Vacation pics are up

Old July 7th 08, 02:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
jbjeep

Default Vacation pics are up

For your viewing pleasu
<http://jbjeep.terahex.com/Fordyce-Rubicon08/Fordyce-Rubicon08.html>

Both trails are located in central California, the Fordyce (Meadow Lake camp)
is just north of I-80 east of Truckee and the Rubicon (Loon Lake camp) is
just north of Hwy 50 east of Placerville.

Total damages to me and mine:
Broken Pitman arm
Broken pitman arm _again_
Purchased new pitman arm
Rear sway bar link broke
Popped out a rear spring
Lost brakes when spring hit caliper and took line off
Holes in both knees
Hole in one hand
Large hole in pocket book for fuel for the trip

- jenn
Old July 7th 08, 05:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
nrs

On Jul 6, 8:34*pm, jbjeep > wrote:
> For your viewing pleasu
> * * * * <http://jbjeep.terahex.com/Fordyce-Rubicon08/Fordyce-Rubicon08.html>
>
> Both trails are located in central California, the Fordyce (Meadow Lake camp)
> is just north of I-80 east of Truckee and the Rubicon (Loon Lake camp) is
> just north of Hwy 50 east of Placerville.
>
> Total damages to me and mine:
> Broken Pitman arm
> Broken pitman arm _again_
> Purchased new pitman arm
> Rear sway bar link broke
> Popped out a rear spring
> Lost brakes when spring hit caliper and took line off
> Holes in both knees
> Hole in one hand
> Large hole in pocket book for fuel for the trip
>
> - jenn

Great pictures! Would sure like to run the Rubicon some day.
Old July 7th 08, 10:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW[_2_]

nrs wrote:
> jbjeep wrote:
>> For your viewing pleasu
>> <http://jbjeep.terahex.com/Fordyce-Rubicon08/Fordyce-Rubicon08.html>
>>
>> Both trails are located in central California, the Fordyce (Meadow
>> Lake camp) is just north of I-80 east of Truckee and the Rubicon
>> (Loon Lake camp) is just north of Hwy 50 east of Placerville.
>>
>> Total damages to me and mine:
>> Broken Pitman arm
>> Broken pitman arm _again_

Yep. Didn't catch the second crack that formed when the first one broke.
Glad it didn't cost you something more important.

>> Purchased new pitman arm
>> Rear sway bar link broke
>> Popped out a rear spring
>> Lost brakes when spring hit caliper and took line off
>> Holes in both knees
>> Hole in one hand
>> Large hole in pocket book for fuel for the trip

J.E.E.P. Just Empty Every Pocket. You should know that by now. :P

> Great pictures! Would sure like to run the Rubicon some day.

Indeed.

I'd be carefully checking all the linkages for any other cracks. Especially where the PS rack mounts to the frame.

--
DougW

Old July 8th 08, 05:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
jbjeep

>>J.E.E.P. Just Empty Every Pocket. You should know that by now. :P
>>
>>> Great pictures! Would sure like to run the Rubicon some day.

>>Indeed.
>>
>>I'd be carefully checking all the linkages for any other cracks. Especially where the PS rack mounts to the frame.

Good point. Most of the steering components are new. PS box is less than 1yr. Its
skidded and braced.

I am thinking about taking it to one of the fab shops and leaving it for a couple of
weeks. I have a list of stuff that needs to get done including the ram, limiter
straps to replace the rear swaybar, new pitman arm (slightly shorter), brakes (just
needs bleeding I think), one motor mount needs replacing, and a few other things.

-jenn
Old July 10th 08, 04:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_6_]

Great pics Jenn!
How come we never get to see YOUR smiling face in any of them? ;¬D
Looks like some pretty big rocks you were traveling along up there. Sorry to
hear that you broke your Jeep.

We managed to get through our long weekend at Superlift with only a few
little battle scars on the belly pans, and I scratched the sh*t out of the
wheels on one side. Battle scars, yes, beauty marks, not so much.

Love your pictures of the scenery in both places, it's absolutely breath
taking up there.

