out for a long time. It
involves installing a redesigned shield and retainers. TSB 07-03-94 Rev.A
Quantity
Part No.
Description

1

**4673254**
Shield

2

6030441
Retainers

1

**6035135**
Screw

**AR
4612829
Belt, Serpentine Drive**

lkaboutautos.com...

Old December 21st 05, 05:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

The "snow shield" is a bandaid fix at best.

Old December 21st 05, 06:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

I dont know, but for the older ones, it will have to work, unless that belt
you use would work on the older 3.0s

lkaboutautos.com...

Old December 21st 05, 06:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Autozone sells a GY Gatorback for the older 3.0's, here is the info.

BELT

Normal Stock
Special Order
Not Available

Item Part
No.
Warranty Core
Value Unit
Price Availability
Store Web
GATORBACK
ALT & P/S 4060817 $31.99

"javert" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> The "snow shield" is a bandaid fix at best.

Attached Images
File Type: gif icon_in.gif (183 Bytes, 395 views)
File Type: gif icon_special.gif (118 Bytes, 407 views)
File Type: gif icon_not.gif (191 Bytes, 381 views)
File Type: gif clearpixel.gif (43 Bytes, 405 views)
File Type: gif icon_store_in.gif (219 Bytes, 397 views)
File Type: gif button_add_list.gif (481 Bytes, 412 views)
File Type: gif icon_web_in.gif (230 Bytes, 389 views)
File Type: gif button_buy_online.gif (459 Bytes, 410 views)
Old December 14th 19, 11:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
el codo

replying to javert, el codo wrote:
How about the MoPar authorized Technical service bulletin fix? The 1/10 the
cost water shield?

--
for full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/chrysler...xed-39338-.htm