2006 Rabbit interior light

Old August 16th 12, 12:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Jack[_29_]

Default 2006 Rabbit interior light

My 2006 Rabbit interior light no longer comes on when the front door is
opened. The lights still work when the three position toggle switch is
turned to 'on'. The door switch still changes the display on the dash when
opened.
Any ideas? Is there a timer/relay somewhere that might be bad??

--
Jack

Old August 16th 12, 12:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
PeterD

On 8/15/2012 7:59 PM, Jack wrote:
> My 2006 Rabbit interior light no longer comes on when the front door is
> opened. The lights still work when the three position toggle switch is
> turned to 'on'. The door switch still changes the display on the dash when
> opened.
> Any ideas? Is there a timer/relay somewhere that might be bad??

There may be many problem areas, but keep in mind that the switch may
have two sets of contacts: one for the dash features, and one for the
light. The two areas I suspect first off are the door switch, and the
three way switch in the fixture. Both can cause what you are seeing.

--
I'm never going to grow up.
Old August 16th 12, 02:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
LG[_2_]

Driver door lock assembly. Goes bad all the time. You should also notice the
key in ignition with door open chime and the headlights left on with door
open chime no longer work.

Old August 19th 12, 12:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Jack[_29_]

"PeterD" > wrote in message
> On 8/15/2012 7:59 PM, Jack wrote:
>> My 2006 Rabbit interior light no longer comes on when the front door is
>> opened. The lights still work when the three position toggle switch is
>> turned to 'on'. The door switch still changes the display on the dash
>> when
>> opened.
>> Any ideas? Is there a timer/relay somewhere that might be bad??
>>

> There may be many problem areas, but keep in mind that the switch may have
> two sets of contacts: one for the dash features, and one for the light.
> The two areas I suspect first off are the door switch, and the three way
> switch in the fixture. Both can cause what you are seeing.
>
> --

Thanks for the reply. The door switch seems logical so I thought I'd check
it, but I cannot even find it! Any clues where it is or how to check? Any
recommendations on a good manual?
Same goes for how to get at the three-way switch.

Old August 19th 12, 12:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Jack[_29_]

Thanks for the reply. The door open and the key in ignition chime still do
work.

Named but unedited: 1969 Dodge Coronet R-T Convertible with White Interior Light Green Poly rv (2006 Dream Cruise) IMG_3245.jpg 365545 bytes HEMI-Powered@[email protected] Auto Photos 0 April 8th 08 06:30 PM
Named but unedited: 1969 Dodge Coronet R-T Convertible with White Interior Light Green Poly fv (2006 Dream Cruise) IMG_3249.jpg 412312 bytes HEMI-Powered@[email protected] Auto Photos 0 April 8th 08 06:30 PM
2006 Jeep Liberty Limited Light Graystone Leather Interior svr Inferno Red CL.jpg 313745 bytes HEMI-Powered @ [email protected] Auto Photos 0 May 12th 07 12:12 PM
2006 Rabbit higgledy VW water cooled 15 July 21st 06 02:37 PM
'82 Rabbit instrument display (speedo) light changing Robert Young VW water cooled 5 November 27th 05 07:45 PM