After this last trip to SL I've come to the conclusion that I MUST have more
Jeep parts. Going to have to get a job though.
Short list includes onboard air and replacing my RC quick (HA!) disconnects
with a Swaylock setup.

Did you notice, the only ones in this group that are out wheelin' are the
GIRLS!??
Heh... silly boys, Jeeps ARE for girls

Kate
_oooo_
/l ,[____],
l-L -OlllllllO-
()_)-()_)--)_)

The shortest distance between two points,
is a lot more fun in a Jeep!
2006 Rubi with some doodads bolted on here and there.

Old July 10th 08, 05:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
C. Langston Hughes IV

On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 20:54:59 -0700, L.W.(Poofte ßill)Hughes III wrote:

> Thanks Jennifer, looks like you had a great time. As scrapped knuckles
> prove.

Scrapped? Migawd, you mean they're all gone? That's terrible!

> God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
>
> http://www.billhughes.com/jeep_bookmark.htm
>
> "jbjeep" > wrote in message
>> For your viewing pleasu
>> <http://jbjeep.terahex.com/Fordyce-Rubicon08/Fordyce-Rubicon08.html>
>>
>> Both trails are located in central California, the Fordyce (Meadow Lake

> camp)
>> is just north of I-80 east of Truckee and the Rubicon (Loon Lake camp) is
>> just north of Hwy 50 east of Placerville.
>>
>> Total damages to me and mine:
>> Broken Pitman arm
>> Broken pitman arm _again_
>> Purchased new pitman arm
>> Rear sway bar link broke
>> Popped out a rear spring
>> Lost brakes when spring hit caliper and took line off
>> Holes in both knees
>> Hole in one hand
>> Large hole in pocket book for fuel for the trip
>>
>> - jenn

Rhoi'r ffidil yn y tô, Llewellen.

Old July 13th 08, 03:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
jbjeep

>>Great pics Jenn!

Thanks.

>>How come we never get to see YOUR smiling face in any of them? ;¬D

'Cause I am the one behind the camera!!??!! Might be some when I get everyone elses
photos, but I doubt it.

>>Looks like some pretty big rocks you were traveling along up there. Sorry to
>>hear that you broke your Jeep.

Oh yeah. Desk sized rocks for sure. Damages are really pretty minor. Only I dont
really have time to deal with them right now. Work is hell, I am trying to do 3
peoples jobs at the same time, with minimal help right now.

>>We managed to get through our long weekend at Superlift with only a few
>>little battle scars on the belly pans, and I scratched the sh*t out of the
>>wheels on one side. Battle scars, yes, beauty marks, not so much.

Hehehe. Done that before I assure you.

>>Love your pictures of the scenery in both places, it's absolutely breath
>>taking up there.

Yes it is. I hate the trip down there, but it is absolutly beautiful up there in the
high country.

>>After this last trip to SL I've come to the conclusion that I MUST have more
>>Jeep parts. Going to have to get a job though.
>>Short list includes onboard air and replacing my RC quick (HA!) disconnects
>>with a Swaylock setup.

Thats a lot shorter than my short list. LOL. I think I need to take mine up and
dump it off at the fab shop for a couple of weeks and let them dink around with it
and get everything back in order for me. Steering work, rear axle straps, brakes,
steering ram, motor mounts, etc.

>>Did you notice, the only ones in this group that are out wheelin' are the
>>GIRLS!??
>>Heh... silly boys, Jeeps ARE for girls

Yep. I did notice that. =P

PS - My sis and Bro-in-law stopped in the area and we had breakfast together this
morning, they are on their way to CO for the FJ Summit next week. They will hit some
good trails up there - not like where I was, but awful nice too.

What I did on my summer vacation Kate[_6_] Jeep 2 June 14th 08 06:47 AM
cops on paid vacation.... Brent P[_1_] Driving 2 March 30th 08 05:19 AM
Miata Vacation 2005 wla2000 Mazda 9 July 26th 05 03:28 AM
Why does Bush go on vacation during war? artie beamer Simulators 52 April 12th 05 03:23 PM
OT What I did on my vacation Shag VW air cooled 19 February 8th 05 11:32 AM